View Poll Results: Who is Least Likely to Be Playable in a FFVII-2?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cloud

1 4.35%
  • Tifa

1 4.35%
  • Barret

0 0%
  • Red XIII

0 0%
  • Cid

2 8.70%
  • Caith Sith

9 39.13%
  • Yuffie

0 0%
  • Vincent

0 0%
  • Aeris

6 26.09%
  • Sephiroth (Why not?)

4 17.39%

Thread: Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel?

Registered User Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? NeoAquarius12's Avatar

Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel?

I know the odds of a direct sequel at this point are pretty slim. I mean, they have already created a ton of excess media dealing with the characters in this particular series (Before Crisis, Crisis Core, DoC, etc., etc.). But, if they were to create a full sequel that takes place, say, 10 years after the end of Advent Children... which characters would be least likely to be playable?

Obviously, Cloud and Vincent are probably the top 2 because their stories have been told already. I wouldn't mind seeing them as strong story characters, but they're way too strong t the end of each game to provide a unique and somewhat difficult story line.

I think the most likely to be given a second chance is Yuffie. A more adult Yuffie could be an interesting character to develop. Red XIII and Caith Sith as well. Cid would be getting a little older, and Barret... well, he's Barret. I think Tifa would be a good role model, but not necessarily someone you would want to play with again. Maybe Marlene could step in and take her place. And Aeris, while doable, is a long stretch.

Opinions?

Registered User Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? Sheechiibii's Avatar

Re: Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel?

I think the least likely would be Aerith. I don't think Cid would be a playable character again either since it's pretty rare for Cids to be playable in the first place in FFs. As for someone’s story I'd love Cait Sith / Reeve to get a story. Either that or more with Tifa, Marlene could be a character too and Denzel since they'll be older by then.

Xx..xX

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? Catalana's Avatar

Tifa or Sephiroth ... why not ? After all Cloud ( normal ), Zack and Vincent have their own games ! But I don't think Square Enix will do another game in report with FF7 ( unfortunately T.T ). Yuffie too can have her own game ... Oh all the characters deserve it ha ha ... It's so difficult to make a choice ... ^^

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Elementalist Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? IcyJJ's Avatar

Cid

His side story is the smallest. Outside of a little bit of disc 2, he almost has no role in the game. Unless the game was to take place in outer space, I feel that Cid would not have a problem playing out the rest of his days building planes and relaxing to some tea.
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

Caith sith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ~Pain is inevitable
    Suffering is optional

Cait Sith because not many people like his character so SE won't make him playable as he won't sell any game copies due to the fan hate towards him.

Chief Inspiring Officer Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Cait Sith, even Red Thirteen has something over him. But maybe that's just me...
    SPOILER!!:
    I didn't even care when he supposedly died...did anyone else?
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Il y a un furet dans mes cheveux :O Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? Catalana's Avatar

I didn't even care when he supposedly died...did anyone else?
    I think you're not the only one >< I even didn't remember of this ... shame on me ...
    But yeah why not Cait Sith after all ! We don't know a lot about him and his story is not the biggest on FF7 yep !

Ohh, there is a ferret in my bedroom again...

Cait Sith is the only character I have never gone through the game with for two reasons. 1)He is a spy and that's reason enough 2)He is a useless bag of shit simple as that.

Blog Entries

A "useless bag of shit," huh? Is that why his physical attacks can be some of the strongest in the game if you use him correctly? I know he does, because I used him throughout the game, and he was doing close to quad 9's at around level 60 or 70 with his ultimate weapon. Or how about this? Just because you don't like a character, it doesn't make them useless.

Aerith or Sephiroth are the least likely playable characters. They're dead. (Oh JAM, spoilers!) Also, Sephiroth is a villain. Oh, and just for shits and giggles:

Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Boxer of the Galaxy Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? Rowan's Avatar

I would prefer if cait sith wasnt a playable character. Sephiroth would be playable in the flashback story part I suppose, but I think square realises how crap of a character cait sith is. I would much prefer if Reeve was used to replace cait sith as its controlled by him anyway, I believe. Tifa should be a playable character and she should have the boob jiggle. If she doesnt have the boob jiggle id be very dissapointed.

Registered User Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? + Revenant +'s Avatar
    Six feet under...and dragging you down with me

Definitely Cait Sith, and I for one would not shed any tears over his absence.

Registered Uber Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? Hobaginator's Avatar

Aeris because she's dead. Sephiroth has clones so that makes him a possibility, sort of.

What I really want is a prequel. I want to play as Zach fighting alongside Sephiroth on their old Soldier missions. That would make a good hack and slash.
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Bananarama Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm calling it, the next game will be a Cid flight sim.

Milk that cash cow!
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User Which Chracter Is Least Likely To Be Playable In A FULL Sequel? EmperorLeo's Avatar

For me, the ones that I wouldn't want to see a sequel for are the ones that have already been exhausted before. Cloud and Vincent have nothing left (and it's hard to say Vincent had much to go with in the first place) to add for my eyes. We've seen the story through them before, twice with Cloud (counting Advent Children).

I would love a sequel from anyone but Cloud or Vincent honestly. Even Cait Sith, if it meant it showed Reeve's side.

JamesLomax

Tbh, I'd like to see a prequel where you perhaps play as Sephiroth and his journey into and throughout soldier. I know it's sort of been done in crisis core. But I think it'd be quite a decent game with a lot to explore.

Mazy
    Sephiroth or Aerith. I wouldn't watch Sephiroth to be a playable character. But if there was a sequel apart from DoC.. I would want Genesis tio return.

Mazy
    Damn the spelling mistakes. I don't even know how to delete comments. New here.