Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Help Thread

Re: Final Fantasy VII Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    It's sort of a weird trade off that the weapons and accessories have in the game: Better AP build but less materia slots...
    fmmlllll ;_; of course, because that would make it too easy

Thank youuuuu <3

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

I'm just going to put this out there.
    Easy lvl, and easy Great Gospel.

On disk 1 right before you get to junion for the first time, there are some forrests where you can get yuffie. There are little leaf things that ttack in groups of 5. give someone fire-all. These things also give you a comparativly good amount of AP. after bout 2-3 hours of grinding Everone should have all of their limit breaks, you should have lvl 2 magic spells, and everyone should be around lvl 30-40.

Just kind of there. Final Fantasy VII Help Thread Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd never thought of that. THANKS!
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Archaic

Re: Final Fantasy VII Help Thread-Magic

How do I get to the Magic Pots in The Northern Crater?

Ex-SOLDIER Final Fantasy VII Help Thread Cloud Strife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    How do I get to the Magic Pots in The Northern Crater?
    You mean their location?

When at the first fork when traveling through the Northern Cave (where the party splits up), take the path on the left of your screen. Then at the second fork, take the upper path. They will be in the swamp looking area.

If you mean how to kill... easy enough. Give them Elixirs, then beat the living daylights out of them. They're worth 8,000 EXP, and 1,000 AP per Magic Pot.

Go for the Movers, though, if you want to AP grind. Worth 7,400 AP (if I recall... might be 7,200) each fight, downside is... no experience. They're in the same area as the Magic Pots.

Archaic

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Go for the Movers, though, if you want to AP grind. Worth 7,400 AP (if I recall... might be 7,200) each fight, downside is... no experience. They're in the same area as the Magic Pots.

Movers?

If you're talking about the Tonberry's than you can forget it....I ain't fighting none of them. They aren't worth it.
    Last edited by Archaic; 06-19-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Registered User Final Fantasy VII Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    Movers?
    Movers are the enemies that look like jumping orange balls. They have low HP and give out really high AP when you defeat them (800), so they're really good to grind on when you wanna level up some materia. They're sort of rare though, even in the one room that they show up (which is in the swamp-looking room in the Northern Crater).
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Registered User Final Fantasy VII Help Thread chocobo147kupo's Avatar

I need help to beat the half naked sephiroth.. Ive beaten him before but cant anymore.

Passing fair judgement Final Fantasy VII Help Thread Judge Magistrate's Avatar

What's your level, you may need to grind on the local beasts before you try him again?
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Registered User Final Fantasy VII Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo147kupo View Post
    I need help to beat the half naked sephiroth.. Ive beaten him before but cant anymore.
    It would help me out if you could say what equipment, materia, and levels you have for your characters, but here's a basic run-down to beat Safer-Sephiroth (I assume that's the boss fight that you're on).

Characters should be at least above level 50, and have their level 4 limit breaks learned. Characters should also have healing materia and plenty of MegaElixers for when he does the Heartless Angel attack. If you have Knights of the Round materia, it can deal out a lot of damage and make the battle go by much faster. Also, equipping the Ribbons accessory are an excellent way to avoid all the nasty status attacks that Sephiroth can dish out.

Anyway, Safer-Sephiroth attacks in a fairly consistent pattern, and it goes like this:

1. Wall or DeSpell - If he does Wall, cast DeBarrier to take it away.

2. Deen (if DeSpell was cast on his previous turn) or Shadow Flare (if Wall was cast on his previous turn) - These attacks can cause some nasty status ailments. Make sure to have Esuna or items that can heal your party.

3. Unnamed physical attack

4. Safer∙Sephiroth flies up into the air - You need characters that can hit at a long range, or equip Long Range materia assuming that you have it. Magic attacks also work well (other than Earth and Gravity attacks), and if you have Knights of the Round, use it.

5. Pale Horse - causes Sadness, Poison, and Frog if your characters aren't immune from those attacks. Heal accordingly

6. Super Nova - After this attack is done, heal immediately, possibly with a MegaElixer if you have some. This attack also charges your limit break gauges fast, so you can use your Limit Breaks when you need to.

7. Break (if Safer∙Sephiroth's HP > 25%) or Heartless Angel (if Safer∙Sephiroth's HP < 25%)- Heartless Angel will reduce all character's HP to 1, so use MegaElixers or other healing items to get your HP back up. He will only start using Hearless Angel when his HP is getting low, so when you see it happening, you know he's almost defeated.

8. Safer∙Sephiroth drops back down, and starts the pattern again from 1.

Since you know the attack pattern now, you can adjust your fight accordingly. Keep attacking with all you have, when you don't need to heal that is. And GOOD LUCK~! Hope that was of some help to you.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Sargeant Tastycakes Final Fantasy VII Help Thread dustinpro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    It would help me out if you could say what equipment, materia, and levels you have for your characters, but here's a basic run-down to beat Safer-Sephiroth (I assume that's the boss fight that you're on).

Characters should be at least above level 50, and have their level 4 limit breaks learned. Characters should also have healing materia and plenty of MegaElixers for when he does the Heartless Angel attack. If you have Knights of the Round materia, it can deal out a lot of damage and make the battle go by much faster. Also, equipping the Ribbons accessory are an excellent way to avoid all the status attacks that Sephiroth can dish out.

Anyway, Safer-Sephiroth attacks in a fairly consistent pattern, and it goes like this:

1. Wall or DeSpell - If he does Wall, cast DeBarrier to take it away.

2. Deen (if DeSpell was cast on his previous turn) or Shadow Flare (if Wall was cast on his previous turn) - These attacks can cause some status ailments. Make sure to have Esuna or items that can heal your party.

3. Unnamed physical attack

4. Safer∙Sephiroth flies up into the air - You need characters that can hit at a long range, or equip Long Range materia assuming that you have it. Magic attacks also work well (other than Earth and Gravity attacks), and if you have Knights of the Round, use it.

5. Pale Horse - causes Sadness, Poison, and Frog if your characters aren't immune from those attacks. Heal accordingly

6. Super Nova - After this attack is done, heal immediately, possibly with a MegaElixer if you have some. This attack also charges your limit break gauges fast, so you can use your Limit Breaks when you need to.

7. Break (if Safer∙Sephiroth's HP > 25%) or Heartless Angel (if Safer∙Sephiroth's HP < 25%)- Heartless Angel will reduce all character's HP to 1, so use MegaElixers or other healing items to get your HP back up. He will only start using Hearless Angel when his HP is getting low, so when you see it happening, you know he's almost defeated.

8. Safer∙Sephiroth drops back down, and starts the pattern again from 1.

Since you know the attack pattern now, you can adjust your fight accordingly. Keep attacking with all you have, when you don't need to heal that is. And GOOD LUCK~! Hope that was of some help to you.
    ...wow.That's a lotta info.
    I just used Omnislash/Ungarmax/Highwind/KOTR.
    ...and took a bathroom break during Super Nova...

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy VII Help Thread SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi people, need pointers on what would be the right materia for yuffie when climbing the pagoda? I've done this side quest once but it's been a long while back.
    Currently Playing:

Can't recall it being that hard, just equip her with any HP plus so shes not too weak, also slap on enemy skill materia as the guy at the top casts trine, which is a strong spell for those early levels and if i recall only a few opportunities to learn it on disc 1. Him and the matertia keeper boss you would have passed through the cave on the way to rocket town cast it.

Start your battles with casting big guard (hoping you have learned the enemy skill at this point) and then your most powerful spells to knock them out fast, its not too hard to conquer the tower, just save before hand and test the waters if you're unsure, level accordingly if you need to make her stronger, the mobs outside wutai are great for grinding xp, just make sure to have any lightining absorb armor/trinkets as those birds that cast bolt 2 can surprise you with a wipe if you get too cocky

Ex-SOLDIER Final Fantasy VII Help Thread Cloud Strife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    Hi people, need pointers on what would be the right materia for yuffie when climbing the pagoda? I've done this side quest once but it's been a long while back.
    Restore with no All attached to it for starters. Don't unnecessarily waste materia slots, and seeing as Yuffie is alone, no All's are needed. Make sure Restore is at least Level 3, so you have Regen. Make sure she also has Time (level doesn't matter). If you cast Regen while Haste is in effect, the healing process moves faster. Only downfall is it doesn't last as long either, so you'll need to keep putting it back on.

HP Plus' are good, if you have room to spare.

Other than that, just load up the best materia you have onto her. There is no real trick to it, to be honest with you. Level and AP grind beforehand so she is at least... level 25 to 30 I think. Been a while since I did it so I'm not 100% on the appropriate level you should be at that stage.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot... equip Poison and use it on Godo. Bio 2 at the least. It works on him, and massively helpful. Plus, there's a glitch somewhere that MAY cause it to hit two or three times per turn, doing about 350 / 400 damage each time it hits (totalling to about 800 or 1200 if the glitch takes effect).

Mercenary (ex-member of SOLDIER) Final Fantasy VII Help Thread Cloud Omnislash's Avatar
    I've kind a lol question... I can't find the last limit for Aerith, someone can help me plz ?

Thanks btw!

So it looks as if I cannot re-download the copy of FF7 I purchased direct from SE's website. Past the 30 day window after first purchasing the game, you are required to either have "extended service" through the terrible download provider SE chose to use or simply buy it again.

Thanks for completing douching it up SE.

Final Fantasy VII Help Thread Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Omnislash View Post
    I've kind a lol question... I can't find the last limit for Aerith, someone can help me plz ?

Thanks btw!
    Ok, this is gonna be long and detailed so you might wanna read through this as your trying to get her limit break.

1st- You have to at least be around the Temple of Ancients part if not your wasting your time here. To even get to the ToA, you need the Tiny Bronco, of which you don't come across obtaining until a good some toward the end of disc 1. This also triggers the treasure hunter (collector of antiques as he says in the game) having Aeris' final limit break up for grabs. You can go to his house earlier than now but he won't have her limit break until at the ToA.

2nd- You'll have to obtain the key item Mythril. The person you need to get this from is in a cave just outside the mythril cave of Junon's area, nicknamed the sleeping old man. He is the ONLY npc in the game with this item. He records on how many battles you've won and how many you've fled from. From how many battles he tells you've fought, get your one' digit (one through 9) and tens digit the same number. For example, 66, 199, 33 like these. Go back to the sleeping old man once you've done that (no extra battles or accidental encounters in between that number you've chosen) and he SHOULD give you the mythril. I say SHOULD because sometimes, he'll give you a Bolt Ring. Just make sure you save before doing this part because you could accidentally make it impossible for that save file to get Aeris' Final Limit Break cause like I said earlier, he is the ONLY person in the game that has it.

3rd- Go back to the treasure hunter (an isle a lil south of Gold Saucer) and he'll trade you Aeris' Final Limit Break, Great Gospel for the piece of Mythril
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

You also need to play the heck out of Aeris and make her get killing blows! I finally did it a few months ago, was so worth it that Limit ROCKS1
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10