Thread: Final Fantasy VII Rumors (False+True)

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VII Rumors (False+True) Rowan's Avatar

Final Fantasy VII Rumors (False+True)

Here is where we post all those rumors about the game that we know or have heard of, both fake and true.
    I'll start with this.

If you get to the city of the ancients before the gamer clock hits 4 hours, Tifa will be killed instead of Aeris. - obviously false.

If you use gameshark codes to get Yuffie into your party before the midgar zolom crossing, she will have her own unique sentence that she says when you look upon the midgar zolom impaled on the spike - Oddly enough, this is true. The significance of this is that its impossible otherwise to get yuffie before the crossing.

They had intended to have Yuffie before that part of the game but I think that would have been a bad idea. (who knows what they were thinking back in 96)

The only one I can think of was reviving Aeris with using Tissues at her church. Bunch of things going back to City of Ancients and what not.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Consistently Average Final Fantasy VII Rumors (False+True) Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't really say if this is true or false but apparently there's a bug in the game (who'd have thought) that screws over your entire memory card if you do the Wutai sidequest on a PS2 on the first disk.

I can't remember if it's only on the PAL versions or anything, but i've always done that sidequest as soon as I get the Tiny Bronco on the first disk and nothing bad has happened to the game. I think i'll do it on disk 2 in the future just to be safe.
    Last edited by Kurt Zisa; 10-07-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: wall o' text
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

#LOCKE4GOD Final Fantasy VII Rumors (False+True) Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    If you use gameshark codes to get Yuffie into your party before the midgar zolom crossing, she will have her own unique sentence that she says when you look upon the midgar zolom impaled on the spike - Oddly enough, this is true. The significance of this is that its impossible otherwise to get yuffie before the crossing.
    You don't need to use gamesharks for this... Skipping the Midgar Zolom Scene Glitch

Video is longer than it needs to be. The cool part is if you choose to do the Midgar Zolom impalement scene with Cid, Vincent and Cait Sith... they're all invisible and you can control an invisible character.

I skipped the Midgar Zolom without a chocobo the first time I ever played FFVII. I still saw the scene since I'm almost certain I had to open the menu up. I tried for like an hour dying to the Zolom in the swamp because I sucked at catching chocobos.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I skipped the Midgar Zolom without a chocobo the first time I ever played FFVII. I still saw the scene since I'm almost certain I had to open the menu up. I tried for like an hour dying to the Zolom in the swamp because I sucked at catching chocobos.
    So did I, haha. I was probably 9 or 10 when I first played it though.

Rumor that equals to be true , but well to known to most ff7 players. On disc 3 you can dig up the key to sector 7 and visit aeris' church. Upon entering for the first time, you will see her and then she will flicker away. Upon reenter, you will see a much shorter, almost instantaneous flicker which is much harder to notice than the first time.

False rumor. If you bring the desert rose to Aeris' church when she's there as a ghost, and use it in the inventory, Cloud will say: "Aeris... I'll never forget you"

true rumor, you can go on a date with Barett at gold saucer.
    Last edited by Rowan; 10-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.

You can also go on a date with Yuffie.

Yuffie is I think the hardest to go on a date with, Aeris being the easier and Tifa being pretty easy.
    Last edited by loaf; 10-08-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Registered User Final Fantasy VII Rumors (False+True) Cyric's Avatar
    You can go on a date with Barrett and that is much harder than Yuffie.

Blog Entries
    typically its pretty wrong to go on dates with under age girls, thats why its a bit tough for the old dog Cloud to pull it off

i think one of the true rumors was if you master each materia of a certain color, you get one of the master materia? then if you beat emerald weapon, you can get a second full set.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Rocky is correct, you should be able to get an infinite amount of Master Magic Materia.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Rocky is correct, you should be able to get an infinite amount of Master Magic Materia.
    Loaf is correct, but you can also get an infinite amount of not only master magic materia, but master summon and master command materia.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy VII Rumors (False+True) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Loaf is correct, but you can also get an infinite amount of not only master magic materia, but master summon and master command materia.
    Don't forget that Bahamut Zero materia (or was that Neo Bahamut). One of those you get if you keep mastering the bahamut materias.
    Currently Playing: