Thread: How long were your fights with Emerald and Ruby?

Registered User How long were your fights with Emerald and Ruby? Cyric's Avatar

How long were your fights with Emerald and Ruby?

I had been lucky enough to have my fights with Emerald and Ruby lasted no more than 20 minutes a piece. Well, that's a lie the fight with emerald pushed me about 30-45 minutes. I used mime like I was paid to use it. What about you?

The Mad God How long were your fights with Emerald and Ruby? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    About 10 seconds each thanks to the fun Death Sentence exploit.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

That's a tactic I had never heard of to be quite honest. I had heard of miming KotR from all the characters, but never a death sentence technique. Mind explaining it or hitting me with a link?

The Mad God How long were your fights with Emerald and Ruby? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    It's basically exploiting how the weapon works. It's special property, is that it gets stronger based upon how many things it has killed. Once you've killed 65535 enemies with it, you overflow the calculator and it starts hitting ridiculous numbers to a point where it can literally one shot both bosses.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Haha, that's awesome. I had never even bothered to use the weapon tbh. Now I'm going to fire up my save file to see if I have it still.

Bananarama How long were your fights with Emerald and Ruby? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I always exploited the aire tam storm attack to set up lucky 7's.

You need to do some finagling so your party has both 9999 hp and ONLY 2 materia each. The W-Item cheat to make 99 mexalixirs helps too, and is highly recommended.

Keep everyones HP at max, until aire tam storm. It will do 1111 damage for each materia equipped. If you have 2 per person, thats 2222 damage. 9999- 2222 equals lucky 7's. All you have to do is just maintain HP and attack when you have the option to. The fight is usually over in 10 minutes.

Ruby was more of a crapshoot for me, depending on who it knocked out. I beat him in maybe 25 minutes though.

Haven't seriously played it in years though... I should change that
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Or you can use cait siths slots limit break for the instant death if you're lucky enough to hit it that is... First time I killed him however I just kept getting cloud to mime his omnislash for most of the damage, worked in the end

Boxer of the Galaxy How long were your fights with Emerald and Ruby? Rowan's Avatar
    Never had trouble with emerald weapon. I always equipped as much materia as I wanted. I usually killed him before air-tam storm, but I also had final attack+phoenix on one of my characters so it never mattered if I died. Ruby was always a pain in the ass. Its easy to fall victim to his attacks, so I usually w-summon knights of round then mime with another character. Its cheap, but it gets the job done.

edit: tip for those that dont know, if you go into the ruby battle with a full party, he will sand-suck 2 of your members out of the battle. Go into the battle with 2 dead, and ruby will immediately put his fingers in the dirt and begin tentacle domination. Its at this point in which you may revive your members.