Thread: extra stuff in ff7

extra stuff in ff7

hi everyone i have a question for all you ff7 fans out there. i'v played ff7 so many time i'v lot count but every time i do it i do absalutly everything breeding chocobos racing them i do battle arena and finaly i max my characters levels to 99 and master most of my materia. who on here likes doing this and who doesent? i love the game but i find this a little tedious at times. who does and doesent find it a little tedious lol.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! extra stuff in ff7 Tallulah's Avatar

Re: extra stuff in ff7

It's not extra, in fact it's compulsory, but I've always found the Sephiroth flashback in Kalm really boring. Last time I played it I was actually falling asleep, and that won't do!

Breeding Chocobos, whilst rewarding, can be a bore too, when you have to wait for the chocobos to mature or rest before you mate them, and it is so frustrating when you get the wrong colour or the wrong gender. The tip is to save right before each breeding procedure outside the Chocobo Farm, and if you don't get what you need, reset and try again.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Gamer Girl extra stuff in ff7 Sakaea's Avatar

I'm the same way, and sometimes it does get tedious, especially if you want to continue on to VIII or something. But it's still a ton of fun!

Boxer of the Galaxy extra stuff in ff7 Rowan's Avatar

There is another way to get a gold chocobo, and knowing that Ill be getting anyway makes breeding seem really pointless, especially since theres so much involved in it. Although having said this, I usually do everything else.

.............. extra stuff in ff7 smurphy's Avatar

Can anyone claim to have done the battle minigame Fort Condor every time it is available, not just twice? It is probably the only aspect of the whole game I havent completed fully but I only found out about it recently and being the anal b*stard I am its now on my to-do list.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

There is usually a new battle after every major event in the story. So for example, once you cross the ship to costa del sol and do what is needed at gold saucer, you will be able to travel back and do another one. After the events at cosmo canyon, you will be able to travel back and do another etc. I can not be bothered with this since the rewards imo, are not worth the effort. Although there is the best levelling spot in the game at Junon. You press an alarm and fight super strong enemies. You can easily get from level 20 to level 50 before even hitting nibelheim.

Trying to master materia can be tedious. As can the whole chocobo thing. Repeatedly trying to destroy the Emerald Weapon and getitng your ass handed to you five hundred times and still not being able to succeed, that can be rough too.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Queen extra stuff in ff7 Crescent's Avatar

Hey if you guys are huge fans of FFVII like me check out the- The Lifestream - Compilation of Final Fantasy VII News, Articles, and Discussion - Its got a LOAD of up-to-date information on unused scenes in FFVII, English translations of all the Ultimania booklets (since they're all published in japanese), interviews with the creators of FFVII, HEAPS of background information on FFVII characters and the general game itself of course and (personal interest) what was originally going to be put in FFVII including Sephiroth to be Aerith's love interest??!!?!!!!!!!!!!! Bitch back the **** up SEPHIROTH'S MINE!!!...*ahem* so..uh..yeh go uh check it out

I downloaded a fantastic rendition from that site, thank you.
    Hopefully moer people can see the link before its removed by moderators for advertising.

Sargeant Tastycakes extra stuff in ff7 dustinpro's Avatar

If your game for it, you could actually perfect all of your characters' stats by stealin' about 100 billion Source items and using them one at a time.
    In fact, I have never heard of anyone who has done this.

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n extra stuff in ff7 FF Ace Cid's Avatar

Who doesn't like completing a game 100%? I try to every time I play one. I love breeding your on Chocobo's and taking to the races to dominate. I hate how the Gold Chocobo you get from trading the Desert Rose from defeating Ruby Weapon to the old man in Kalm sucks compared to the one you bred and raced to get the KOTR to defeat the Ruby Weapon in the first place. All the Ultimate Weapons and Lvl. 4 Limits are nice too... Which brings me back to my first question, who doesn't like completing a game 100%?
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

I will save the world extra stuff in ff7 Hero without a Name's Avatar

I remember mastering every materia, defeated Sephorith, got all of the chocobos, defeated all of the weapons *possible spoiler alert* I did it all. So much in fact, I actually kept playing and the clock from the game stop ticking. I think I try to do it...but it can be very tedious especially when you do the same thing over and over again. Mainly the races...but still. Final Attack materia ftw!

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

ProdigySlayer

Races are fun and everything but its too much time consuming to breed the gold chocobo... Honestly I know another way too breed it with out actually racing (Thank You Gamefaqs)

I'll find you, no matter what. extra stuff in ff7 FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm currently doing this for all the games (working on SNES on FF6 right now). I've only ever finished that on FF9 but I'm working on the other games I have. I find it tedious but it is sooooooooooooooo worth it when you reach that 100% mark.

Trust Me.

I didn't mind most of the mini games in FFVII, the only one that could be a bit tedious was the Chocobo Breeding and Racing. It's fun at first but after several hours it begins to become more of a chour.