Thread: Yup...this thread again

Ayyye Yup...this thread again Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yup...this thread again

I've recently developed a hankering to play FF V once again. My question to you is this: Which version is the most difficult? I know there are different ways to factor in the challenging aspect, but I want a GOOD challenge, not something hard because of bugs and game breaking BS. I can never find a direct answer. My main concern is overall normal gameplay and the super bosses. I've heard that Omega and Shinryu in the Advance version are a lot easier than the original, even the upgrades don't compare. I never did challenge these two behemoths in their debut game, but I think I could sacrifice such an experience if the final super boss of FF V Advance puts up a better challenge. But if Advance is toned down...do not want.

I don't wanna pull another FF IV Advance and feel accomplished only to discover I beat the easy version.

While we're at it, how does FF VI Advance stack up to FF III SNES? I played through the Advance version and only played like halfway through the SNES version, though they felt about the same (as far as that part goes)

Advance FF5 is the only one that has the extra dungeons so it's the best, difficulty wise. And the graphics are superior. FFVI Advance has extra stuff too. "Like the other Game Boy Advance re-releases, several extra features were added, including the new dungeons Dragons' Den and Soul Shrine, and a new superboss, Kaiser Dragon." I heard the sound quality is shitty though.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 11-16-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Consistently Average Yup...this thread again Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's nothing wrong with VI Advance's music/sound effects from what I've played (everything up to Kefka's Tower). What were some of the examples?
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Just read some comments on gamefaqs. Quite a few people there complained.

PS: Just bought FF6 gba on amazon after learning it has extra content. Now I'm pretty much set.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 11-16-2014 at 11:33 PM.