Thread: Finding Yuffie

Registered User Finding Yuffie Melsaphim's Avatar

Finding Yuffie

Hi, i've just started my twenty something run through FFVII and have ran into an annoyance i've never had before. Every single time i have played 7 i have found yuffie by spending roughly 20mins running around the forest just outside the cave you pass through with the midgar serpent on the chocobo farm side in the water, before rufus' welcoming ceremony in junon. This time however, for the first time in all my runs through, i have spent ages looking for her to no avail. she just wont show.

Now i know yuffie isn't everybodies cup of tea but i like having her in my party for the early parts of the game and find i have to get her and vincent or i dont feel i have 'completed' the game. I just find it weird that she suddenly on this time through wont show up where she always has before.

Where do you guys normally run into her, which point of the game? and whats your view on the small annoying 'ninja'? i have a theory about annoying female characters in FF games, yuffie, selphie, rikku, penello, venile its like cid being in all these games yet somehow always different but anyway i digress ><

Cheers
    Mels

Registered User Finding Yuffie

Re: Finding Yuffie

For most of my run-throughs, I ran into her near the forests of Gongaga. Possibly closer to Costa Del Sol... It was definitely after the boat ride, that's for sure. It's been ages since I've done that though. For my later plays, I pick her up near the forests of Junon. Dunno how close those are to the cave area you're talking about (too lazy to look for a map...), but if it's much further, maybe try doing that? But yeah. That's kind of weird that she's not showing up for you.

I like Yuffie. She does have her annoying moments, but I like having her in battle. Her long-range weapons are nice, and I like her limit breaks.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

She is a random encounter in any of the forests on the world map, the first place you can encounter her if memory serves is the woods outside junon, just keep running around in circles standing in a forest and you will have a random battle with her.. heck may even be your first battle!

Its a random encounter, i dont know how you're having so much trouble, i always found her after 2-3 fights tops, always at junon cept for my first play through

The King of Blitz &amp;amp; Modding Finding Yuffie Jecht's Avatar

LOL... second then XD, the last time i play the game for PC (also playing as Jecht as Cloud LOL) it take me like... HOURS find her! i mean i don't 'now wth happen but she don't come out! i have all my team, Jecht,Tifa and Aerith at lv 20-21 for kill so many thin' on the way, but she DON'T come out!
    until like the 3 hours later she come out and quickly defeat for the lv-buff-wait-off lol

Annoyin'?! actually she was one of my fav character on that game! now the most annoyin' i found was the same tifa & aerith, but with Yuffie was a loot more better! more with her quotes of material-relative "i want to steal them".

on others FFs... welp... on the FF4 was Rose, later on 5... nothing O_o, 6 TERRA, following by Celes, 8 RINOA (include quistits was more accepted) 9 Garnet. 'cos, Eiko was DAMN cute~ 10 YUNA-RIKKU PLS. after that i don't, not played more, but for play one FF12 of ds, i admit Penelo was annoyin' to... like Vaan anyway lol (while fran was not and more HOTTER)

shit, now i have again those feelin' of play the game AGAIN and AGAIN as Jecht+more thin' lol!

Crash Boom Bang Finding Yuffie Lily's Avatar

ive always got her in the forests between Junon and Gongaga, the first time I ever played I was really lucky and she was my first encounter there, so I knew she existed, but I kept saying the wrong things to make her join the party.

On other playthroughs though, Ive been running around in the same area well over an hour and she's just not shown once, just be persistent, she'll turn up eventually

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I usually pick her up in the forest near Gongaga. I usually find her very quickly, and usually when I'm not actually looking for her. But yeah, she is a random spawn, just like any other enemy.

I always screw up with the questions though, and having to find her again. ><

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Sometimes you find her immediately, but I have known it to take me over an hour a couple of times keep going she will be out there somewhere!

Ex-SOLDIER Finding Yuffie Cloud Strife's Avatar
    She's easier to find in the forests near Gongaga. I've noticed that, while she is available, she's more difficult to find in the forests near Junon (it's taken me upwards of an hour or more to find her on some play-throughs).