Thread: If FFVII was on N64

Certified tech, come at me! If FFVII was on N64 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If FFVII was on N64

Thinking back to the time when Square was developing this for the N64 before they completely turned around and went to Sony's platform, would it have worked on N64 if cartridge technology was better than it was back then or if N64 used discs? I personally think it would. If you take a look at FFVII for the PS1, the graphics are basically N64 quality with cutscenes added. Also if FFVII was released on N64, would that have changed what future FFs got released afterwards?
    Currently Playing:

Playstation and PC that was it.

That's how I think they were able to go from N64 to Playstation rather quickly was the graphics. I think it was because they realized that it wasn't going to fit on the cartridge so they had to go with more memory.

Mark. FFVII was originally made for Nintendo 64.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth If FFVII was on N64 Xanatos's Avatar
    64-128MB at best was the usual size of N64's cartridge (I don't think it even went as far as 128MB), even without the cutscenes Final Fantasy VII is a massive game to begin with, plus CD's were far better in audio department and as you know music is a huge part of Final Fantasy VII as well, those cartridges had to be several times better to squeeze that all in. The size alone is why N64 has pletora of shity ports, for instance Spiderman was pretty much striped down just to fit on N64's cartridge and that game is nowhere near as big as Final Fantasy VII is.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 06-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If it had been on N64, it would have been on N64 and I wouldn't have been able to play it.

Making it for PSOne was the better move in terms of memory, and the fact that three times as more PSOne Console units were sold worldwide than the N64 (as of 2012 and 2010 figures, respectively. Whether there was a difference at the time of the game's release and if that had an impact on their decision, I can't be bothered to check). The PSOne was the more popular console in terms of sales and had been around longer, I guess.

I wonder how many cartridges it would have taken to have the whole game on N64? It took three discs...

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Queen If FFVII was on N64 Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    I wonder how many cartridges it would have taken to have the whole game on N64? It took three discs...

"Tiger Hair" If FFVII was on N64 HeroZero's Avatar
    Thinking back to FFVII, if it hadn't had the cutscenes it really would have been a different experience. Gosh I still remember how freakin amazed I was watching the attack on Junon (almost wrote Jeuno) with the missile contrails and the beast attacking. It was breathtaking at the time, and was part of what Final Fantasy meant to me from then on.

Without those amazing scenes, I don't know if I would have enjoyed the game as much. Certainly RPGs and Square would be in a different place if they had stuck with N64 cartridge.
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"