View Poll Results: do you think that ff7 charecters look like girls

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 22.22%
  • no

14 77.78%

Thread: Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls?

i have ears :) Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Full Life's Avatar

Exclamation Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls?

i think cloud looks like a girl (and i thought he was a girl when he was in the dress) i think baret is the only person that does not look like a girl (sorry about the bad spelling)

There is only so much you can do with pixilated blocks but to respond properly to your question, no. I think each gender was portayed to the best of it's ability and in the FMVs it was obvious on genders of each. In battle it was pretty obvious also.

Barret was very male in his pixilated form but there where others like Cid that still porteyed a masculine figure. Vincet is a tough one in that forum but the CGI scenes do a good job of depicting him as a male.

So to put it simply, no.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

If you think a big Black guy and a flaming cat look like chicks then maybe.
    I think it's easy to tell the difference between the males and females. Yeah except for maybe Vincent and Cait Sith (not Human), But for Vincent, I don't think a girl would have that name. The game does look like a blocky comic but I didn't have a problem determining their genders. Plus Cid also looks very male. In battle everyone looks better so there, you can clearly tell the difference.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 11-28-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Yesha's Avatar
    ObviousLy, no.. CLoud doesn't Look Like a girL aLso! He's so manLy.. except if he had Long hair Like Sephiroth.. LoL!

For me.. I Like aLL of the character designs there, and I didn't had a probLem teLLing what their gender is.. :-)

ALso.. take note that.. when CLoud dressed as a girL.. he stiLL had his manLy Look.. his shouLders are different from the ones on Tifa and Aeris.. aLso.. he waLks very differentLy..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Death Before Dishonor Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    only FF character that looked like a chick was Ramza for FFT other than him there was no others

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls?
    Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls?
    Of course I think that a lot of FF7 characters look like girls! Tifa looks like a girl to me, and Aerith looks like a girl as well. I'm on the fence about Yuffie. (lol, jk! I know she's a girl).

I think you meant this as "Do you the a lot of FF7 guys look like girls", in which I would have to respond a big NO. Also, why pick on FF7's characters?!?! There are some other ambiguous characters in the FF franchise. I mean, look at Larsa (FFXII). I like him, but when I first saw him I thought, "Aww, what a cute lil' girl!", and then he spoke and I was like "Whoa, that's not a girl...." He's young though (like 12 I think), so maybe he'll get some masculinity when he reaches puberty or something.

Another character that has an ambiguous character design is Sorceress Adel (FFVIII). This chick looks like a man.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 09-16-2009 at 10:53 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Crash Boom Bang Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Lily's Avatar
    I certainly don't think any of the male characters look like girls, the first person I thought of was Barret and I lol'd... then Cloud in a dress, so I'l give you that one. But on a whole, no, not in the slightest. There's certainly nowt feminine about, Hojo, Heidegger, Cid Palmer, Dyne I could list more, but you get my point...no...I'm just not seeing it at all. Unless you think a dude with long hair looks liek a girl *shrug*

Ive seen far more feminie male characters in other FF's than VII, just look at Kuja, crikey.... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke_Hellsing View Post
    only FF character that looked like a chick was Ramza for FFT other than him there was no others

Couldn't disagree with you more on this one, there have been plenty of FF characters that have had some pretty strong femine characteristics; Zidane, Kuja, Quina (debatable), Edward (FFIV), Seymore Guado (from a distance not the close ups) just to name a few. But as I stated in my previous post I don't feel that VII had that problem if anything Yuffie looks like a little boy.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    There is only so much you can do with pixilated blocks but to respond properly to your question, no..
    Like Meier said there were limits but despite of that the characters are well done and the gender of the characters is pretty much obvious, so no I don't think that any male character in FF VII looks like a girl especially Mr. T ... I mean Barret.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

★Twilight Vanquisher★ Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? MakotoKin's Avatar
    I personally don't think the male character's look like girls. I can understand where people may come to those conclusions, but no. I never personally thought they resembled women in any way. The only time any man came close to being a woman in the game was when Cloud wear's the dress in the slums, haha.

Boredness rules us all Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Midnight Panda's Avatar
    i think they do, but square enix did the best they could to get it right
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Quote Originally Posted by Needwork View Post
    i think they do, but square enix did the best they could to get it right
    So you think all the Males look like females?? including Barret and Cid??? I guess if you mean female body builders. I could be wrong but there was no SquareEnix when FFVII was made for ps one. (squaresoft)
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-16-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? lionsqau's Avatar
    hmmmm, an interesting thoughts.
    i just pretend that aerith is carrying the buster sword

not really an imagination.

Death Before Dishonor Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    some look like girls but other that was mentioned do not look anything like chicks...like ramza from FFT he looked like a chick...

Registered User Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Rnin's Avatar
    No. They are distugished enough to figure if they are a girl or not.

Registered User Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? Ether's Avatar
    I think for vidio games such as Final Fantasy (and anything realy from Japan and other Asian countries) The males are drawn quite effeminate but I think thats do to the culture and apeal although that doesn't apply to ALL characters.

Blog Entries
    I have looked back at my FF collection and there is actually a lot of characters that look like chicks...

No, I don't think their look like girls...Sephiroth is only a bit effeminate,but he doesn't look like a girl,absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Another character that has an ambiguous character design is Sorceress Adel (FFVIII). This chick looks like a man.
    Because he's a man XD.
    If something bad happens, do the Panic Dance!

Registered User Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisthra View Post

Because he's a man XD.
    Really? Then explain this to me.

Adel - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research

Sorceress Adel (アデル, Aderu) is a minor antagonist in Final Fantasy VIII. She is a Sorceress who was once the ruler of Esthar for an unknown period of time. Though Adel is always referred to as a "she," her physical form is very masculine with a muscular frame with thick shoulders. Adel is also at least four times the size of the average person.
    Sounds like Adel is supposed to be a woman, but just has very manly features. So unless you are just being facetious, then I was in fact correct in saying that Adel is a chick that looks like a man.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

If I remember good,in the Italian version of the game their say she (he? Boh) is a man...
    but in the Italian version there are a lot of translation error...
    If something bad happens, do the Panic Dance!

Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls? ffking997's Avatar
    yes i do actually
    are sins ever forgiven??

Re: Dont You Think That Alot Of FF7 Charectors Look Like Girls?

Sorry but I don't agree with that the only character I think that looks like the wrong gender is Kuja in FF9!!!