Thread: FF7 Remake; The Ultimate Discussion.

Boxer of the Galaxy FF7 Remake; The Ultimate Discussion. Rowan's Avatar

FF7 Remake; The Ultimate Discussion.

What do you guys n gals think? I personally couldn't care less as long as I get to play the game. I am appreciative and greatful that a remake is even happening. I am not going to act like an entitled little child screaming that he wants toys as his mother walks him down the shopping isle (this is now a large portion of the FF community), so what im asking is,

what are your thoughts and how do you think it will impact the success of the game?

Secondly here we have an interview stating that not all staff were feeling positive about some of the changes being made

Could this be in relation to the battle system? Or perhaps something more striking at the heart of the staff who consider this game their first born.

Lastly, what scenes are you looking forward to seeing most in the remake? For me it will be some of the following;
    1)Red XIII standing up in the sailor suit aboard the shinra ship from junon
    2)Cloud, Barrett and Tifa swinging from the hook to escape the plate destruction
    3)Aeris' death
    4)The snow village and subsequent snowboarding.
    5)The slap off with Tifa and Scarlette
    6)The entire scene with Sephiroth at the northern crater - pre weapons awakening
    7)The crossdressing scene (dem bumblebee babes)
    8)Cosmo Canyon and Red XIII seeing Seto in stone
    9)Sephiroth walking through the flames with that evil stare (I find that scene very iconic)
    10)The date with Aeris/Tifa on the gondala. I always thought this scene had the capacity to convey powerful emotions, yet the limitations of the graphics held it back.

That last one pretty much sums up what I really want to be able to see in the remake. The potential to truly express the feeling of the characters from their interactions with each other. The game had many times where the scenes could have been that much more powerful had they been able to create a more realistic visual representation of what was happening in the scenario.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I feel the same way as you do - I am so happy that they are making this remake, I am ready for everything they change, as long as they mostly stay true to the story.

Recently I read so many articles where people worry how much different the game will be. Many just want everything the same, just advanced graphics. It is fairly obvious even without these updates from Nomura this won't be the case just by looking at the title really - If they planned just better graphics then the game would be announced as a Remaster just like FFX/X-2 was, but they clearly said remake so it is bound to be different.

I just don't get all this negativity, the fans begged Square Enix for years to do this and now that they have, most people just complain and worry. I mean, you will always have the original so its unnecessary to moan if some things will be different - To be honest, I actually think it would look ridiculous seeing Red XIII standing up in the sailor suit now in such HD graphics

I'm looking forward to these the most:

- Cloud on his motorbike escaping, that mini-game could be awesome as well
    - final showdown with Sephiroth when Cloud uses his awesome Limit Break
    - when you go to Shinra and meet Red - when I was first playing the game I was 9 so it was pretty creepy when you followed that blood pattern down the corridors but now I can just imagine how awesome it will be in great graphics.
    - Gold Saucer

and of course the ones you mentioned:

- Aeris' death
    - The slap off with Tifa and Scarlette
    The crossdressing scene (dem bumblebee babes)
    - The date with Aeris/Tifa on the gondola

I do wonder if they will keep that low/high affection towards characters that changes the outcome to the date at Gold Saucer and especially that Highwind scene with Cloud and Tifa - whether they hook up or just talk. If anything, it will be hilarious to see Tifa's reaction afterwards when she paces around and drops to her knees mortified that everyone was watching

I am actually hoping they would clarify their relationship more but I doubt they will - they LOVE keeping it ambiguous and the whole "who does Cloud love?" debate.

Also, I am hoping that they will narrate the story a little better because at times it was a bit confusing for me.
    Maybe make certain parts of the story clearer or rearrange some of the plot developments.

Lastly, I hope that they will make the ending of the game a little longer - I always thought it kind of ended abruptly with that last cutscene. Maybe a little narrative from Cloud would be good.

The Mad God FF7 Remake; The Ultimate Discussion. Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I'm thinking they're about to blow their last chance at a comeback.

The combat system had better be ****ing incredible, or they're going to royally **** themselves with this. Maybe the last 5 times they've tried this, each with worse sales than the last hasn't gotten the point across yet... People liked the original combat system enough for your sales to increase steadily with every release up to 8, the new ones are shit, with sales crashing by MILLIONS for each game since XII. Take the ****ing hint guys, Final Fantasy is not a franchise that was built on action combat. Action combat systems are a dime a dozen, you used to actually be different, unique, interesting. If they try to do another ****ing single character control system with the rest of my party run by ****ing bots again, I'm not even going to buy this.

This game will definitely sell just for having VII in the name, as evidenced by the fact that the last 7 Spinoff on a ****ing handheld nearly outsold the last new console title (Which they should be absolutely ****ing ashamed of). But this is really going to be a deciding factor on whether Final Fantasy is ever going to be a real 'major' competitor in the RPG arena again, and it sounds like they still haven't learned one goddamned thing by this ongoing failed experiment of theirs.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.