Thread: Level to beat ruby wepon

Level to beat ruby wepon

Ok so I'm lazy and want kotr but can't be bothered to breed a gold chocobo

what level would you suggest to go after the ruby wepon?
    I'm only on disk 2 tho :/ lol
    i came, i posted, i left

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Level to beat ruby wepon KainsBro's Avatar

Re: Level to beat ruby wepon

I'd like to know that, he whipped my ass last time!

Quote Originally Posted by gareth9989 View Post
    Ok so I'm lazy and want kotr but can't be bothered to breed a gold chocobo
    O.o I'm not sure what that is.

what level would you suggest to go after the ruby wepon?
    I'm only on disk 2 tho :/ lol
    Kind of hard for me to give suggestion on a good level because normally when I play any game I end up sickly over leveling before I fight anything extra towards the end of the game. I'm going to say maybe levels 65-70 I guess, but there are more ways to get around killing it without being a super high level, you just need to try different things.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries

It really doesn't matter too much what your level is, Ruby weapon will do about 8000-9000 damage with just his physical attacks, so just make sure you have maxed out hp/mp, which you can accomplish with materia of course.

If you have Knights of the Round materia, just W-summon that and be sure to have plenty of elixirs. Have a ribbon equipped so you dont get hit with status effects and have a mystile so you can dodge attacks/magic with ease. It will take a while of mostly KotR summon cutscenes but it's not tough with a decent setup.

EDIT: If you don't have kotr, an alternative would be to beat Emerald Weapon so you can get all the master magic/summon/command materia and use kotr from there. Emerald Weapon can easily be overpowered if you have double cut materia on everyone.
    Last edited by Rocky; 03-19-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Oh Boy! Level to beat ruby wepon Lavos's Avatar

I am unsure.

But after a few hours of fighting Malboro's in that room in the Northern Crater, I simply crushed him with all lvl 78's and mostly hp and summon materia.

FINISH HIM!

Dark Dragon King Level to beat ruby wepon GohanRulezX's Avatar

*Is Ruby Weapon's bitch*

No clue.
    I will make you fear the dark!

Registered User Level to beat ruby wepon Zidane77's Avatar

I recommend being on at least Lv.65 and have KOTR with W-Summon,Mime,4-X Cut, Omnislash and Ultima Weapon for Cloud and a lot of HP,MP pluses and Elixirs/Megalixirs.
    Phoenix with at least 4 star final attack is pretty important too, Luck Plus and hero drinks do not hurt to use also.
    So basically KOTR and Omnislash do the most useful damage when the horns are down if i remember correctly.
    Just have one healer that is always ready with an elixir and mime it if necessary, he'll go down soon enough.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 03-29-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Bass Player Extraordinaire Level to beat ruby wepon Joe's Avatar

Be around lvl 65, high HP/MP IS important. You'll need W-Summon, Hades, Counter (the blue one) Linked with Mime, KOTR linked with HP Absorb, and Final Attack linked with Revive. The other materia are irrelevant.

Basically you'll go in with One character, and once Ruby buries her claws W-summon Hades and Kotr. Hades Paralyzes ruby, so ruby can't get a hit in, and Kotr will both damage and heal you at the same time. You Mime every turn from here on out, paralyzing, damaging, and healing yourself. If ruby gets a hit or two in, you'll automatically counter with hades and Kotr, healing yourself and reparalyzing. This takes FOREVER though, but it's almost guaranteed.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Wait to you have at least got your Parties levels into the mid 80's but personally I would get them up to the maximum level of 99. This fight will be mighty difficult to win without KOTR however it CAN be done. As well as your characters being on high levels Mastered Materia such as Magic Plus, HP Plus, Mime, Final Attack-Phoenix (or Life 2), Hades would be useful as well as your party members all having their Ultimate Weapons and Exterme Limit Breaks. But in my opinion stop being a lazy bum and breed yourself a Gold Chocobo as KOTR will help you greatly trust me you won't regret it believe me!!!