Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia?

Re: Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia?

I never had a problem getting out of the crater with Pandoras box obviously you got it on the way down to fight Sephiroth and at that point you can't turn back. However if you want to obtain it before this point go back to the right path and fight around there until you meet a Dragon Zombie and then kill it as quickly as possible then it should use Pandoras Box and there you go simple!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markandrewkinzett View Post
    I never had a problem getting out of the crater with Pandoras box obviously you got it on the way down to fight Sephiroth and at that point you can't turn back. However if you want to obtain it before this point go back to the right path and fight around there until you meet a Dragon Zombie and then kill it as quickly as possible then it should use Pandoras Box and there you go simple!!!!
    Ok thank you. I'll try that, I didn't know he was in the crater before Seph.

I'll find you, no matter what. Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? FeyLenne13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I rely heavily on my E.Skill especially in the Battle Arena to ensure I have three ways of curing my character in case I get materia reels. White Wind, Big Guard, L4 Sucide, and Death Force has saved me many a times. I have all of the skills except one and I have no idea what is it. Someone mentioned Chocobuckle up top. What is that and how do you get it? Lol I want to see if E Skill multiplies when you have all the skills.

Trust Me.

742617000027 Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? driftrunner's Avatar

I am just wondering how many of you out there use the Enemy Skill Materia? The first few times I went through the game I never used it cuz I thought it was shit. But when I found out how to obtain all the Enemy Skills in the game I used it. Now every time I go through it I fill 3 Enemy Skill Materia's as it is one cool piece of Materia. Especially Big Guard (Barrier, MBarrier, Haste) which saves you needing to buy Barrier and Time Materia, White Wind (Heals you up using you remaining HP). Some of the attacks are crap (Chocobuckle, L4 Suicide and ??? to name a few) but I still fill the Materia up cuz it looks so cool that way. But the question at hand is do YOU use it?
    Yeah the Big Guard and the White Wind skill can pretty sure save your hide i only use these.

Do you think you can handle me maggot? Try this

Registered User Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? Dimwitted's Avatar

I only have the one piece can never find the others and yeah i use it just font have pandora and i think beta pandora i know where to get just not that far in and beta havent a clue ha but i think maybe midgar zolem , playing ff7 through for the first time in ages ha
    I have a life, I just choose not to use it

I will save the world Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? Hero without a Name's Avatar

I just want to find out where u got that cartoon where black mage kills everyone, it's freaking funny

"Now do you want to call me short?!?!"

Anyways regarding the actual topic I had, I used enemy skill a lot during the first 2 discs, specfically with 4 moves. White wind, Trine, Big Guard, and Aqua Lung..or aqua bubble, it's been so long since I played the game. Besides those, I never really used any other attack, but they were good to me until the end of the 2nd disc, then I just started using weapons/counter attack materias
    Last edited by Hero without a Name; 08-15-2011 at 08:46 AM.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

The first time i played i only started using Enemy Skill materia after Aeris died (by chance i had equipped it during the battle with Jenova and learned that Aqua something move that did 1500 or so damage). Since then, i've used it pretty much always on at least one character, usually Yuffie (she is my yellow materia queen).
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

TFF's Resident Messenger Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just got an Enemy Skill Materia. I haven't learned anything yet since I am still near where I got it (Shinra Tower). I have used the Blue Magic in other Final Fantasy games, and it is normally my main magic class. I was wondering if anyone had a list of the skills to learn and which monsters taught them.

I think that this thread wold be the best place for any such list. It would help any confused players. I mean, I have no idea what you all are talking about, I just know it is about Enemy Skill Materia. If anyone could, a list of skill, with spell effects, and what monsters have them would be greatly appreciated.

I realize that this could go into the Help Thread, but I am not really asking for help. This post is more like a suggestion to get more people talking about Enemy Skill Materia. You know, combine everyone's knowledge and get the list up here in TFF.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Registered User Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? Pug's Avatar

I use elemental, fire, cure, time, barrier, pheonix, last stand, +luck, hp+. Thats it. Nothing else. Kill EVERYTHING with just them

I always say this but your not a true master until you go to the bare minimum I love doing this game as hard as possible.

Or complete the game at lvl <30 like my mate did

ILoveSquats

The Enemy Skills materia has definitely been useful with Big Guard. White wind not that much so far (because I have All + Cure 2), but I'm guessing it will be (still only at Gold Saucer 2nd time around here). But I like the concept. I do have Flame Thrower, and I'm just dying for a chance to really _really_ use it...

TFF's Resident Messenger Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm still on Disc 1, but I have found Matra Magic, Flamethrower, and Beta to be very effective when I want to end the battle quickly. I have also learned L4 Suicide and Chocobuckle, but I only used each of those once. L4 Suicide to help learn Chocobuckle, and Chocobuckle to just see what happens.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

I use it. Mostly for Big Guard and some of the more powerful attacks, like Beta and Trine, since those spells can be really helpful for a good portion of the game. Oh yeah, and Magic Hammer is nice also.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Gamer Girl Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? Sakaea's Avatar

I always get all the E. Skill Materias, and equip them, and try to get all the Skills. I like Big Gaurd the best, and White Wind is good too. Some of them are totally useless, but it's still fun to try to get all of them.

Sargeant Tastycakes Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? dustinpro's Avatar

One word...Aqualung,was way too powerful for the character's levels during the game when it first became available during the Jenova:Life battle in the Forbidden City.
    I've long since collected all of the skills, but rarely use them.

Boxer of the Galaxy Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? Rowan's Avatar

Its fun to have a selection of skills at your disposal. Big guard being the most important skill that you will use until the very end of the game. I also like using Beta, trine and white wind. Some moves are very helpful early game.

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? FF Ace Cid's Avatar

I always try to complete at least one Enemy Skill Materia, I find most of the abilities to be helpful. I mostly just like to complete everything in a game though. I loved getting Shadow Flare from the Ultima Weapon, and Pandora's Box was awesome. Trine was awesome if you got it early on. I will always recommend using Enemy Skills in battle.
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinpro View Post
    One word...Aqualung,was way too powerful for the character's levels during the game when it first became available during the Jenova:Life battle in the Forbidden City.
    I've long since collected all of the skills, but rarely use them.
    Aqualung becomes available as soon as you reach Corel... Just equip the Chocobo Lure Materia and walk around in the chocobo tracks outside gold saucer, and you'll eventually encounter a Harpy...

I will save the world Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? Hero without a Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Brett View Post
    Aqualung becomes available as soon as you reach Corel... Just equip the Chocobo Lure Materia and walk around in the chocobo tracks outside gold saucer, and you'll eventually encounter a Harpy...
    And also in Corel after you get out of Corel Prison, same harpy just drive around the harpy with the Buggy and you can minpulate or just wait and he'll use it. It's one of the most powerful attacks in Disc 1 imo

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

I agree that Aqualung is well strong but that is a good thing isn't it? As for getting Aqualung early you CAN get it earlier than when you get to the forgotten city. If you fight around the Gold Saucer area you can find an enemy called Harpy which you can learn it from if you have Big Guard and Manipulate you should have no problem getting it. As for not using it why? Big Guard, White Wind and some other powerful attacks kick ass I would not go through the game again without using Enemy Skill it is one of the best materias in the whole game, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Brett View Post
    Really? Whoa been a while since i learned something new about FFVII..

I agree that Aqualung is well strong but that is a good thing isn't it? As for getting Aqualung early you CAN get it earlier than when you get to the forgotten city. If you fight around the Gold Saucer area you can find an enemy called Harpy which you can learn it from if you have Big Guard and Manipulate you should have no problem getting it. As for not using it why? Big Guard, White Wind and some other powerful attacks kick ass I would not go through the game again without using Enemy Skill it is one of the best materias in the whole game, in my opinion.
    I used them during the game a lot, but once I got towards the end, my characters were strong enough to destroy just about anything with a couple of physical strikes.
    As for the later bosses and WEAPONs, I pretty much used Fury+Limit Breaks.

Elementalist Do You Use Enemy Skill Materia? IcyJJ's Avatar

I used Enemy Skill all the time. It provided the ability to target all opponents with many of the spells. Aqualung, being one of the few water spells, and Pandora's Box are great for dealing massive damage to wipe out some tougher random battles. White Wind can be great for boss battles over Cure3-All. Matra Magic is also great for early battles as it costs only 8MP and deals non-elemental damage.

deathlord

I mainly use it to levlel up my guys in the beginning when they learn matra magic and it helps alot more than summons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2