Thread: Fan Made FFVII Miniseries (kick-starter)

Mystyrion

Fan Made FFVII Miniseries (kick-starter)

Apparently some fans started a Kickstarter to get this thing rolling. The kick-starter is asking for 400,000k. They claim SE knows about the project and supports it. They have had the trailer on the SE site and acquired music rights.
    IGN Link

EDIT: Updated the OP with links and trailer. Was on my phone when originally posting.
    Last edited by Mystyrion; 07-26-2013 at 07:10 PM.

TFF's Resident Messenger Fan Made FFVII Miniseries (kick-starter) Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I will just put this here.

Final Fantasy VII Web Series Threatened With Legal Action

Honestly, I would be more sympathetic toward the group making this web series if they were making a follow-up to the series. Like a "before this happened" or a "after that happened" kind of thing. But they are wanting to retell the story of the series. Since that is the case, they shouldn't have even started the kickstarter program until after they had the rights to everything. Not just the music.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Queen Fan Made FFVII Miniseries (kick-starter) Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post

Honestly, I would be more sympathetic toward the group making this web series if they were making a follow-up to the series. Like a "before this happened" or a "after that happened" kind of thing. But they are wanting to retell the story of the series. Since that is the case, they shouldn't have even started the kickstarter program until after they had the rights to everything. Not just the music.
    Excellent I hate it when FFVII fans try to pull this shit. As a hardcore fan, I only support/want the things that come straight from the original FFVII team/creators. Well done fanart's fine though. I like the most of the ones from pixiv.net. And stopmotion videos using the authentic FFVII figurines like this one with japanese voiceovers! So awesome. *__*

Certified tech, come at me! Fan Made FFVII Miniseries (kick-starter) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even if they are in legal trouble for doing what they're trying to put together on kickstarter, they are a group of people doing what they enjoy and love. Maybe they can work something out with square on the matter? if not, then they simply will just have to stop and put together something else.
    Currently Playing:

Mystyrion

Re: Fan Made FFVII Miniseries (kick-starter)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post

Yeah was gonna update it, but haven't really had much time. I think they figured if they got enough of a following square would open up to them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It sounds harsh but they really deserved what they got. Everyone knows how crazy Square are about their IPs. And it's not entirely unreasonable. The general public don't tend to appreciate the incredible desire you have to protect your own creations. Even if only good things came of it, as the creator you really do feel like you're losing something by letting other people borrow from it.

They halted the Chrono Resurrection, they would have halted this eventually.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games