Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FFVII Remake

Re: Ffvii remake

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Words from the father of Final Fantasy, Hironobu Sakaguchi... "Final Fantasy IX is closest to my ideal view of what Final Fantasy should be".
    As much respect as I have for the founding "Father Of Final Fantasy", Hironobu Sakaguchi held that same vision for 'Spirits Within'...LOL. IX may be his personal favourite but when he worked on VII alongside the original team back at Squaresoft, not even Sakaguchi could've predicted the reception FFVII would receive and the impossibly, heavy impact VII would have on the FF series, (J)RPG genre, playstation era, videogame industry etc.. Cant name a JRPG in existence (even to this day) with that kind of reach.

Honestly..I feel like Im beating a dead, skeletal horse. If you don't get it now you NEVER will. All you "FFVII is sooo overrated!" fans are both in complete and utter denial n unwaivering ignorance. Its ok to like something thats extremely popular. In this case, its something thats deserves every single, bit of praise it gets for supremely, legitimate reasons.

VII exceeded every goal and helped create new ones for developers around the world although none have even come close to matching its brilliance on all levels.

But seriously who the FK says at a shareholder meeting that they peaked 15 years ago??............................................. ........

If Sakaguchi didn't have a falling out with Sony they could've patched things up and continue working together n making games that exceed FFVII..lol

Go away Xanatos. My thread's reserved for FFVII LOVE if any....

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFVII Remake Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    It's because FF7 is not amazing that I want a remake. It has the potential to be so much better.
    This! Finally someone with exact same view as me as to why Final Fantasy VII should be remade.

Quote Originally Posted by omgawd View Post
    All you "FFVII is sooo overrated!" fans are both in complete and utter denial n unwaivering ignorance.
    I think it's the other way around when you call someone ignorant for having a completely valid reasons to think/claim something's overrated.

Go away Xanatos. My thread's reserved for FFVII LOVE if any....
    Make me =)

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Blog Entries

I mean, how far are you guys willing to go? I guess you aren't true FFVII fans like me. See you on the other side.

Registered Uber FFVII Remake Hobaginator's Avatar

How bout a prequel? I want to play as zach.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Crash Boom Bang FFVII Remake Lily's Avatar

i wonder if you could get yourself hypnotised to forget something you'd like to re live as new again ha

Knowing my luck, id unlearn how to drive or some shit ):

Quote Originally Posted by Hobaginator View Post
    what?

Memento Rhapso FFVII Remake Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You know what Crisis Core is, right?

rofl lily

On to the thread matter, I assume Square is holding an FFVII redux for whenever they start doing not so well, and with the games they're cranking out today, they won't need to bust it out for a good while. I'd love if Square did an HD remake/international re-release/expansion/whatever the hell for I-X. IV already kind of has one, though, but I'm not too partial to chibi-anything.

Not to come across as flaming, but it's mostly fans like you that have driven FFVII to the label of overrated. I love it to death, and it's a really good game. You just have to accept that there are other games out there that are as good if not better than VII. Telling Xanatos to go away because he didn't completely agree with you also takes away from your argument. Close mindedness get's us nowhere in life, mind you.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Mystyrion

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    Telling Xanatos to go away because he didn't completely agree with you also takes away from your argument. Close mindedness get's us nowhere in life, mind you.
    I think she was joking more than anything.

Final Fantasy may not be the best FF. In any aspect, other than its fan base.

But it is the largest, most well known, games in the series. They are like the entry point into the genre, if you play a lot of JRPGs and havent played VII its heresy.
    Its just the way the gaming industry is, you see it with a lot of big titles and specific games within the series.
    Like Ocarina of Time with Zelda. So far the current games have been major improvements graphically and mechanical, but that doesn't stop people from saying it was the best Zelda ever. Even if the story was just a rehash with slight differences from every other Zelda to date.

omgawd doesn't know what an opinion is. That's ok, cause idgaf.

All I got to say is lol. If any body thinks Final Fantasy is this amazing game series in Japan then you are going to be disappointed. I guarantee if you go to Japan and start talking to some RPG Fans about Final Fantasy, they will laugh at you for playing them. Final Fantasy is Mainstream CRAP to Japan.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boxer of the Galaxy FFVII Remake Rowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    All I got to say is lol. If any body thinks Final Fantasy is this amazing game series in Japan then you are going to be disappointed. I guarantee if you go to Japan and start talking to some RPG Fans about Final Fantasy, they will laugh at you for playing them. Final Fantasy is Mainstream CRAP to Japan.
    This is the biggest loaf of shit if I've heard. FF7 has sold over 9.8 million copies worldwide, with 2.3 million being sold in japan within the first 3 days of its release. If final fantasy is so mainstream then why are you on this forum where people come to talk about it? I suppose you are one of those people that whines about how mainstream everything is and brags about what your underground interests are? Thats more annoying in my view.

"There wont be a remake until we can surpass FF7"

This is essentially stating that there will be no remake. This is because nothign can surpass it. They made that very clear when they released XIII and XIII-2.

Certified tech, come at me! FFVII Remake SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know, i'll make a 3D remake and wait for a cease and desist letter to arrive at my doorstep!
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by RhapsoBlarg View Post
    Not to come across as flaming, but it's mostly fans like you that have driven FFVII to the label of overrated. I love it to death, and it's a really good game. You just have to accept that there are other games out there that are as good if not better than VII. Telling Xanatos to go away because he didn't completely agree with you also takes away from your argument. Close mindedness get's us nowhere in life, mind you.
    Bless you child. Please refer to Mysterion's ^ first line. He states the bleeding obvious.

Anyway for those who read this thread n don't know by now of my resolute, steadfast love n passion for the epitome of video game perfection perched on that all high n mighty, elusive pedestal that is FFVII, I am not in favour of a remake.

Do I want a full game version of that tech demo? NO. That's not Final Fantasy VII. If the game was made in that style I definitely wouldn't like it, only because it's not what I know VII to be, it's just something else altogether. It might be a good game, but it would constantly be undermined by the fact that what it's ultimately trying to do is BE Final Fantasy VII. It would have a completely different style and aesthetic and just wouldn't be able to evoke the same emotions the original game did.

Wada is talking sense for once. Iam adamant that people need to stop this clamour for a VII remake. It'd be a travesty.

Just because of the demand these days for amazing graphics and realism, the end product would suck donkey balls; would be nothing like the original and would definitely lack it's spirit and aesthetic. SE would be forced into making an updated version of the game like this, and it would be a different game as a result.

Leave the damn game alone. It's perfect the way it is. What does need to be made is a VII-2 given the amount of set-ups for it in the compilation.

Actually wanting a remake of VII proves that some of us "fans" are completely mesmerized by graphics and superficialities in games and don't realize what made VII so special. A remake threatens to completely spoil that. I send out negative energy vibes to those people to stop hassling SE to do this, because eventually they'd definitely do it because of the amount of coercion from "fans".

I'll add this too: Did any of the compilation games really FEEL like they were part of the same universe as VII? I really don't think so and I think they were all inferior because of it. But I enjoyed them nonetheless, but if a VII remake was made in that style it'd be a BIG. FAT. F**KING. MISTAKE. The only man in a position in giving the green light for the insane project, even said it himself! "If [we] were to release a VII remake right now, the FF franchise would be done with". Words. Of. Wisdom.

The fact that the company CEO in charge of the Final Fantasy franchise, Square Enix Executive, Yoichi Wada, has told the company's own shareholders, that the current team has not made a game thats exceeded the quality of FFVII, word for fkn word, reinforces both objective and subjective views or that lame, pitiful excuse for an explanation "Thats your OPINION!" lmfao that FFVII is well and truly the best.

Keep in mind he stresses also that the TEAM would love to work on a Final Fantasy VII remake, but only once he feels confident in their skills. So there's hope yet.. Meh.

Now everybody chill the fk out and lets relax and join Cloud and co in my favourite place in FFVII (aside from Sephiroth's pants) by Cosmo Candle..

EDIT: I forgot to mention I VERY MUCH WANT FFVII:BEFORE CRISIS REMADE! That was a fkng awesome game for just a mobile. I could only watch it on Nico Nico Douga..I fkng loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    This is the biggest loaf of shit if I've heard. FF7 has sold over 9.8 million copies worldwide, with 2.3 million being sold in japan within the first 3 days of its release. If final fantasy is so mainstream then why are you on this forum where people come to talk about it? I suppose you are one of those people that whines about how mainstream everything is and brags about what your underground interests are? Thats more annoying in my view.

"There wont be a remake until we can surpass FF7"

This is essentially stating that there will be no remake. This is because nothign can surpass it. They made that very clear when they released XIII and XIII-2.
    When I first realized it was your who replied to me I wasn't surprised that you didn't even read half of my post. I said Japan, nowadays. As in, 2010-2012, it's mainstream and a lot of people don't like it. If you don't understand mainstream then I don't know wtf you're talking about. It's the same shit with music these days.

Just because it's mainstream I can't like it? I've liked Final Fantasy since 2000. Your post proves Pete's post on how much of a self centered douche you really are.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

TFF's Token Imp FFVII Remake Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

GENTLEMEN. Let's cool it off a little please?

Here's my two cents. I don't understand this. I never have. I prefer new intellectual properties over unnecessary sequels and over HD remakes. But look, I'm not a hater - I understand that some people do take some games very seriously and want nothing more than to recreate the experiences that they've had in the past, now and with updated visuals and sounds. Good for them, and I'm fine with that. But don't you think that once a game has been released (asides from DLC and expansion packs) that should be the end of that? This is a game that was released 15 years ago now and those that clamour for its' remake weren't around when it came out or were too young to grasp it when it did get put out for sale. It's a game that was developed for the Sony PlayStation and for the PC and well, it should be played on those formats only if you ask me. I'm a bit of a purist in that regard.

Also why is it always VII? I don't mean this to come off as aggressive - I really am curious. When you talk to some people who claim to be solid JRPG or western RPG gamers they almost ALWAYS claim VII to be their favourite and groundbreaking. But in RPG terms it isn't groundbreaking - the first to be released to 4th generation consoles is about all that's original. Give me Chrono Trigger or any of the Mana series any day of the week instead. I stress - I'm not hating on the game but it's not the only RPG out there. And it's had numerous additions. It's been done to death frankly.

P.S. To play CT, which came out in '95 when I was 6, I waited until I heard about it, tried it at a friends, then bought a SNES to play it on. I won't play it on any other medium either, although I know there's an iOS version. I dislike that heavily too.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

Hewerya love...? FFVII Remake seanb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I said Japan, nowadays. As in, 2010-2012, it's mainstream and a lot of people don't like it. If you don't understand mainstream then I don't know wtf you're talking about. It's the same shit with music these days.

so ... if something is renowned and loved around the world, it makes it mainstream? ah

I better stop being into mozart, Shakespeare, hitchcock films, the beatles
    oh and chocolate too, errybody loves that,... gonna start eating dog shit instead now, cos its more underground

thanks for the tip man

Re: Omg its happening

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Shelved Until Original FF7 Has Been Topped - G4tv.com

That link will provide the truth to what is happening on everyone's dreams of a Final Fantasy VII remake. It's not happening until it can be topped.
    "Impressive. Most Impressive."

Magically Delicous FFVII Remake Merlin's Avatar

FFVII's success was the start of their fall from grace. The people in charge put on their money blinders and lost track of what made the Final Fantasy franchise what it was. Until they start producing quality games, stop releasing unfinished products like FFXIV, and stop churning out games with enough plot holes to sink a fleet of ships like the FFXIII series, they will never be able to surpass FFVII.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    FFVII's success was the start of their fall from grace. The people in charge put on their money blinders and lost track of what made the Final Fantasy franchise what it was. Until they start producing quality games, stop releasing unfinished products like FFXIV, and stop churning out games with enough plot holes to sink a fleet of ships like the FFXIII series, they will never be able to surpass FFVII.
    My interest was halted after IX to be honest. I played X, but that was really about it for me. I haven't played any after X. Still, I continue to go back to VII and VIII. I just can't go anymore. I even heard they went to a linear story and game style with the newer one that came out for the next-gen consoles.
    "Impressive. Most Impressive."

Star of the FF Show FFVII Remake Rising Star's Avatar

A Final Fantasy VII Remake will be made when Enix as a Company is in trouble IMO.

Enix have been dangling this Silver Carrot ever since the FF7 Tech demo, you have to think to yourself do they really need to create this project at the current time ? Not really, but at the same time they don't want their fans to abondon all hope of an remake and possibly hurt sales so they give trinkets of hope like this which what it is, also it could be a little demorazling for them, they want they current Final Fantasy XIII etc etc to be better than the past, and I am sure as a company they don't want to live in the past as they want to live and suceed in the present which hasn't been going as well as they hoped, also why would they risk possibly destroying (Or very damaging at least) their most greatest achivement It could turn out to be "Pandora's Box" Once they send that game out to the public there is no going back and they have said before i'm sure that they would completely remake, story, character design etc etc So if it fails It's gonna be bad without a doubt.

In my own personal opinion I would like a remake, I wasn't blown away by FF7, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it sadly, It would be intresting on what Changes they make to the story and stuff but if they chucked out a FFVII HD Remake I wouldn't bother with it, Well that was My 2 Cents on it!

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    GENTLEMEN. Let's cool it off a little please?

Here's my two cents. I don't understand this. I never have. I prefer new intellectual properties over unnecessary sequels and over HD remakes. But look, I'm not a hater - I understand that some people do take some games very seriously and want nothing more than to recreate the experiences that they've had in the past, now and with updated visuals and sounds. Good for them, and I'm fine with that. But don't you think that once a game has been released (asides from DLC and expansion packs) that should be the end of that?
    No, for the simple reason of I don't want to dust off my old playstation just to play the game. That being said PSN has made the game much more available and playable. But still, who wouldn't want their favorite game rereleased with all new graphics, sound, 3D (if your into that kind of thing), voice casting (which could bring a whole new experience to the game), and possibly new content (possibly a directors cut).
    This is a game that was released 15 years ago now and those that clamour for its' remake weren't around when it came out or were too young to grasp it when it did get put out for sale.
    I don't believe that.
    It's a game that was developed for the Sony PlayStation and for the PC and well, it should be played on those formats only if you ask me. I'm a bit of a purist in that regard.
    again, emulators have made this much more available, but final fantasy VII is already limited as it is. Without PSN your only real option is buying a 50 dollar copy and some ancient playstation or cracking it on the PC.

Also why is it always VII? I don't mean this to come off as aggressive - I really am curious. When you talk to some people who claim to be solid JRPG or western RPG gamers they almost ALWAYS claim VII to be their favourite and groundbreaking. But in RPG terms it isn't groundbreaking - the first to be released to 4th generation consoles is about all that's original. Give me Chrono Trigger or any of the Mana series any day of the week instead. I stress - I'm not hating on the game but it's not the only RPG out there. And it's had numerous additions. It's been done to death frankly.
    because it was ground breaking at the time. The cut scenes, 3D modeling, the three discs of content. It was just a whole new experience.

P.S. To play CT, which came out in '95 when I was 6, I waited until I heard about it, tried it at a friends, then bought a SNES to play it on. I won't play it on any other medium either, although I know there's an iOS version. I dislike that heavily too.
    Yeah not a big fan of the iOS version. Lack of physical buttons just kills me.

This made my day. Classic.

About FF VII I don't think SquareEnix believes that it's the best game ever; just that it's done extremely well in sales. They know that the recent games haven't done well in the market recently so they're saying that they're going to touch a idea of a remake for FF VII until a FF title does as well as FF VII in the market or better.

They're worried that the company will burn and crash they create a remake and it does poorly.

They want a game that create media attention, storms and changes the gaming and JRPG world and is a beloved FF title like FF VII was before making a remake towards the classic.

I don't think FF VII personally is overrated. I feel like kids these days hate it unfortunately because it's cool to hate something that's popular. They do the same with FF VI which is tragic because they're both great games. However is FF VII my favorite ? Not really. Is it the best FF game ever created ? Honestly that's up to opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    No, for the simple reason of I don't want to dust off my old playstation just to play the game. That being said PSN has made the game much more available and playable. But still, who wouldn't want their favorite game rereleased with all new graphics, sound, 3D (if your into that kind of thing), voice casting (which could bring a whole new experience to the game), and possibly new content (possibly a directors cut).
    That's your choice, but you're simply buying into a culture that shows no faith in original, new gaming/IPs. I am almost always against updates into HD or whatever, it detracts from the original feel of the game and it's blatant opportunism. This game does not need a re-release. It doesn't need 3D (which is a fad), doesn't need voice casting, better graphics. If it hadn't been made in 1997 and was made now in 2012, I'd say yes - bang on. But it wasn't. Also on the subject of VO, that was available then? You had games in 1995 on Windows that had voice acting. This wasn't a new concept then - clearly they chose not to have it. As far as new content goes was the Compilation series not new content? There has been enough. Even Squeenix in their 'infinite' wisdom have some grasp of that.

I don't believe that.
    Again, believe what you will but simple maths should tell you otherwise. What's the average age of members on this website? Hell in this thread or similar threads alone - or at least the ones wanting it? It'll be 18-22 at a good shout. Now that would mean you're 3-7 when VII was released. Would you have a great grasp of the story and gameplay mechanics at that age? I'm guessing not - I might be wrong. And I'm also factoring in that this is most and not all. There's exceptions, but it's there to be seen if you look at it.

again, emulators have made this much more available, but final fantasy VII is already limited as it is. Without PSN your only real option is buying a 50 dollar copy and some ancient playstation or cracking it on the PC.
    But emulation is also illegal without a legitimate copy of the game so it's hardly a credible option. And should you have a copy of it, why emulate in the first place? It's not like it can't be played on a PS2/3 or any PC. Also, if you can only find it for 50 dollars you're really looking in the wrong places - any game shop with a copy will be under 30, and look at Amazon - it's 35, I just checked.

because it was ground breaking at the time. The cut scenes, 3D modeling, the three discs of content. It was just a whole new experience.
    Most big PC games were multi-disc before VII came out, through sheer size limitations. Cut scenes were commonplace but not as detailed I'll grant you, and 3D was new. But asides from that, nothing really innovative in that. PlayStation was different though, that's true.

Yeah not a big fan of the iOS version. Lack of physical buttons just kills me.
    I'm just really reluctant to even think about buying it - totally unnecessary if you ask me.
    Spoiler:

Mystyrion
    That's your choice, but you're simply buying into a culture that shows no faith in original, new gaming/IPs. I am almost always against updates into HD or whatever, it detracts from the original feel of the game and it's blatant opportunism. This game does not need a re-release.
    I'd say you're going to an extreme here. While yes the over abundance of HD cop outs is steadily rising, some of them were needed. Ocarina of time probably being the biggest. Things that are only a generation old definitely don't need it. But with consoles having limited backwards compatibility right now, we are going to either need updates on the games or keep every single console we buy, or the games will be left in the dust. It's not very likely that we will keep those things and that they will stand the test of time.
    It's just not realistic. All those cords, controllers, consoles. While no the game doesn't necessarily need to be updated, why not make the game a little more enjoyable to those wanting to play it.
    It doesn't need 3D (which is a fad), doesn't need voice casting, better graphics. If it hadn't been made in 1997 and was made now in 2012, I'd say yes - bang on. But it wasn't. Also on the subject of VO, that was available then? You had games in 1995 on Windows that had voice acting. This wasn't a new concept then - clearly they chose not to have it. As far as new content goes was the Compilation series not new content? There has been enough. Even Squeenix in their 'infinite' wisdom have some grasp of that.
    of course it doesn't "need" those things. Those are the tool available to developers right now to enhance their games.
    I dont think comparing PC games to that era is very fair. PCs weren't in every household like they are now. Thats one of the reasons for a console is so that we have a cheaper more effective way to game.

Again, believe what you will but simple maths should tell you otherwise. What's the average age of members on this website? Hell in this thread or similar threads alone - or at least the ones wanting it? It'll be 18-22 at a good shout. Now that would mean you're 3-7 when VII was released. Would you have a great grasp of the story and gameplay mechanics at that age? I'm guessing not - I might be wrong. And I'm also factoring in that this is most and not all. There's exceptions, but it's there to be seen if you look at it.
    Age doesn't matter, nor does if we understood it or not. We are the ones who made VII what it is. We are the older generation of gamers. Anyone much older is much fewer in number that we. You're basically stating that the generation that made VII what it is, are the ones clamoring for the remake. I find the justifiable.

But emulation is also illegal without a legitimate copy of the game so it's hardly a credible option. And should you have a copy of it, why emulate in the first place? It's not like it can't be played on a PS2/3 or any PC. Also, if you can only find it for 50 dollars you're really looking in the wrong places - any game shop with a copy will be under 30, and look at Amazon - it's 35, I just checked.
    if your rounding it would be 40, shipping included. Which is pretty close to the number I pulled out of my ass. I was speaking of emulation because of the PC version being pretty much unavailable unless your willing to dish out some serious dough. Not everyone got a PS2/3. And like I said a lot of people don't hold on to those things, they sell it, it breaks, lose it, etc. As was seen with the PSN version selling millions, I'm willing to bet a lot of them no longer had the game.

Most big PC games were multi-disc before VII came out, through sheer size limitations. Cut scenes were commonplace but not as detailed I'll grant you, and 3D was new. But asides from that, nothing really innovative in that. PlayStation was different though, that's true.
    again I don't think comparing a PC to that era is a fair justification. Most 6-14 years olds didn't have a PC for gaming, nor was it a household item like it is now. The technology may have been there, but it wasn't ever really seen on a console.

I'm just really reluctant to even think about buying it - totally unnecessary if you ask me.
    having it on the go is nice. I just wish someone would design a controller for smartphones.
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 06-28-2012 at 07:15 AM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFVII Remake Xanatos's Avatar

3D graphics was nothing new for consoles back then, not to mention Final Fantasy VII, a game that wasn't even full 3D. Take Nights Into Dreams by Sega, released one year before Final Fantasy VII, looked ten times better. That 3 disc content resulted into same amount of gameplay big shoot RPG's on SNES have. I have to admit, Final Fantasy VII brought JRPG genre to a completely new level as far as western market goes, though that was mostly due to huge campaign no other Final Fantasy game had before and the fact that it was the first RPG experience to many kids. Was it groundbreaking or revolutionary like Final Fantasy IV was with it's ATB system? I'm afraid no.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Mystyrion
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    3D graphics was nothing new for consoles back then, not to mention Final Fantasy VII, a game that wasn't even full 3D. Take Nights Into Dreams by Sega, released one year before Final Fantasy VII, looked ten times better. That 3 disc content resulted into same amount of gameplay big shoot RPG's on SNES have. I have to admit, Final Fantasy VII brought JRPG genre to a completely new level as far as western market goes, though that was mostly due to huge campaign no other Final Fantasy game had before and the fact that it was the first RPG experience to many kids. Was it groundbreaking or revolutionary like Final Fantasy IV was with it's ATB system? I'm afraid no.
    Perhaps I should have worded that better.
    In terms of final fantasy, it was something almost completely new.

Like I said, Final Fantasy VII may have not been the best at any aspect of the game other than its fan base.

But just admit it. It was in the right place at the right time, with the right generation of people. It may have not brought anything new to the table, and may not have even brought that much new to the table as a Final Fantasy game, graphically or mechanically. But it's got to be worth something to have pretty much launched Final Fantasy into what it is today. For better or worse.

Blog Entries

Perhaps I should have worded that better.
    In terms of final fantasy, it was something almost completely new.

Like I said, Final Fantasy VII may have not been the best at any aspect of the game other than its fan base.

But just admit it. It was in the right place at the right time, with the right generation of people. It may have not brought anything new to the table, and may not have even brought that much new to the table as a Final Fantasy game, graphically or mechanically. But it's got to be worth something to have pretty much launched Final Fantasy into what it is today. For better or worse.
    That's not for dispute though, that's pretty much a given. What we're discussing is whether it's relevant now - and there hasn't been a compelling enough argument to say it is.
    Spoiler:

Mystyrion

What we're discussing is whether it's relevant now - and there hasn't been a compelling enough argument to say it is.
    Please elaborate a little for me.

Blog Entries

Please elaborate a little for me.
    No problem, what I mean is it a necessity to produce or simply another cash cow to milk? It was a relevant RPG in 1997, but there's been hundreds of releases since then - does the same exact RPG need to be made now, again, if it were so necessary 15 years ago?
    Spoiler:

Boxer of the Galaxy FFVII Remake Rowan's Avatar

The question should be "why not?"
    Why should a game NOT be made? If you dot want to play it, don't play it.

Blog Entries

The reason being Rowan, is that it's already BEEN made my friend. It's not even a re-imagining. Just a carbon copy.
    Spoiler:

Magically Delicous FFVII Remake Merlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    The question should be "why not?"
    Why should a game NOT be made? If you dot want to play it, don't play it.
    If it's not broke why try fixing it? Also, the original team that created FFVII is no more. Remaking it now is like asking someone else to re-write Tolkien's books. All you're going to do is screw it up.

What I want is for them to simply make sure that all their games play on new systems. That's it. Don't change them. Don't add stuff. Just make it work with whatever new system comes out. That and if you already own the game on another system, just charge me $5 for an "upgrade" or something. Don't charge my ass $30 to play a game I already own. Do that and I will be happy.

If you REALLY want to make me happy, make a MATURE Final Fantasy that doesn't have a plot-hole riddled, teen angst laden, copy+pasted story. The FF fans have all grown up. So should the stories. >_<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast