Thread: Final Fantasy VII Gameplay Trailer Released

The Quiet One Final Fantasy VII Gameplay Trailer Released Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Final Fantasy VII Gameplay Trailer Released

Square Enix attended the Sony Playstation Experience event and brought along some Final Fantasy VII for the fans. Showing their work on the remake for Final Fantasy VII. The trailer focuses on the first few hours of the game in Midgar showing off the new combat system as well as many of the well known characters. It replays many of the scenes fans know from the game including much of the same dialogue.

Attached Images Attached Images Final Fantasy VII Gameplay Trailer Released-ffviilogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Mad God Final Fantasy VII Gameplay Trailer Released Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I didn't see a character list of any kind... I'm REALLY hoping they don't do something egregiously stupid, like making this ANOTHER ****ing single character control with AI support system.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    From what it looked like you were control Cloud or Barret. There are times in the game you don't have Cloud, so I going to guess that they are all going to be playable.

Edit: Looking closer at the combat segment. You can see when the camera goes to Barret that the UI reflects that Barret is who you're controlling and Cloud is going off AI probably. So there is definitely more than Cloud as playable.

Also, if you look in the UI, there is a meter that increases as they go through combat and eventually turns red. It may be some sort of cooldown you have to take between combos. They may be trying for a more hybrid approach to combat where it is part action RPG and part ATB combat.
    Last edited by Andromeda; 12-05-2015 at 04:48 PM.

The Mad God Final Fantasy VII Gameplay Trailer Released Heartless Angel's Avatar
    They've been sort of trying that for a while. It's just that the balance has been bad. If they just want it to LOOk more realistic than standing in a line taking turns, I'd go for something along the lines of AI controlled autocombat with fairly low damaging attacks, with ATB/turn based commands accounting for most of the damage.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    That's pretty much how MMO combat works. So it is something that is doable. Though I think for single player games, they tend want to put all of the control into the players hand, including when they make any sort of attack.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Final Fantasy VII Gameplay Trailer Released Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I'm really hyped and excited for this game to be released. I don't care that its in multiple parts, I just want to see the old squad kicking some serious ass in glorious HD! Finally, now all I need is to see how summons work and how they will look...gawd they better make me have an eyegasm...XD

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Blog Entries
    Have you seen the Ramuh summon in FFXV? I'm expecting it be like that in terms of scale and over-the-top epicness. FFXV showed we could have classic PSone era summons back in the modern age.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Final Fantasy VII Gameplay Trailer Released Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I'm looking forward to summoning Bahamut(in its multiple forms) just to see him completely annihilate the field in glorious HD...XD I can't wait, just need to get a PS4 before the end of next year.

And yeah, I did see Ramuh in FFXV, and its making me curious to see how the others will look in that game too.

Overall, I just can't wait to fully play both games whenever they hit the store. And if there are any pre-order specials / DLC bonuses, then hell yeah I'm gonna get on dat shiit!

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/