Thread: Advent children rage!!!!!

Registered User Advent children rage!!!!! i.aM.BlissKaZE's Avatar
    Far beyond the Sundown, Far beyond the Moonlight...

Angry Advent children rage!!!!!

Ok guys, was just wondering if I was the only one...

I fkin love Advent Children. Its the best movie I've ever watched. The graphics are amazing, the characters are amazing, the music is amazing, the story is amazing...

And the voices, are amazing...In Japanese...

However, much to my displeasure, when I switch the language to English to watch the movie in my native language, I am absolutely appalled at the voice cast.

Every single character sounds bloody terrible. With the possible exceptions of Barrett and Cait Sith, I wonder where Square Enix got such a useless bunch of pedo old men, 8 year old girls and other assorted rands...

I mean really, 128 million people in Japan. Probably half that again speak it within the rest of the world. If they're going to market it to America, and England, and Australia, can't they at least get a decent cast?

I am actually trolling through it right now finally realizing how ppl can write Fanfictions about Cloud and Sephiroth being gay, when they're worst enemies in the movie. Its cuz their voices sound bloody terrible. Loz's 'wanna play?' really gets me, I mean, who wants to play with someone with a voice like that? His 'asobouka?' in Japanese is one of my favourite lines in the whole movie!

Aerith sounds to me like a grandmother they recorded underwater...

Tifa and Yuffie sound quite similar to Justin Beiber...

Kadaj, Loz, Yazoo, Rufus Shinra, the list goes on...They all sound like pre-pubescent teens!

So, basically what I'm saying is:
    Advent Children in Japanese: 10000000000/5 =D
    Advent Children in English: Straight to DVD, can be found by rummaging around in the bottom of the specials bins in two-dollar stores...

Seriously...WHY SQUARE ENIX, WHY HIRE SUCH A FAILURE ENGLISH CAST? WHY EVEN PUT ENGLISH ON THERE? :'(

Do comment below, I want to know if I'm the only one

Ever wondered what happened to the Remnants? Was Yazoo ur fave character from FF7? Read my FanFiction @ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7302433/...er_Had_A_Story

Sig by The Fallen Angel24

Asking all the personal questions. Advent children rage!!!!! RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Re: Advent children rage!!!!!

I must disagree with most parts of you opinion.

The only characters I had a problem with is that of Yuffie, Kidaj and his gang and Cid.
    Cid I think needed someone like TheClint Eastwood to portray him that would have been a perfect match a real deep husky and experienced voice even Barrets I didn't really like to much he reminds me of Mr T maybe they should have cast him.

But I agree with the actors who voice Kadaj and his brothers the sound so immature and childish, I suppose that is what they were trying to go for childish spoilt kids craving attention.

Cloud I think is good the actor sounds calm and cool, Vincent is superb as well and whoever does Cait Sith is exceptionally really captured his personality.

But I haven't watched it in Japanese so I couldn't say if it is better one way or the other.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Go watch it in Japanese with english subs asap, legit you'll think its 100x better
    Ever wondered what happened to the Remnants? Was Yazoo ur fave character from FF7? Read my FanFiction @ http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7302433/...er_Had_A_Story

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Advent children rage!!!!! Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i.aM.BlissKaZE View Post
    I fkin love Advent Children. Its the best movie I've ever watched. The graphics are amazing, the characters are amazing, the music is amazing, the story is amazing...
    I stooped reading after this... =(

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I actually enjoyed Advent Children's English cast, i do believe they got some of the voices spot on in regards to sounding what i thought the characters would sound like. I do agree, there are some points in the movie where i cringe at the terrible delivery of the lines, but we must remember that it was intended originally for a Japanese audience and we only really get a 'dubbed' version of sorts.

Maybe i'm just more lenient when it comes to the movie because of my bias
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Both versions of the movie sucked.

Movie was worst then Spirits Within.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Crash Boom Bang Advent children rage!!!!! Lily's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Im not sure that's even possible lol

Anyway, most of the cast I thought were ok, some I just can't remember, I recall thinking Aeris sounded nasal. Unless Im confusing her with KH Aeris... either way, one of them I thought was godawful

Cait Sith just makes me cringe

Loz... or was it yazoo... one of them was just appalling.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Advent children rage!!!!! Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Okay, The Movie In General Was Bad-Ass. Graphics Were Frikkin' Epic, No Ifs Ands, Or But's About It. I Loved This Movie, It Was Too Siick! I Only Saw The English Version, And I Thought That The Characters' Voices Were Actually Pretty Good. I Had No Problems With It Whatsoever.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Ravensoul

I watched for the sake of this thread a few parts of the movie in english.. but I couldn't stand it any longer...

My fave is the japanese too.. though Vincent's voice in the german version is pretty good. But in the end I'm a fan of the original voices after all.. I don't like dubs of japanese films/anime. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensoul View Post
    I watched for the sake of this thread a few parts of the movie in english.. but I couldn't stand it any longer...

My fave is the japanese too.. though Vincent's voice in the german version is pretty good. But in the end I'm a fan of the original voices after all.. I don't like dubs of japanese films/anime. xD
    ^Completely agree with you on everything you just said, Japanese films should STAY JAPANESE XD

Prime example Jing King of Bandits. Manga = Epic, Film = Epic, English dubbed Film= Just no.

Queen Advent children rage!!!!! Crescent's Avatar

i.aM.BlissKaZE

I agree with everything you stated. I thought I was the only one. I couldnt endure it. It was horrible. It does no justice to the original thats right ppl the original meaning the Japanese version I heard Yuffie and Aerith in English in the movie and ESPECIALLY at AERITH. She sounds like what a corpse would sound if it spoke fluently. I havent heard the others (Kadaj, Rufus etc), only Sephiroth and Cloud (played Kingdom Hearts) and Vincent (accidentally clicked on a DoC clip in English on Youtube). Now I honestly think Sephiroth and Vincent (esp Vincent's) English voices are hot. They got it right there. Cloud's is um...lets go with meh. Obviously they put an english version so it would appeal to the mass market and those that bag the japanese version - THEY MADE THE GAME YOU INGRATES - and woah those FFVII yaoi fanfics and deviant fanart. I think their GROSS. Im not into that yaoi stuff but now if it were me with a hot FFVII guy

Riding the waves of adventure Advent children rage!!!!! RainingOasis's Avatar

I actually didn't think the voice actors were that bad, they were pretty good in my opinion. I haven't watched it in japanese yet, so who knows my opinion might change.
    Enjoying the ride of life, one adventure at a time

Sargeant Tastycakes Advent children rage!!!!! dustinpro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Both versions of the movie sucked.

Loaf (awesome name,btw) hit the nail on the head.
    Advent blew throaty chunks.
    Square's a w*ore.
    Toodles.

I agree Final Fantasy VII Advent Children ****IN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My girlfriend agrees too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will save the world Advent children rage!!!!! Hero without a Name's Avatar

I watched FF7 Advent Children....and I didn't hate it....I liked it. I think the whole children thing was an interesting choice. I did like Reno and Rude personally, I those those two were boss. Though the fact that Rufus was "still alive" even though he was dead in the game...I dunno, didn't really like that loophole. Then again people will be like "there were so many loopholes" Yadda yadda yadda.

The scene when the party came back, that was pretty boss. Tifa looked awesome. Cloud looked awesome and Vincent.....just yes. A freaking boss! I liked the fighting scenes, the movie was a little slow at the beginning for me but overall. I liked it.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Registered User Advent children rage!!!!! NeoAquarius12's Avatar

I liked a majority of the English voices. I think they fit the characters pretty well. That goes for the main cast at least.

The only ones that frustrated me were Loz and Kadaj. It might even be the ridiulous lines they say. How many times is Loz going to tell us he's not crying?

The best voiced character is Rude though. Crispin Freeman knows what's up.