Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: is FFVII THE BEST?!?

Boxer of the Galaxy is FFVII THE BEST?!? Rowan's Avatar

Re: is FFVII THE BEST?!?

All these people talkin about it not living upto the "hype" obviously didn't play the game when it was first released. These are the kind of people who are used to games with 'better' graphics or more 'realistic' characters. These people are not apart of the generation who experienced the game when it was released as a revolution in rpg gaming, the first 3d final fantasy as well as utilizing what was once beautiful cinematics. Now it's being compared to the shit of today and being disgraced with opinions that are biased from a generational standpoint. A true fan will not only respect it for what it is, but acknowledge it was the most successful game and for obvious reasons. Because people loved it, der! Anyone who claims it's not the best is an idiot, the game clearly has the most fans, made the most money and even 15 years later, is talked about today. If you don't agree, then you're just trying to be different. It's anoyying.

Queen is FFVII THE BEST?!? Crescent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    All these people talkin about it not living upto the "hype" obviously didn't play the game when it was first released. These are the kind of people who are used to games with 'better' graphics or more 'realistic' characters. These people are not apart of the generation who experienced the game when it was released as a revolution in rpg gaming, the first 3d final fantasy as well as utilizing what was once beautiful cinematics. Now it's being compared to the shit of today and being disgraced with opinions that are biased from a generational standpoint. A true fan will not only respect it for what it is, but acknowledge it was the most successful game and for obvious reasons. Because people loved it, der! Anyone who claims it's not the best is an idiot, the game clearly has the most fans, made the most money and even 15 years later, is talked about today. If you don't agree, then you're just trying to be different. It's anoyying.

A. Fking. Men.

x

Registered Uber is FFVII THE BEST?!? Hobaginator's Avatar

I remember when I first looked at that strange 3-layered case that my brother and I got my dad to buy us for 20 bucks and thinking WHAT FRIGGEN GAME NEEDS A CASE THIS THIIIICK?

Popped the game in, and kids, that is when I realized what my pen0r was for... it was for propping up my ps1 controller while I awegasmed at the blocky graphics, confusing storyline, epic battle music, fun-as-fuxx minigames and everything else that made up the greatest thing ever stolen from Japan, even better than drunken karaoke and squidlove!
    Cloud... the original OVERSIZED SWORD weilding badass that appears in everything from japan including white bread labels and political propaganda.
    Cloud... the original GIANT ROBOT SLAYING godkiller of dragons, demons and rabbits.
    YOU GOT MOOGLES.
    YOU GOT TONBERRIES.
    F**K IT, SNOWBOARD, MOTORCYCLE CHASES, CHOCOBO RACES -- what can you do in this game???

WHAT CAN'T YOU DO WITH THIS GAME!????

YOU CAN THROW IT LIKE A FRISBEE, YOU SPIN IT ON YOUR FINGER AND MAKE UFO SOUNDS, IT CLEANS UP SPILLS WITH A SWIPE, AERATES LAWNS, REMOVES STAINS...

Wait... I got carried away... or possibly possessed by the ghost of BILLY MAYS.

Materia, brofish... the materia system was the GREATEST THING that only ever happened once, with janet jackson's super bowl NIPPLE SLIP following in a close second!

Come on... don't get me started on that materia.

The game had a fully-explorable open world, character progression, your actions changed everything and unlocked new areas, abilities, cutscenes and whatever the gat dang hell else I can't even think of right now.

HAVE YOU EVER MET ANYBODY WHO HAS COMPLETELY BEATEN 7? REALLY? HAVE YOU? GOTTEN EVERY MATERIA? EVEN THE ONES YOU GET FROM THAT GEEZER AT COMSO CANYON WHEN YOU COLLECT THEM ALL?

Of course you haven't. Noob. What's wrong with you?

Friggin 7 is the best. If you dissagree, argue against me or quote anything I said in this entire post in any other way than to thumbs up and kudos then, sir or madame, whichever it may be, then thou shast kindly engage in intercourse with thyself in the deepest chambers of hades (who was an awesome summon by the way).

Hi my name is Ricky Bobby, and if you don't think FF7 is the greatest game ever made, then f**k you.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Registered User is FFVII THE BEST?!? + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

No, I don't think it's the best, and I don't care about being "different." I care about being honest, and that's my honest opinion. I don't judge a game by how many or how few fans it has or what its legacy is. Games like Radiata Stories and Evolution have pretty meagar fanbases and they're among my all-time favorites.

FF7 was a very good game that introduced me to modern RPGs. I don't think it's the best RPG ever or the best FF ever, for that matter. And it doesn't have to be. I had a lot of fun with it, and that's what counts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3