Thread: How old were you when you first played VII?

Hewerya love...? How old were you when you first played VII? seanb's Avatar

Red face How old were you when you first played VII?

Just out of curiosity, how old/young were you?

I played it first in 98/99 and I was about eight, so as you can imagine I wasn't fit for it .. so I only properly played it when I was around 14

Registered User How old were you when you first played VII? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: How old were you when you first played VII?

Without understanding a dang thing in it, I beat the game at age 9 I think.

I remember being very young and understanding very very little about its storyline. I didn't fully get it til about two years ago when I was 15.

I just liked racing against pretty colored chocobo's. However I had played and beaten FFVIII first at age 8. Cowincidence? No says I!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth How old were you when you first played VII? Xanatos's Avatar

Can't say I had the same problem as you guys as I was 20 years old when I decided to play Final Fantasy VII for the first time, though I got into Final Fantasy at rather young age, I was 11-12 years old back then.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User How old were you when you first played VII?

I was probably 12 or 13 when I first played the game. I had a boyfriend (lol) at the time who was a big gamer too, and when he found out I had gotten FF VII, he let me borrow his Player's Guide, and he also used his gameshark on my memory card so I could have all kinds of goodies.

So yeah, I just breezed right through the story on my first playthrough.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Hewerya love...? How old were you when you first played VII? seanb's Avatar

hehe very good boyfriend Dodie, I can imagine his thinking was "if she finishes this game it will change her life and she will love me for it!"
    ....I have yet to use this strategy

I came in late into the final fantasy franchise, so I got, played, and beat VII when I was 20 (which was in 2010). I was interested and heard about final fantasy when I was younger, but I never bothered with it until I was in my older teens. Basically, my childhood wasn't filled with final fantasy like the rest of y'all. -_-
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み How old were you when you first played VII? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

FFVII was my second FF game, and I played it when I was 9. I had VIII, and loved that, but I wanted to play VII too, so I got it for Christmas when I was 9. Obviously, it was different to VIII at first, so it took some getting used to.

Glow Razor

I first played after a neighbor saw me playing my new FF9. He and his friend, who were big Final Fantasy Fanatics, were talking of 7, and I told them I had no idea what they were saying. So he left, got a FF9 guide and FF7, and gave both to me. I was about 7 at the time, and didn't even get out of Midgar. I beat it at about 13, about 4 years ago.

Kaz

My best friend beat ff7 and told me I had to play these games. When he beat that it was right around when ff8 came out. So I bought ff8 and after getting to the 3rd disc, my memory card fried. I was 10 or 11 at the time and I had spent so much time I broke down and cried my butt off lol. So I restarted and beat that. When I realized it was my favorite game ever, I then went on to #7, which coincidentally, after the 2nd disc my memory card fried again and I refused to restart it. I didn't actually finish ff7 till this past year @ 23 now. I guess thats why I rank 8 above 7...b/c I never forgave the fried memory card and beat it when I was a child.

is not a douche How old were you when you first played VII? Bubble Boy's Avatar

bout 13/14

it's what got me hooked to the other FFs. VIII being the first one I played.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I honestly don't remember, but I'm guessing '99/'00ish. I'd have been about seven or eight. I can't even remember when I got my PSOne. ^^;

I never fully understood it until I was about thirteen though, when I went to play it again. And then I understood it more when I was sixteen.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Oh Boy! How old were you when you first played VII? Lavos's Avatar

Oh God that takes me back. Um... bout 10-odd years ago. I think that I was in the 2nd grade? I remember making it to Neiblhiem and getting stuck on the boss at the end of the pipes with no way up...

FINISH HIM!

Boxer of the Galaxy How old were you when you first played VII? Rowan's Avatar

probably 9. I was in the second grade also. I didnt have a memory card at the time, so i just kept replaying what I got upto over and over again. The day my dad brought a memory card was a very happy day.

FFIX dominance.... How old were you when you first played VII? FFlover2789's Avatar

My first time playing was in '01/'02 when i was 8 and couldn't save so when i got my own copy i hated beginning but once i got through that i had so much fun! i didn't really get the story until i was 12 though....

I first played Final Fantasy VII when I was I think 21 and I'm 23 now. Yes, I know I got a late start on it, especially since I've been into the Final Fantasy series since I was a kid. I just had always thought I wouldn't like the 3D Final Fantasy games, since I had always been used to the 2D ones, but I saw it on PSN, decided "What the hell" and I got it. I'm glad I did, because it really is a great game.

Registered User How old were you when you first played VII? Zidane77's Avatar

I played it first when i was 11, but i remember i couldn't get out of the reactor (never played FF before then).
    I continued renting the game until i bought it and beated it finally. When i was 14 i had beaten the game like 5 times.
    It was even my thinking process while i was drinking with my friends, stone-hammered.

Blog Entries

I remember renting it back in like '99 back when I was 10 or 11 or some shit (5th grade). I got up to like Nibelheim back in the day and I kept the save until I actually got the game a year or so later, and then I picked up from where I left off. ^^
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

the psycho in me wants pie!!! How old were you when you first played VII? kurohime's Avatar

I played it in 98' so i was about 4 when i played it the first time. My mom taught me to read a littlebit early so i understood the game a little. I played it agin like 3 years ago.
    The cake is a lie!!!!!

Just kind of there. How old were you when you first played VII? Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was 11 years old when i first played the game.
    My dad came over. Which was a very rare occurrence at the time.
    I would always bring me a cool present.
    One time it was Final Fantasy VII.
    It changed my outlook on life.

This was 1999.
    The same year I made the decision to start calling myself a gamer.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 How old were you when you first played VII? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

I Played This For The First Time When I Was Like 8,9 Or 10...I Kinda Cannot Remember, But Its Been A While, Thats For Sure. I Got Stuck Somewhere, So I Kinda Gave Up At Some Point, But Now That I Have It And I Understand It Better, Its Been Pretty Easy For Me. I Admit, It Was Pretty Cool Back In The Day. Now I Feel there Should Deffinately Be A Remake...Hehe

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

I want to play a game. How old were you when you first played VII? Zargabaath's Avatar

I was 16. I picked my copy up in a mall in the Detroit area along with FFVIII. Didn't beat the game till like a year later when I was visiting my aunt in NY. Before beating FFVII, I beat FFVIII. I believe I beat FFX-2 for the first time as well at that point. Three FFs beaten in three days.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

LittleBlondeGoth

I would have been around 17 / 18 when this came out, which makes me feel really old now, let me tell you.

First saw it round my boyfriends house. He was somewhere in Midgar when I popped over, so I sat down to watch. After 30 minutes, I was bugging him to let me have a go. He refused. After an hour, I'd left the house to go buy a PlayStation and copy of the game for myself. Never looked back.

Registered User How old were you when you first played VII? Locke4God's Avatar

I had to be about 22, I think. I was in college for sure, and I know I could drink by then, because the girl I was dating, came after the girl I was dating the night of my 21st B-Day. Maybe I was 23.

WOW,,,, you know what's weird is that when I think about playing that game for the first time, it seems like it was forever ago, but I'm only 32 now, and when I think about 9 years ago, it doesn't seem that long. Things that were happening 9 years ago don't seem that far back, but playing that game seems like it was forever. Weird huh?

I first played it when I was 7 but my stupid brother lost the 2nd disk and yea so after all this time I just got a new one and I just bet it and I love it

FF7 was the first Playsation game I ever played and completed. From the day I first played it I was hooked what an awesome game it was (and still is) and from then on I got the new FF games as soon as I could when they come out. To answre your question I think I was about 16 cuz I didn't get a playstation whenit first came out I had to earn it I got it as a reward for fairly decent exam results!!!