Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: coolest looking limit break?

Elementalist coolest looking limit break? IcyJJ's Avatar

Re: coolest looking limit break?

I don't get it. The whole point was that he needs the Black Materia to summon Meteor to deal enough damage to the planet so that he can gain power. Now, he has a limit that can disintegrate planets, but only do 3k-4k dmg to the party. I do not buy Supernova as a good limit, good looking though.

As for my favorite, Barret's Satellite Beam is the best looking. Many of his limits are mostly for show if you are using them only on one enemy, but hey, Barret is just that kind of dude.
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

Queen coolest looking limit break? Crescent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IcyJJ View Post
    I don't get it. The whole point was that he needs the Black Materia to summon Meteor to deal enough damage to the planet so that he can gain power. Now, he has a limit that can disintegrate planets, but only do 3k-4k dmg to the party.
    hehe I know right! Oh wellz XD

Ummmm Supernova = a summon, not a limit break, derp

And the most fun and most powerful limit break in the game, is Cait siths slots limit.. God he rocks!

In regards to what looks cool, Yuffies Doom of the living and Barrets Ungarmax kickass!
    Last edited by nix; 03-27-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Ummmm Supernova = a summon, not a limit break, derp
    His limit break was always SuperNova. He uses it in FFVII and in FFVII:Crisis Core the Sephiroth Fan Club states this as his official Limit X)

He casts a spell and disappears like the playable characters do when casting a summon, he is also summoning a supernova.. He can also cast it multiple times regardless of damage he receives.

Its a summon, sorry but the Seph fan club can try defy the logic behind it, they are after all, just fans of Seph and are clearly making it up.

He casts a spell and disappears like the playable characters do when casting a summon, he is also summoning a supernova.. He can also cast it multiple times regardless of damage he receives.

Its a summon, sorry but the Seph fan club can try defy the logic behind it, they are after all, just fans of Seph and are clearly making it up.
    Sorry. Your wrong. Its confirmed by the creators. Not only when you join Silver Elite, they ask you Seph's limit break and lo and behold, it's Supernova and Im not sure if you can understand japanese but it also confirms Sephiroth's sole limit break as "Supernova" in the official FFVII Ultimania Omega booklet.

Credible links please confirming so..

I understand they may have decided to make it his limit break in the BS money milking spin offs they done, but in the actual game.. He casts it like a summon and the spell itself goes on like a summon.

So in the FF7 GAME, not the shitty spin offs, in my opinion its a summon.. Please relay credible sources for your fact claim.

Credible links please confirming so..

I understand they may have decided to make it his limit break in the BS money milking spin offs they done, but in the actual game.. He casts it like a summon and the spell itself goes on like a summon.

So in the FF7 GAME, not the shitty spin offs, in my opinion its a summon.. Please relay credible sources for your fact claim.
    Try reading the book and/or finding english translations on the net for yourself if you honestly wish to seek truth and satisfaction. If anything the spinoffs should support my argument if all the other main FFVII characters have their original limitbreaks. But remember no matter what your opinion on the spinoffs it doesn't make them any less true unless the creators indicate otherwise in which case they have not. For the record though Ive read my sister's imported FFVII merchandise which includes the FFVII ultimania booklets (FFVII10th Anniversary Ultimania, Utimania Omega, Crisis Core:The Complete Guide, Crisis Core Ultimania, Dirge of Cerberus: Official Complete Guide, Advent Children Reunion Files (this in both Eng&jap)). I just really love my FFVII ok

I have searched and cant find any fact, just people discussing it

The reason im separating the spin offs from the game is because they are separate and just because someone decided at a later date to make supernova his limitbreak in the other games, doesnt mean that in FF7 its his limit break.

All evidence points to it being a summon, he can cast it at will, doesnt need to receive a certain amount of damage to activate it, and he also has the cast animation of a summon, in being he casts and then disappears. Like all of the characters do when casting a summon and never once do they disappear when using a limit break.

Plus the same team that made FFVII didnt work on the spin offs save for maybe one or two people

EDIT: The only thing i have found is on the FF wiki and it claims in crisis core and dirge they made it his limit break, separate games and i do not include them into the FF7 story as they are made by a different dev team. Nothing confirmed that its his limit in the FF7 game and all evidence supports my theory. Fuck the cash cow spin offs, they are an abomination to the FF universe.. As are all sequels/spin offs for FF
    Last edited by nix; 03-27-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Boxer of the Galaxy coolest looking limit break? Rowan's Avatar

Yuffies Doom of the Living is pretty cool. I like Satellite beam from barret as well.

Ps: im pretty sure I love ff7 more than any of you.

I have searched and cant find any fact, just people discussing it

The reason im separating the spin offs from the game is because they are separate and just because someone decided at a later date to make supernova his limitbreak in the other games, doesnt mean that in FF7 its his limit break.

All evidence points to it being a summon, he can cast it at will, doesnt need to receive a certain amount of damage to activate it, and he also has the cast animation of a summon, in being he casts and then disappears. Like all of the characters do when casting a summon and never once do they disappear when using a limit break.

Plus the same team that made FFVII didnt work on the spin offs save for maybe one or two people
    Yeah thats right. Ive seen it as a limit break all those times I played and in the FFVII ultimania it confirms such. If not a limit break then I saw it also as a powerful magic attack executed through illusion which explained why he dissapeared. If everyone else saw it as a summon thats ok but I never have. So when they confirmed it in Crisis Core and other official canon "FFVII game" material (not Dissidia& DD012 but shit that supports my argument still) that SuperNova is/was in fact Sephiroth's sole limit break I will continue to see it as such. If Sephiroth were to "summon" a meteor you know itd be that real one that almost destroyed the planet. Thats how I saw/see it. From the looks of it I guess it came down to perception. I thought more about it I suppose.

EDIT:
    Fuck the cash cow spin offs, they are an abomination to the FF universe.. As are all sequels/spin offs for FF
    ..b..but I loved Crisis Core.. AND THAT BLOODY FFXIII/-2 SHIT IS AN ABOMINATION TO THE FF UNIVERSE XD

Boxer of the Galaxy coolest looking limit break? Rowan's Avatar

"Sephiroth has no Limit Break and cannot charge his Limit meter: if the player uses cheats to boost Sephiroth's Limit meter, it will never fully charge"

"Sephiroth's trademark attack is Supernova, his ultimate attack when faced as Safer∙Sephiroth."

"Sephiroth's other trademark attacks are Heartless Angel, a move that drains the opponent's HP to a single point, Octaslash, a sequence of eight sword attacks, and Shadow Flare, a barrage of dark energy orbs. In Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia, he is also able to use variations of Meteor. "

I guess they all his limit breaks too?
    I suppose every character had multiple limit breaks. But nowhere has it mentioned that supernova is his legitimate limit break, and claims from a sephiroth fanclub hold no water to this.

I dont see why It couldn't be a limit break though, he only ever really used supernova against me once I did considerable damage to him, as a means to fill a gauge.

Source

Ok Im gonna make like Vincent and say "Think what you will"

Quote Originally Posted by omgawd View Post
    powerful magic attack executed through illusion which explained why he dissapeared.

It's like you tip toed around using the word summon..

It's like you tip toed around using the word summon..
    Im over this now. Stick with what you know n Ill stick what with I know.

I'll stick to what i see in the game

I like Cloud's Omnislash, and almost all final Limit Breaks, Yuffie's is cool too, though I can't remember its name.
    Spoiler:

Registered User coolest looking limit break? Gemini_Gunzman's Avatar

I think Red XIII's Stardust Ray is the coolest looking, followed by Omnislash.

Cid is one of my favorite chars, and his highwind limit can out damage clouds omnislash.
    hey

Registered User coolest looking limit break? TheLastAdventAuron's Avatar

Chaos all the way!

Chaos remains to be the best limit break like ever. period. XD

Omni-Slash without a doubt but Chaos and Highwind are pretty cool too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2