Thread: Nearing the end of my 30+ playthrough

Boxer of the Galaxy Nearing the end of my 30+ playthrough Rowan's Avatar

Nearing the end of my 30+ playthrough

Okay so I've farmed some magic pots and movers using the W-item glitch (dont judge me) and when I had mastered 4x cut and numerous counterattack materia for the ultimate assualt, I destroyed the battle arena in gold saucer, took omnislash, w-summon and recieved final attack materia as well as few speed plus for good measure. I also created a nice Master Magic for myself and now I plan to go back to farm the pots again to give birth to some more counterattack materia, master final attack and phoenix and plan to take on ruby and emerald. Ill only finish the game once all characters have a master magic and command. summon isnt important.

For cloud, his build will go as follows.

Mastermagic-Quadra Magic (4x any magic will be casted)
    Master Command - Added cut
    Master command - HP Absorb
    4x cut
    Long Range
    Counterattack
    Counterattack
    Counterattack
    Counterattack
    Counterattack
    Final attack - Phoenix (for whole party revive upon death)

Having the multiple master commands will allow the support materia to affect 4x cut, which otherwise wouldnt work if paired with only 4x cut. So now not only will i do 5 cuts , but they will also absorb hp each time. If I am attacked, I will retaliate with 5 counterattacks (cap is 8, but is uneccassary). I would usually equip a ziedrich, but cannot due to the amount of materia I wish to use for cloud. So instead I will be using a Mystile. It has incredibly high evasion rates which is bad synergy for my counterattacks, but in any case, makes cloud near invincible.

I will make similar builds for Tifa and Yuffie (my two other main characters).
    This is the first time ive bothered keeping yuffie in my party, but she is actually a great character. Her ultimate weapon the Conformer will allow you to morph enemies and do regular damage instead of reduced, which makes it easier to kill and farm for sources in the gelinka, if you wish. Her limit break bloodfest is also incredibly powerful if you max her strength.

So once I've created the dream team, I will destroy sephiroth. The embodiment of all that is evil and badass at the same time. I really wish they would make some sort of 4 part movie on final fantasy 7 (CGI , of course). Id love to just watch it over and over. They would need to get the characters just right though.

Registered Uber Nearing the end of my 30+ playthrough Hobaginator's Avatar

Re: Nearing the end of my 30+ playthrough

Mind blown... I didn't know you could stack counterattacks.

Ok now I just need to find a ps1 and a copy of FF7 again... Damn it. I WAS gonna get a job...
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Magically Delicous Nearing the end of my 30+ playthrough Merlin's Avatar

Yep, you can do some crazy stuff if you spend enough time maxing out your materia. One of my favorites was stacking counterattacks on Yuffie, have her intercept attacks to other players, and equip her final weapon. You can make the weapon battles stupid easy. It is a really cheap way to win the battle but still fun due to the amount of work it takes to prepare for it.

I should added, cover materia should be on the person with counterattack. I think that's what Merlin means by intercepting attacks.

My couch pulls out but I don't. Nearing the end of my 30+ playthrough midgetbob's Avatar

That's what I did with Yuffie... All Master Counter-Attack and a Master Cover. She'd cover someone getting hit then go crazy on them. Ruby? Emerald? You so silly...
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

Why yuffie though? Couldn't any character be successful with that materia combination? Or am I to understand the conformer ignores defense?
    Last edited by Rowan; 06-25-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Some spelling mistakes made on iphone.

My couch pulls out but I don't. Nearing the end of my 30+ playthrough midgetbob's Avatar

Yuffie is a boss, that's why.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Why yuffie though? Couldn't any character be successful with that materia combination? Or an I to understand the cobdornwr ignores defense?
    Conformer is the best ultimate weapon, IMHO, as the higher the monster level, the more damage you do. My setup for Yuffie was this:

Conformer, Mystile, HP Plus, Cover, Counter AttackX12.

Any time a monster attacks, you cover the target and counter attack 12 times for 9,999 damage (119,988 total).

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Conformer is the best ultimate weapon, IMHO, as the higher the monster level, the more damage you do. My setup for Yuffie was this:

Conformer, Mystile, HP Plus, Cover, Counter AttackX12.

Any time a monster attacks, you cover the target and counter attack 12 times for 9,999 damage (119,988 total).
    I thought Counterattack capped at 8? Can you confirm this Merlin?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I thought Counterattack capped at 8? Can you confirm this Merlin?
    Ah that's right. I had Counterattack X8. I was looking up where I originally got that strategy from and forgot they had a typo in it. Even so, I was still doing a shit ton of damage. ^^ I also gave her 4X-Cut(mastered 2x cut) and Long Range. Stick her in the back row so she takes less damage when covering.

The cheapest tactic of them all is still miming 2X Knights of the Round or casting KOTR 4X. I prefer not to use that though.