Thread: FF7 Steam Release out now

Boxer of the Galaxy FF7 Steam Release out now Rowan's Avatar

FF7 Steam Release out now

FF7 just revealed itself to me on steam, released as of july 4th. here is a description as it appears in steam:

AVALANCHE was secretly formed to wage a rebellion against Shinra Inc., an organisation which is absorbing Mako energy, destroying the natural resources of the planet. Cloud, a former member of Shinra's elite combat force, SOLDIER, was involved with the bombing of the Mako Reactor.

Can Cloud and AVALANCHE protect the planet from the huge, formidable enemy, Shinra Inc.?

The RPG classic FINAL FANTASY VII returns to PC, now with brand new online features!

Achievements – Whether you’re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.'
    Cloud Saves – If you’re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off (Requires Internet Connection. Saves can only be transferred between a maximum of 3 computers at any one time).
    Character Booster – Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.
    Optimized for PC – FINAL FANTASY VII has been updated to support the latest hardware and Windows Operating Systems.

Its $15.99

Im just browsing some achievments and realising that Ive already done them all, so no real incentive for me to purchase this on steam, but im sure it will appeal to others.

#LOCKE4GOD FF7 Steam Release out now Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just trying now to see if I can get it in French... so I can learn something new while the I play the damn thing again. Too much effort required to trick the PSN into thinking I live in Europe.

EDIT: Cannot work it out. Not sure if I need to say I live in France, or set Steam's language to French, or if it is only available in English. Not sure I really want to pay for it again anyway.

EDIT EDIT: Yeah, HeroZero, mother ****in' #YOLO. It's easier to understand things in a target language if you already know what's going on, especially the correct tones that should be attributed to everybody. Getting additional languages is the only way I can justify buying it again. Although I'm sure the English translation left much to be desired, it will be interesting to see how they got on with other languages.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: My little spiders confirm that it supports English, German, Spanish and French just out of the properties tab. Way to go Steam.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-04-2013 at 04:18 AM.

"Tiger Hair" FF7 Steam Release out now HeroZero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Carpe YOLO?
    Ok now I see the incentive to learning it in a different language sine you are likely very familiar with it in the first place.

but YOLO? really did you have to stoop so low?
    "Evil spelled backwards is Live, and we all want to do that now don't we?"

Certified tech, come at me! FF7 Steam Release out now SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What happened to that hi-res remake of FFVIII for PC
    Currently Playing:

Mystyrion
    Cool beans.

I never took the time to buy it through SE's digital store. Now I just may.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FF7 Steam Release out now Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    What happened to that hi-res remake of FFVIII for PC
    It has been announced just recently so I'm assuming it's still in development.

As for FF VII on steam, I may buy this eventually for the sole reason of not having to go through all the trouble installing the old version on new os.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Boxer of the Galaxy FF7 Steam Release out now Rowan's Avatar
    The achievements are really lackluster. Here are a few

-Use (insert character here) first limit break
    -Win a battle
    -Kill ultima weapon

A lot of achiements are actually things one would normally do when progressing through the game naturally. However, there are some achievements such as obtaining a large amount of gil which could see people farming magic pots for master all materia. I would have liked to see them get more creative with achievements, since after so many years, one would assume the target audience for this game may be veterans trying to achieve something new.

#LOCKE4GOD FF7 Steam Release out now Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well my anti-virus put up a good fight but eventually lost. Je vous présent Final Fantasy VII, en français !

FF7 Steam Release out now-suismoi-jpg

Disclaimer, it actually looks better than that. I screenshotted this from YouTube. However it IS just a straight port of the original PC game, which means that it comes with inferior sound. There is a stickied tutorial on the Steam discussion for the game detailing how to change the audio files to those used in the PS1 version. The difference IS noticeable.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-05-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Master every single material is like a lol grind achv.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games