Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4

The Quiet One Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4

Square Enix and Sony announced last night during the Sony E3 Press Conference that the much requested remake for Final Fantasy VII is actually happening. Many of the key development staff for the original game is returning for the development of the game. While no release window has been announced, it's been speculated that it will be timed for the 20th anniversary of the game giving it a 2017 time frame.

The wording in the trailer is that the game will come to the PS4 first, but will likely visit other platforms at an undetermined date. Given the scope of the Final Fantasy VII story and world with the compilation, it's not known how or if any of the new elements introduced after the release the game will factor into the new development.

(Note: Yes, there's already thread for it this, but I've always felt it was impolite to rewrite someone else's thread for the sake of the news.)
    Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4-ffviilogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Queen Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 Crescent's Avatar
    Essentially THE reason why I joined this forum.

They'll most likely deviate from the original storyline to accommodate the backstories of Crisis Core n BC n events of AC Complete n Dirge. Most of the additions to the FFVII lore havent been anything special (esp from CC) or have outright changed major aspects of the original FFVII story 4dc2674f7

For eg, Genesis being the person who tips Sephiroth over the edge of sanity during the Nibelheim incident. A totally unnecessary change that shoehorns the most pointless character into a classic scene/event.

Otherwise Im still overwhelmed n in disbelief 1066254

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if Lazard will have an appearance (if you think back to the events of Crisis Core)?

SPOILER!!:
    Lazard survived during the events of Crisis Core and since he didn't exist within the original FFVII, there hasn't been mention of him after that.

Also I am really hoping Gackt will do some vocals for some of the new tracks they may add to the game, not all tracks though. Many may disagree with my view in this matter, but my request still stands.

Also will they be mentioning materia fusion or even utilizing it? that was another case of it exists in the prequel but that's it, same with Genesis.

Could we be possibly seeing Denzel making an appearance from Advent Children?

SPOILER!!:
    Since they are remaking VII, is it possible for Hojo to be the main final boss? I mean he was the father of Sephiroth, the very person who made him into what he was. Hojo ended up being one of the last villains in DoG that was causing the mess behind what was going on in the events of that game.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 06-17-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    Currently Playing:

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 Rowan's Avatar
    While I liked crisis core, I didn't really care for the additional characters. Genesis can go **** himself, noone is a match for sephiroth (cloud being the exception). I really hope they dont molest the storyline by including anything genesis or dirge related, I dont consider it canon. Its the dbzGT of FF7.

The 37th Red Spade Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I never had the opportunity to play any of the other FF7 games; I've not even seen Advent Children yet!

So, from my perspective, adding in story elements from those games will seem strange when (if, really, since I have no idea what my money situation will be when it comes out) I play through it.

I'm only vaguely familiar with the events of the other games; I have no idea who Angeal or Genesis or any of those people are. A friend of mine, who has played just about every Final Fantasy there is, says Crisis Core was like fanfiction to him. I can't say, of course, since I've never played it.

But I do like the song Redemption by Gackt.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

Consistently Average Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I'm the same as coff: don't have much knowledge of VII lore outside of the main game. Well there was DoC but I really didn't like anything they added to it and wasn't paying that much attention anyway. I'd prefer if they stuck solely to the original material, especially with character's attitudes and personalities, but not everything they've added or retconed can't be all bad?
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I really hope they dont molest the storyline by including anything dirge related
    They definitely will it won't affect the storyline, just flesh out Vincent's relationship with Lucrecia a bit more, give her a little more importance as Sephiroth's mother. Show his interactions with Hojo, and maybe touch on the fact he holds something powerful in himself (Chaos obv n Protomateria ambiguity). Also maybe some Deepground clues...

Boxer of the Galaxy Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    They definitely will it won't affect the storyline, just flesh out Vincent's relationship with Lucrecia a bit more, give her a little more importance as Sephiroth's mother. Show his interactions with Hojo, and maybe touch on the fact he holds something powerful in himself (Chaos obv n Protomateria ambiguity). Also maybe some Deepground clues...

3:20:30

I refuse to believe FF7 was ever that cringe.

A little more backstory is okay I suppose...

"I guess i have no choice... its time.. to save the world.."
    Im not 12 anymore, lines like this irk me.
    Last edited by Rowan; 06-18-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vincent and Lucrecia do hold a VERY important key to the storyline which does make the original FF7 story kinda awkward if you think about it. If you put people who had a relationship with the villain as an optional part of the story, then it doesn't make as much sense and leaves a big hole in the storyline that wasn't explained properly which had to be written as a sequel to explained what happened.
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    Vincent and Lucrecia do hold a VERY important key to the storyline which does make the original FF7 story kinda awkward if you think about it. If you put people who had a relationship with the villain as an optional part of the story, then it doesn't make as much sense and leaves a big hole in the storyline that wasn't explained properly which had to be written as a sequel to explained what happened.
    I'll only ever conceded that it fleshes out the story. The story can be told without Vincent and lucrecia, Sephiroths parents are irrelevant to how the story unfolds. jenova was his plot device.

Bananarama Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed, First Coming to PS4 Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How about they just leave it be, and pretend that the game never had any sequels or prequels? I would prefer not to be spoonfed every little detail of plot, and would like to see everything kind of remain the same, just shiny and new. I don't want characters inserted in the original's story just to make sense of a scene that happened in a sequel or prequel that came out 10 years after the original.

And if you do that, just remake the entire collection as one continuous game, but leave the option to have just the remake of the original as well.

I don't see the other games as canon
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I'll only ever conceded that it fleshes out the story. The story can be told without Vincent and lucrecia, Sephiroths parents are irrelevant to how the story unfolds. jenova was his plot device.
    Its likely itll be added on as extra content to Vincent's sidequests in acquiring Death Penalty each time u visit Lucrecia in the ????/crystal cave.

3:20:30

I refuse to believe FF7 was ever that cringe.

A little more backstory is okay I suppose...

"I guess i have no choice... its time.. to save the world.."
    Im not 12 anymore, lines like this irk me.
    That was pure Captain Planet cheese n naturally I wiped it from my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    How about they just leave it be, and pretend that the game never had any sequels or prequels? I would prefer not to be spoonfed every little detail of plot, and would like to see everything kind of remain the same, just shiny and new. I don't want characters inserted in the original's story just to make sense of a scene that happened in a sequel or prequel that came out 10 years after the original.

And if you do that, just remake the entire collection as one continuous game, but leave the option to have just the remake of the original as well.

I don't see the other games as canon
    I also wish for the same but the creators have already stated that it will not be just a simple remake (updated "shiny n new" graphics) as they think it still could not surpass the original n that your better off playing the original PS4 port. Andromeda made another thread on it. At this point where just speculating on what will or will not be included in the remake.

Blog Entries
    Andro, do you think it may be remotely possible that FFVII gets an Nintendo NX release if the console is powerful enough to support the Luminous Engine (or w/e engine is being used for the remake)? We already know it's a timed exclusive to the PS4, so it's going to be a few years before it gets ported to other consoles (if Square decides to port it over to XB1 and PC). I can really see nintendo benefiting from a port if the possibility is there. In fact, it would benefit both nintendo and square, square gets a bunch of sales from their franchise, plus it could really help sell Nintendo's NX systems.

I can see V and VI being NX releases as far as remakes go, but this is just me being hopeful for nintendo's future. EDIT: Oh and the other part is that I really want to see FFVII hit nintendo proper.
    Currently Playing: