Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around

Re: Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around

Quote Originally Posted by Ginomee View Post
    I think she was just annoying. I really liked Tifa, and Aeris just got in the way. I do realize Cloud was living Zack's life, but Aeris just wasn't intriguing.
    Tifa is better and Squares obvious choice for the main heroine... But Aerith was real, she was how a real woman suppose to be, not superbadass able to kick the balls right out of your pants. She was a real woman, soft, delicate, emotional. If you don't like that then you must like your women hard and tough, well that's fine I like real women...

Registered User Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Diamond Dust's Avatar

Lol, no offence but who are you to define who or what a 'real' woman is?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dust View Post
    Lol, no offence but who are you to define who or what a 'real' woman is?
    Well I'm talking about a traditional woman then. You know sweet and nice, and Tifa was nice to but Aerith was caring and nurturing that's what I think a real woman is.

Registered User Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Dimwitted's Avatar

Well first off im asuming that she was meant to live but then they decided to habve her die cos from what i read in other forums there were dialouge lines for her but not many and that was late disk 2?
    but aside from that she was actually pretty awesome i deliberatly put off her death as long as possible ha invincibility healing and ability to fill parties limit she is one op char ha XD
    I have a life, I just choose not to use it

Scourge of Esthar Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around CrazedMonkey's Avatar

I don't really have any qualms with Aeris (i know her name is Aerith but I just don't like saying it like that so I'm sticking with Aeris), but I personally don't think of her as either one. She's okay as far as female characters go, I doubt I could really hate her if I tried, but she was mediocre at best. Not bad, but not that great either.
    You'll have your reward for finding me, and don't think of running off without collecting. My shot is faster, or my names not Balthier.

Queen Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Crescent's Avatar

I found Aerith annoying as hell (still do). I hate the 'damsel in distress' types. God I just do. I never put Aerith in my party when given the choice. I ALWAYS had Tifa in my party though. Tifa and Vincent. Dont give a **** if she was a great healer. Sell your ALL Materia at Master level and buy hi-potions and tents. Plus the skank gets all the guys. If I were Cloud or a guy I would like her a lot too. I can definitely see the appeal. Bitch is kinda amazing. STILL I HATE HER XDD

For starters, i use 'Aeris' and 'Aerith' interchangeably since they are both canon names. As for my thoughts on the character - admittedly i thought she was an amazing healer character and i used her almost always in my first playthrough (back then i used Cloud, Tifa and Aeris initially until she died; then i just started switching up my team).

It does indeed suck that she gets murdered in the game, but it further increases the story's shock value and conveys a sense of loss and connection with the party - since we lose her as a character while they lose a friend and party member. It's quite clever actually.

So in summary, yes i thought she was an amazing character
    Last edited by The_Dream_Recluse; 08-31-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

I will save the world Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Hero without a Name's Avatar

I didn't mind Aeris...granted I never used her in my party basically because I knew she died the first time I ever played it (using the team Cloud, Tifa and Barret). But as annoying as she may have been....she did save the world, without her we'd all be dead!

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Fueled by Coffee Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Elise's Avatar

I think her over the top niceness was annoying, it made her too clingy, but she did have a good stroyline and she wasn't just tagging along. I was shocked, but I didn't cry when she died, I believe it is the only sad FF scene which I didn't cry during. She is not a great healer in an irreplaceable sense, I never really used her that much, the only reason I would do is to get her limits. Aeris is an alright character I guess, I prefer Tifa over her, but both weren't that amazing really.

All evil will see the light Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Assassin's Avatar

Well she wasn't annoying. i liked her. She was nice.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Final Fantasy 7 FREAK!!! Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around MidgarPeaceMaker01's Avatar

Aeris is amazing all around. I can't imagine anyone saying shew annoying. I mean what the hell did she do to annoy anyone??? She's the sweetest thing in the game, and yet people still consider her annoying over being amazing all around. Cant at least some of you people take a breather and reconsider your thoughts? Think about all the things she had to go tjrougj: being kidnapped by the turks 24/7, getting slapped by the damn Scarlet, and being killed by the most evil living thing in videogame history:Sephiroth.

Come on people. She DIED at the end of the first disc, and yet you still say she's annoying. I can't even tell you how much I cried when she died.....*tear* WOW! Didnt see that coming....

Well, I want some answers.
    "Happiness is a perfume. You cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself... "

TFF's Resident Messenger Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler much?

You know what I didn't see coming? A plot ruiner.

Seriously, there are some people that are currently playing this for the first time. *Hangs head in shame because he is one of the few people left on Earth that hasn't fully played FFVII*

This thread is for your opinion on her. Try to stick to that. You can't drop the "Aeris/Aerith dies when" bomb. Next time, would please put it in Spoiler tags? Or, not give away important plot information?

Now, I have to go and get my brain washed. Or try to sleep this memory away.

Final Fantasy 7 FREAK!!! Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around MidgarPeaceMaker01's Avatar

Sorry about that. I thought everyone here knew that...
    "Happiness is a perfume. You cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself... "

Bananarama Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well now there's no point in playing this game anymore...

And she was annoying. She was a huge liability to have in the party, since she'd get knocked out at the drop of a hat. Sure her limits were pretty sweet, but what's the point in getting her to such a high level for her just to die. If she weren't such a weak character, she wouldn't get kidnapped all the time... and she'd slap Scarlet back.

As for Sephiroth, I really don't think he was all that evil. I think he was more of a sociopath and didn't necessarily have the comprehension for evil. He was just a dude who wanted to be with his people and his "mother," and he'd do what he needed to do in order to accomplish that.

Kefka was far worse.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Xanatos's Avatar

Sephiroth, the most evil living thing in video game history? Burning down a five house village is pretty evil I guess, perhaps even more than killing millions and tearing planet in half.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

There kinda is no point in playing the game now, since the bug secret was revealed by a FF7 FREAK (puts head down in shame...) But you should still continue playing it, just to keep the storyline going in your memory. LOL it has one of the beat story lines in gaming history.

And in regards to Sephiroth, you are right Pete. He was just doing this just to accomplish his goal tj be with his "mother", but there was no point in killing millons of project, and burning a ehole village to the ground, leaving it in ashes. I understand that in Crisis Core, he figured out that he was experimented on (it was it the original ff7?) And he did kinda have an excuse to he on a rampage, but its not worth killing people.

Sephiroth will still be evil in my eyes, no matter what.

Aerith is annoying. Good for u guys out there if ya like her. Haha. I dont. As for getting killed by Sephiroth Bitch had it coming XD

Why dont you like her? What has she done to you that made you hate her this much??

Oh and I could tell your into the desk, evil, mysterious type, eh? LOL me too.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MidgarPeaceMaker01 View Post
    Sephiroth will still be evil in my eyes, no matter what.
    Unfortunately for Sephiroth, being evil doesn't make you a good villain, you need other traits as well such as intelligence, and from what we've seen he either doesn't care of he's in fact that stupid.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by MidgarPeaceMaker01 View Post
    Why dont you like her? What has she done to you that made you hate her this much??

Oh and I could tell your into the desk, evil, mysterious type, eh? LOL me too.
    I dno probably just jealous >D I love Tifa so thats probably got alot to do with it. She moves into Tifa's 'territory' XD with Cloud n she shouldve backed off since she's soooOOOO nice n sweet . I just feel for Tifa thats all n think shes more deserving of Cloud's love. Maybe Cloud's the one I should be pissed at oh well I love Tifa with Vincent or Sephiroth nyways

Yes.. I love my dark, strong, mysterious lone types so sexy they r

lol I love how u wrote "the most evil living thing in videogame history:Sephiroth" Thanx! Great plug for my Sephiroth whos been on the "Top villains of ALL TIME list" countless times hehe but yeh I dont think hes that evil really.. depends what your definition/measure of evil is..he just wants a family bbq n every living thing on the planet just happens to be collateral damage xD

LOL don't worry. I'm jealous too. LOL and i totally agree with you when Aeris just steals Cloud away from Tifa. I mean, she was his to begin with, and Aeris just takes him away. If I were Tifa, I would bet the crap outta Aries.

And you are right when u said that it only depends on how you define the word evil. He's evil to me, but now that everyone is bringing up that all he wanted was a family, I totally agree.

Girl, we feel the same...

Oh and uou welcome.
    Last edited by MidgarPeaceMaker01; 12-21-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Scourge of Esthar Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around CrazedMonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Unfortunately for Sephiroth, being evil doesn't make you a good villain, you need other traits as well such as intelligence, and from what we've seen he either doesn't care of he's in fact that stupid.
    THANK YOU!! My God, FINALLY, someone agrees with me! Sephiroth did a whole lot of nothing throughout the game, yet everyone treats him like some God of Villainy when, in fact, he has never done anything to deserve all the praise.
    You'll have your reward for finding me, and don't think of running off without collecting. My shot is faster, or my names not Balthier.

Annoying as fuh ! Sorry

I just dislike how she basically she flirts with Cloud only because she reminds her of her ex and most of her character is just there to flirt with Cloud and be a love rival for Tifa. There wasn't much to her character despite being flirtatious towards Cloud and making Tifa envious and being nice. She's like Princess Peach. Nice and pretty and ends up being a victim to the villain. Aeris or Aerith doesn't really feel like a well developed character; there needed to be more to her that just playing the love interest/ love rival role.

Though if you like her, that's cool.

And yes I agree with the opinion that Sephiroth is a heavily overrated Villain and was a bore.

Registered User Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Cyric's Avatar
    I didn't think she was annoying at all. She was this super cheerful upbeat character that provided support (both in and out of battle) to the other characters. It's because of this that the characters were so affected by her death.

Registered User Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Sheechiibii's Avatar
    Aerith is probably my least favourite character in VII. I can't stand Mary Sue characters and she's the definition. She irritated the heck out of me the whole time she was there. I like my characters to have depth and be real and someone I can relate to, which she isn't.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Certified tech, come at me! Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't really consider Aerith/Aeris annoying because it's not like she is going out of her way to be obnoxious and all (not that I am really for a Cloud x Aeris relationship). Tifa is actually a better match now that I played through the game once again. The relationship between Tifa and Cloud felt more realistic and had more life to it. During the Gold Saucer date with Tifa and Cloud (if you ended up with that scene), she said things to Cloud that actually sounds like something you would hear from a girl that had deeper feelings for a friend.

Don't get me wrong, Aeris is a nice character, but she is only temporary. She doesn't have a very lively personality either.
    Currently Playing:

Chief Inspiring Officer Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, maybe this is because I'm kind of a tomboy, but I really disliked Aeris. What's her deal, was she just going to sit in that church with her flowers if Cloud didn't show up? She starts out as the perfect damsel in distress (cliche, much?) the only hint of backbone she displayed was following Cloud...
    It might seem callous, but I think her only truly redeeming character trait was her death because otherwise... she was just a kind, selfless ancient. That's only interesting for two minutes, then it's just boring.

I admit however that the plot of FFVII needed her. Sephiroth wouldn't be the same if he hadn't slaughtered an innocent earth's-voice-channeler person...

I have no idea why she had to be so darn helpless, though - don't get me started on the whole Zack flower-trolley-making sequence from Crisis Core. Pure macho garbage - make the stupid thing yourself, girl, you don't need him!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanista View Post
    I admit however that the plot of FFVII needed her. Sephiroth wouldn't be the same if he hadn't slaughtered an innocent earth's-voice-channeler person...
    Actually Sephiroth never touched Aeris, that was Jenova masquerading as Sephiroth. He spent the vast majority of the game as an block of ice and only really showed up to be the final boss.

I didn't think she was annoying at all. In fact, when I was playing this the first time through, my friends had informed me that I would "terribly hate her" (I suppose, they were all pro-Tifa and anti-Aerith. As they were all pro-Cloud, but I was not a fan of him.)

I adored her. She was crucial to the plot, and everything she did felt so human.
    Playing through multiple times, I have found myself unable to halt myself from adding her to my team at all times, even if it meant post-disc 1, I would be unable to use her.
    I do not level all characters fairly, but I think that in my next play around, I'm going to actually attempt getting all limits (as I haven't before.) Only working on Aerith, Cloud, Red XIII, Cid, and Vincent... Oops. ;;;

In games, I tend to lean towards the character that plays cleric, and that is what Aerith is.

If anything, she's one of my favourite, if not only second to Zack in characters I love most in this world, or Final Fantasy worlds in general. I adore seeing her in KH as well.

Consistently Average Aerith?? Annoying as fuh!/or amazing all around Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I liked both Aerith and Tifa (and Cloud, and Cid, and Barret, and Vincent, and Yuffie) so I never hated either of them for wanting to be with Cloud. The same goes for Locke, Terra and Celes in VI.

Aerith was pretty fun and upbeat during the parts of the game where Cloud was doing his SOLDIER mercenary thing so I didn't mind having her in my party. Having a character who'se geared more towards casting magic in a game where everyone can go either way with little difficulty made a nice change too. I was never too bothered about levelling her up during disk 1 either, as it's the Materia you have to worry about, because your reserve party members auto-level anyway. Come disk 2 I'd just put her Materia on Vincent (best mage after her, I think) and that would be that.

I was pretty sad when she died though. Just as sad as I would be in other games (Final Fantasy or otherwise) when key characters die.
    Last edited by Kurt Zisa; 03-17-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast