Thread: Final fantasy 7 ps1 game

AshleyDominique

Final fantasy 7 ps1 game

I have the original final fantasy 7 ps1 game sitting at my house and am
    wondering how much i can sell it for. It is in mint condition with little to no
    scratches on the game. Just a small little crack in the front of the CD case.
    Please tell me XD trying to get some cash and not get ripped off at same time.

How much does Final fantasy 7 ps1 game go for?

The Quiet One Final fantasy 7 ps1 game Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A used copy will probably go for less than a new. It'll also depend on if it is a greatest hits or not. If you're looking at collectors or just a picky person, they'll pay more for a non-greatest hits because it was part of the original release of the game rather than re-released, plus the greatest hits label is a bit of an eye sore. Though that said the price on FFVII seems to change a lot. PSone games are getting harder to find new so that probably helps you, but FFVII was popular and sold a lot so there's a lot of copies out there. With the whole Advent Children release I think it bumped up the price to like $60-70 on FFVII. Though I'd suspect that with the PSN release of FFVII the price is lower now. But being a PSone disc game its value is probably still go for like $40-50. Though why it'd be so high I don't know.

I'd check ebay and Amazon to see what the average is. Though the thing is the price will depend on the person. If you tried to sell it to me I'd probably go no higher than like $10 because I know I can easily find tons of copies of the game. But for some reason people are willing to pay $50 for the game these days. So you have to find the right person. You can probably get a lot for it selling to the right person. Though you'd do better with some rarer games to find, since they'll have less variability in price range and buyers will be more willing to accept.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Death Before Dishonor Final fantasy 7 ps1 game Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FF VII is one of the rare games that can be sold for large amounts of cash. The crack in your case could knock off $20 or so. It also depends on whether it is the greatest hits or the original. With all the fanbase around this game this price has skyrocketed, the original is worth a reported $400 greatest hits is $60-$70. You could probably check out one of your local game boutiques such as gamestop they could give you a good amount. But tyhe best place to sell is definately eBay you could make a lot from superfans who must have it..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

A Plain Old Derp Final fantasy 7 ps1 game Padraic's Avatar
    My brother told me when he went looking for Dirge of Cerebus that the clerk thought he was talking about VII and told him that it was over $150(CDN)... and that was at a store... you could probably sell it for more on eBay, like everyone else was saying

Lord Deity of Harmony Final fantasy 7 ps1 game Elyon Seraphim's Avatar
    Actaully, I would keep the game...

But as for me... Im a game collector.

You might not want to keep it.

But my life is RPG's! I'll keep them whatever how boring i might think of them.

Non-Rpgs are shit.

Anyways...

Yep... Like they said above me... You could sell it for quite the penny.
    My Reaction of People That Points The Obvious

This is my Daily Day in 2Fort
    My TFF Family:
    Still working on rewamping this, Just give a shout if you wanna join!

The crack in the case is no big deal and is easily remadied. All you have to do is get a CD case and swap out the damaged facing or you can find another PS1 game with multi CDs incorperated into them and swap out the damaged goods. This defect could bring down the price a little but I highly doubt it seeing most people want the game and not the case.

Also if you are concerned about the scratches in the game itself then take it to a used game store and see if they can buff the discs for you. Most of the time when I have done this it is little to no charge and can make a huge difference in the playability of the game.

As for price I would take Andros advice and average it out using some other sources such as Ebay and Amazon. You could also check out used game stores to see what the selling price of that title is in your area of the world. Sometimes if the timing is right and they don't already have a copy of the game in stock you can hagle with them if you are not wanting to take the tiem to deal with an auction style site.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke View Post
    FF VII is one of the rare games that can be sold for large amounts of cash. The crack in your case could knock off $20 or so. It also depends on whether it is the greatest hits or the original. With all the fanbase around this game this price has skyrocketed, the original is worth a reported $400 greatest hits is $60-$70. You could probably check out one of your local game boutiques such as gamestop they could give you a good amount. But tyhe best place to sell is definately eBay you could make a lot from superfans who must have it..
    @Kisuke
    You do realize gamestop does not buy anymore PS1 games or old school related to consoles etc. on the ps1, sega genesis, nintendo 64 etc. generation. I doubt they'll buy the ps1 game. Maybe the employees themselves could buy it from you but not through store purchase.

@Ashley
    Go with eBay as Kisuke mentioned. I am purchasing an FF7 as we speak. Right now my I am the last bidder at $64.

Lady Succubus Final fantasy 7 ps1 game Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do not trade in anything at Gamestop whatsoever. It's a gyp. They do have "deals" or "specials" for an extra 10-20% sometimes, but it's not worth it, and it's only trade-in credit anyway. So you get no actual cash.

When it's actual cash, you're lucky if you get 10$ for a game you bought five minutes ago at full price. I remember trading in some games toward Tekken 6, and the most I got was 10$. (In-store credit mind you, and after the extra 20% bonus thing.)
    Last edited by Victoria; 11-17-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Correction. The game is $17.32 cashback but in edge card you get $21 something cents. That's tekken 6.

But anyway gamestop is a last resort for selling games. Try asking on of your friends who likes FF7.

Death Before Dishonor Final fantasy 7 ps1 game Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunglasses View Post
    @Kisuke
    You do realize gamestop does not buy anymore PS1 games or old school related to consoles etc. on the ps1, sega genesis, nintendo 64 etc. generation. I doubt they'll buy the ps1 game. Maybe the employees themselves could buy it from you but not through store purchase.
    Well I have to disagree seeing as how I use to work at Gamestop, people would quiet often bring in older games from older game systems and we had to take them. In fact that is where I sold my FF VIII, and FF IX four days ago...

eBay is the best choice to sell something like this that way you dont have to worry about getting gyped, gamestop and many other game stores often do this. When you trade in a game they give you a fourth of what they sell it for and sometimes even less. I remember one time when I was working some guy brought in FF X, FF XII, and the Madden games 2002-2009, he also brought Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken Tag, and Tekken 5. We gave this guy $21 and then we went and priced and the total price at which we were selling all of these was over $175 so he got gyped. With eBay you usually dont have to worry about being gyped..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Lady Succubus Final fantasy 7 ps1 game Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunglasses View Post
    Correction. The game is $17.32 cashback but in edge card you get $21 something cents. That's tekken 6.

But anyway gamestop is a last resort for selling games. Try asking on of your friends who likes FF7.
    Correction. Trading in King of Fighters XII towards Tekken 6. Not trading in Tekken 6. And even then, it's still a rip off, considering full price is 60$.

See what I mean? Even if it is more than 10$, it's still not that much, considering it was a full price game not even unopened when turned back in.

And Kisuke, he's right. Gamestop/EB Games as of now, does no longer accept older generation games. Only PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/GBA and onwards. Cause like you said, "when you used to work there". ...How many years ago was that, Kisuke? Take that into account before you say he's wrong.

I meant for cash on a newly released game. I got mine in cash back for $17. He asked me if I wanted it on Edge card or cash back and I took the cash back which is a lesser amount.

Well dude just go do eBay, you could get more worth there.

Re: Final fantasy 7 ps1 game

I hope this is not your only copy because if it is wht the hell would you want to sell it? If it is your only copy pleas consider carefully what you are doing before selling it.