Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All aboard the hype train

TFFF Ghost All aboard the hype train Howling Wind's Avatar
    I jilled off to this. Is that weird??

Okay in all seriousness its only been a few years since I played FF7 and at the time I was like, eh, its all right (I'm one of those weirdos that REALLY likes FF6) and at the time disc 2 I think was... scratched slightly so it made loading the game at where I was picky choosey. I didn't even end up finishing it. And yeah, I know, you can get scratches taken out for like a dollar but I'm lazy. Now you might be thinking. WTF you so excited for? Well, after hearing friends talking about a remake since well, forever, I decided... what better way to finally get to finish the game! XD

That being said... I may actually go down to a record store and get the scratch removed and start this game over >.> I know, seems kinda weird but lets just say my interest is renewed =D
    Spit out your stride gum and chew another piece already... or I'll haunt you.

Queen All aboard the hype train Crescent's Avatar
    Im still in disbelief.

I keep rewatching the trailer. It makes me tear up esp towards the end with Barret n Cloud. My friend wants to throw a party over this announcement.

Im literally that guy in the blazer lmao. That Btch doesnt get it.

chocolateer All aboard the hype train 01habbo's Avatar
    I think the disbelief is because of all the times SE gave us false hope and then burned it down like a tonne of bricks. It's like, is this real?

Certified tech, come at me! All aboard the hype train SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope square will consider giving people a choice of gameplay style rather than forcing turn-based or action based battles and give fans a choice between both battle systems so people new to FF can be able to play the game and longtime fans can still have that option for turn-based combat.
    Currently Playing:

Boxer of the Galaxy All aboard the hype train Rowan's Avatar
    I cringe everytime im reminded of my spelling mistake in the title.
    Can a mod fix for me plz?

Also this is now a

Things we think they will keep out of the ff7 remake and why.

I'll start;

The cloud crossdressing segment
    Aeris x redXIII ... sex experiment
    Cloud riding a dolphin to the top of the electrified tower after giving the little girl CPR

Why? Not sure. Just a feelin.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    All aboard the hype train Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    - I bet the cross-dressing segment stays, but will be tweaked quite a bit.
    - The long Summon sequences. I can see them getting the axe for the sake of smoother battling, even though they would look ****ing awesome on today's hardware.
    - The optional characters. Not that I think they remove them, but I bet they make some adjustments to Yuffie/Vincent to make them easier to encounter (i.e. mandatory party additions organic with story progression).
    - The reading-style RPG. You know they're going to add voice actors. Normally I'd be okay with it, but I don't think any voice actor could do Cait Sith justice.

Here are a few things I DON'T want them to even consider for the remake and why:

- An end-game side quest to resurrect Aeris; her stabby death is necessary! (oops! spoilers sorry!)
    - Keep Biggs, Wedge and Jessie dead, too, for the same emotional impact! (oops! sorry again!)
    - Any major battle system change; adding options is fine, but keep a "classic mode" in there.
    - The chocobo breeding system being dumbed down/made easier; I hate simplification.
    - A composer not named Nobuo Uematsu listed prominently at the top of the soundtrack.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

I invented Go-Gurt. All aboard the hype train Clint's Avatar
    We're finally getting a good Final Fantasy game. It's been years since we've had one of those. Here's to hoping they don't mess with the battle system, because Square sucks at trying to innovate new systems of combat. It makes all of their newer titles unplayable. I'm hoping they keep the junction system too, which I'm sure they will.

I do hope they change the final battle of the game, though. The final battle is supposed to be challenging. Final Fantasy VII's was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognitus View Post
    - The optional characters. Not that I think they remove them, but I bet they make some adjustments to Yuffie/Vincent to make them easier to encounter (i.e. mandatory party additions organic with story progression).
    I was discussing this the other day also.
    I think that they will no longer be made optional, but rather mandatory characters that are unlocked throughout the duration of the storyline. If you notice in the original, vincent and yuffie are left out of all cutscene showcasing the entire party(mainly the final cgi at the end of the game), I dont think this is something they can get away with in the remake. I also think it could make for a far more interesting turn of events if both yuffie and vincent are included in scenes where they otherwise would not have been mentioned. I'm still unsure how the game is going to play out, I was kinda hoping they would reveal more at the squarenix E3 conference. Now assuming these characters will become mandatory in the remake, that would also mean 2 optional sidequests would be removed. Not that they were particulary enjoyable, but I'm hoping that there will be worthwhile sidequests in the remake just like there was in the original, that give the player more reason to explore the marvelous world.

Getting shivers thinking about traversing the deep sea in the submarine with a lurking Emerald Weapon in the remake. I also hope, that they allow for this and make it optional instead of story based.

Blog Entries
    Can we have Gackt do some vocal music tracks for this game? That would be awesome.
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    Can we have Gackt do some vocal music tracks for this game? That would be awesome.
    Sry bt thats a Hell no from me. Genesis isnt even in FFVII plz. Lets stick to the source as much as possible.

#LOCKE4GOD All aboard the hype train Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    aboard*

The Cloud crossing dressing segment is still in from the sounds of it along with most, if not all of the rest.

"How the new, slightly darker aesthetic sits with some of the crazier elements of the original game remains to be seen, but it seems they'll be intact. Can't wait to see the delicious sight of Cloud in a dress in glorious HD? "Please look forward to it," said Nomura as the interview came to a close."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...h-of-the-crazy
    Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Sry bt thats a Hell no from me. Genesis isnt even in FFVII plz. Lets stick to the source as much as possible.
    That might change you know, if you think back to the events of Crisis Core. I want my Gackt!
    Currently Playing:

Also this is now a

Just a feeling too..

Always wondered how this scene would look recreated in HD playing it the first time. It was so random n unexpected bt really cute.

hehe not sure

And the original battle system. I'll take whatever they make. Surprise me btches.

That might change you know, if you think back to the events of Crisis Core. I want my Gackt!
    Ew no. I love jpop n jrock. Bt I do NOT want that shit in my games. Glad ur not on the dev team. I dont wanna see of any resemblance of this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Ew no. I love jpop n jrock. Bt I do NOT want that shit in my games. Glad ur not on the dev team. I dont wanna see of any resemblance of this
    I don't mean musicals featuring animated characters singing Gackt music lol, I just mean as background music ala dirge of cerberus, not to replace any of the original FF score, but like as an addition to the score, since it's likely the composer will add to the soundtrack for the remake.

Now if I wanted people to dislike me as a developer, I would have made a reboot of Mystic Quest and featured FF7 characters as cameos the whole game.
    Currently Playing:

I don't mean musicals featuring animated characters singing Gackt music lol, I just mean as background music ala dirge of cerberus, not to replace any of the original FF score, but like as an addition to the score, since it's likely the composer will add to the soundtrack for the remake.
    ....No.

I dont wanna see of any resemblance of this

NNNNOOOOOOO! why did i click, the horror!! oh gawd the horror

The more predicted changes i read the more depressed i get, i dont want them to change anything! just add some cool stuff in

Blog Entries
    Speaking of cameos, I wonder if there will be Type-0 HD references and FFXV references to promote those games? I mean, might as well since this remake will more than likely overshadow them. What this remake does need is a demo for people to play and provide feedback like they're doing for FFXV.

EDIT: to reply to nix's post - cool stuff...like Gackt music *runs away quickly*
    Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    NNNNOOOOOOO! why did i click, the horror!! oh gawd the horror
    I am so sorry.

Sh*t u better not visit the "Currently Listening to" thread.

The more predicted changes i read the more depressed i get, i dont want them to change anything! just add some cool stuff in
    Exactly. All the speculation is actually really distressing.

EDIT: to reply to nix's post - cool stuff...like Gackt music *runs away quickly*
    I don't even know what that means!! wtf is a gackt?!

The 37th Red Spade All aboard the hype train Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to lose all my credit with this, but...

I like X-2 and its theme song. I know all the words.

And to answer your question, Gackt is a rock band from Japan.

Here is their song Redemption (which is from Dirge of Cerberus. Didn't know that! Thought it was from Crisis Core, haha.)

Also, the appearance of Genesis is apparently based off of one of the band members.
    Last edited by Coff9; 06-17-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

Can someone... please... fix my spelling mistake.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 06-17-2015 at 07:41 PM.

I invented Go-Gurt. All aboard the hype train Clint's Avatar
    There are various story elements that should be changed for the remake. I think the terrorism thing at the beginning of the game could be toned down a bit. Former terrorists don't make particularly compelling heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    I don't even know what that means!! wtf is a gackt?!
    "a Gackt" lol

Gackt is a famous japanese pop/rock artist whom the FFVII Crisis Core Compilation character - Genesis - was modelled off of. He is also the voice actor for Genesis in the japanese version of Crisis Core.

Not only did he write n sing the theme song, Redemption (n Longing-my fave ;P) for the other FFVII Compilation title -Dirge of Cerberus, he also appears in the game itself thru live-action combined with CGI.

Tl:dr Irrevelant n not even worth mentioning.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Coff9 View Post
    I know all the words.
    Me too (jap version).

But dont tell anyone.

Linkin Gackt more like, keep them away from FF7 puh-lease

Rowan.. you could have at least pawned it off to an aussie accent spelling of the word.. "crikey me aul chums, smear some peanut butter on a kangaroo and all abourd the hype train me aul mucka's"

Coff9.. man card... hand it over!

Blog Entries
    I'm very glad Coff9 is backing me up on this. I still personally think Gackt would add nice depth to the FF VII storyline, or at least be Vincent's theme, Vincent didn't really have much of a theme in the original. I hope his deathbringer will be like his DoC one, that would be pretty sweet. Chaos was pretty useless in the original game.
    Currently Playing:

There is very little that could ruin this now that it has been announced, and I really dont want to complain at all since this is all I have ever asked/wished for, and now is coming to fruition, but please no gackt or anything. I cringed at that cgi crap at the end of dirge (amongst other things).

Everyone please report me for 'bad language' and in the text box, write "aboard"

The 37th Red Spade All aboard the hype train Coff9's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha, I would if I could, Nix. I'm sure that was confiscated a long time ago. You have no idea.

But yeah, I do hope they keep the remake consistent with its own lore. Adding in and changing things won't really make it much of a remake, but more of a reimagining or retelling. It would be like putting in things from FF4: The After Years into the DS remake of FF4. Buuut, with what Sabin said about Vincent, well, I could see changes to something like a Limit Break for a character that you may or may not get during the game. Maybe some nods to the other games would be okay.

There's really no way to know how all of this will go just yet. I'm hoping for the best, but as others have said, the more I think about how this will go, the less hope I have.

At least we'll always have the original. And those mods for the PC version. And with those, you could put in anything you want!
    Last edited by Coff9; 06-17-2015 at 07:07 PM.
    ~Red Mage~~Knight Looking For Sorceress!~~Member Of The Evil Bad Guys~

TFF Family: None yet! PM me if you'd like to join!

TFF RP Status: The Tipsy-Ram Tavern --- Strange Tides (Looking for RPs and Battle-RPs! Rewriting "Council of Mages")

Currently Playing: - Final Fantasy 1 (All Red Mage Run) - Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Clicker Heroes -

I Use TFF Dark!

The Old Skool Warrior All aboard the hype train LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everyone please report me for 'bad language' and in the text box, write "aboard"
    I just laughed when I read this post and got the email from you reporting your own post as I was about to click the Back button.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coff9 View Post
    Haha, I would if I could, Nix. I'm sure that was confiscated a long time ago. You have no idea.

But yeah, I do hope they keep the remake consistent with its own lore. Adding in and changing things won't really make it much of a remake, but more of a reimagining or retelling. It would be like putting in things from FF4: The After Years into the DS remake of FF4.
    It's already been stated (forgive me for not sourcing) that the remake will include new plot elements and additions to the original. This should be expected, we are not asking for a clone, in so many ways, we want a fresh new perspective on the game we adored when it first came out. Dont stress that it will stray to far from the original, because the words "remake" were specifically added to the end of the trailer and in my humble opinion, leads me to believe that they will stay true to the original in the way that it matters most to the fans.

Edit: shoutout to loco for fixing my bad language.
    Last edited by Rowan; 06-17-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast