Thread: Final Fantasy VII PC Released!

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar

News Post Final Fantasy VII PC Released!

Final Fantasy VII PC is available for download NOW -Destructoid

Now I can play the game without having to patch it like crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

#LOCKE4GOD Final Fantasy VII PC Released! Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just tried downloading it, got told it's not available here, and to refer to the Terms of Use to see which countries it is available for.

...which I did:

The Store is intended for use by consumers resident in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Australia and New Zealand ("Serviced Countries").
    Confused.

The Mad God Final Fantasy VII PC Released! Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I've got the Eidos Platinum edition on PC, bought it on eBay ages ago XD
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

I remember buying this in 5th grade at eb games for $15 lolol

Unmghh #nostalgiaaaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hey

Worst downloader ever. First I try to register, 24hrs later no verification email. Second try I do it without registering and it doesn't send me an email providing the serial number so I can't even play. Seems as though SE is hiring the same shitty programmers who built 13-2 to do their online store. ****!

Checked their forums, this is a common issue. How would they not have simple shit like this already sorted out? Sticking to Steam and Blizzard from now on, they don't have monkey's doing their programming.

*update findmyorder.com sourced the serial for me, now it's telling me I have a faulty internet connection -_-
    Last edited by OnOneRyder; 08-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    I was about to buy it, then backed out. Sort of glad I did. Supposedly you only have 30 days to download the game, and can't do it again afterwards. If I can't save the installer for later use, it'd be a huge ass issue. Gonna wait for the Steam version that will never come in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

Louhike
    Quote Originally Posted by OnOneRyder View Post
    Worst downloader ever. First I try to register, 24hrs later no verification email. Second try I do it without registering and it doesn't send me an email providing the serial number so I can't even play. Seems as though SE is hiring the same shitty programmers who built 13-2 to do their online store. ****!

Checked their forums, this is a common issue. How would they not have simple shit like this already sorted out? Sticking to Steam and Blizzard from now on, they don't have monkey's doing their programming.

*update findmyorder.com sourced the serial for me, now it's telling me I have a faulty internet connection -_-
    Yeah, you must launch it several time.
    Be sure to have close any p2p client, as torrent clients, because it seems it needs a lot of upload in a short of time otherwise it will consider your connection as faulty.
    The registration was really annoying, I can only confirm that.

I didn't know for the download time of 1 month, it really s*cks. It will be my only purchase on their store.
    Ubisoft has done the same thing with Uplay. I don't know how they're expecting to compete with Steam. IMO the only decent competitor will be the store of Windows 8 (I'm on the Consumer Preview right now) if some serious developper put their games on it. One platform for each editor can't work.

To return on FF7, I'm at least happy there's some support on it. There has been several patch already and the support team is quite responsive (at least on the french website).

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Final Fantasy VII PC Released! ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Seems I am the only person who didn't have problems downloading it :/

I like this version. Granted the only thing they have done is brighten up the characters, menus and dialog boxes, but they look really nice. The backgrounds, however, look like utter shit and I am playing it on highest quality.

Louhike
    Yeah, it's such a shame for the backgrounds. I suppose the artists worked on this resolution and they don't have the possibility to improve it apart from redrawing everything.

The game seems much faster for me too. Am I the only one to experience that?
    I don't really consider it as a bug as the game is a little more pleasant to play like that.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Final Fantasy VII PC Released! ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Louhike View Post
    Yeah, it's such a shame for the backgrounds. I suppose the artists worked on this resolution and they don't have the possibility to improve it apart from redrawing everything.

The game seems much faster for me too. Am I the only one to experience that?
    I don't really consider it as a bug as the game is a little more pleasant to play like that.
    Mine is fast too, not a bad thing. For me, it has run very smoothly so far with no bugs or problems.

I think they have taken a very lazy approach with the backgrounds though, that is probably what their mindset was. I'm hoping for a patch, but I doubt we would get one.

Still can't get on using the codes provided to me, by far my worst experience with online games. Their support page is not even working so I can't get help. This is shit I'd expect 10 years ago, but not now.

Don't bother buying this game, wait till they get their shit sorted if ever.

the night man cometh Final Fantasy VII PC Released! Joxsjua's Avatar
    Going to be released on Steam in a few months.

Chocobo Queen Final Fantasy VII PC Released! Katpuss's Avatar
    Personally I have VII via other portable means so I really wouldn't get the PC version.
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

Pc version woooo

Got the pc re release today, not much difference maybe better resolution

But the Quimm mods are the best thing to happen to ff7
    They are working on a voice over patch, though its gonna be a while
    Last edited by Future Angel; 09-15-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    hey