Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FFVII Remake

Boxer of the Galaxy FFVII Remake Rowan's Avatar

Re: Ffvii remake

I would be more than happy of they male a final fantasy that surpassed 7. Based on the last years of their developments in the series, it looks doubtful. The series has declined steadily.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    If it's not broke why try fixing it? Also, the original team that created FFVII is no more. Remaking it now is like asking someone else to re-write Tolkien's books. All you're going to do is screw it up.
    There is a difference between fixing and enhancing. I mean, they will do minor things like bugs, spelling errors, and tweaks. Nothing to deter from the overall experience of the game though.
    Its like asking if you wanted to watch an older film in 1080p with less film grain and enhanced or possibly redone audio with the same voice actors. Of course you are going to take the enhancement.

I also disagree. Just because the original team isn't there doesn't mean they are going to screw it up.
    Look at 343 Industries and what they did with Halo CE:A.
    Its a beautiful remaster; Graphical enhancements, completely rerecorded soundtrack, and enhanced audio. While adding terminals, new cutscenes (that help mold it better with Reach), new skulls to find. Again nothing to deter from the original experience, but giving a whole new side of the game to explore. All that while leaving the original experience there, NONE of them even the ex Bungie exployee's were around in the Halo CE era. Joining from Halo 2 on.
    AND it didn't even cost as much as a regular game.

What I want is for them to simply make sure that all their games play on new systems. That's it. Don't change them. Don't add stuff. Just make it work with whatever new system comes out. That and if you already own the game on another system, just charge me $5 for an "upgrade" or something. Don't charge my ass $30 to play a game I already own. Do that and I will be happy.
    I agree and disagree.
    While I would be content with just having the game being available on any new system, why not have better. Just because I can watch a DVD on my blu ray player doesn't mean I don't want a blu ray which has many considerable advantages.

I really am sorry I'm taking forever to write back. Work is.... well hectic with the holidays.

Magically Delicous FFVII Remake Merlin's Avatar

This is a company that is notorious for tinkering with remakes, making them buggy as hell, run slow as dirt, have added non-cannon content, and/or a revamped battle system that is an abomination of what it originally was. This is also a company that put out games like FFXIV and FFXIII-2. The thought of them remaking FFVII is pretty much an instant turn-off for me, but that's my opinion. People are free to buy the game when it comes out and I won't think any less of them.

As for your example, I'll continue enjoying my DVD collection that isn't butchered by cheap upconversions. Though I am keeping an eye out for the Star Trek TNG remake. They are actually using the original recordings to do it and aren't replacing the special effects with CGI. They're using real models just like how it was originally recorded. Now if you go to that much work to remake something I'll happily pay for it. If not, I keep my money thanks. ^_^

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    This is a company that is notorious for tinkering with remakes, making them buggy as hell, run slow as dirt, have added non-cannon content, and/or a revamped battle system that is an abomination of what it originally was. This is also a company that put out games like FFXIV and FFXIII-2. The thought of them remaking FFVII is pretty much an instant turn-off for me, but that's my opinion. People are free to buy the game when it comes out and I won't think any less of them.

As for your example, I'll continue enjoying my DVD collection that isn't butchered by cheap upconversions. Though I am keeping an eye out for the Star Trek TNG remake. They are actually using the original recordings to do it and aren't replacing the special effects with CGI. They're using real models just like how it was originally recorded. Now if you go to that much work to remake something I'll happily pay for it. If not, I keep my money thanks. ^_^
    I thought they had different branches or teams for specific games. Could be wrong though.
    I thought XIII was handled by a different team than Versus XIII and KH. Depending on which branch got it may effect my decision.

As far as upscale goes, it's true that some companies just take the cheap way to make a quick buck. But there are a lot that take the extra step.

I don't see really see that happening with VII though. I mean what is a HD upgrade at 60 FPS really gonna do lol. VII is far too dated to pull something like that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3