Thread: Will Square Enix remake this??

I like to lol. Will Square Enix remake this?? ExQuentin's Avatar

Will Square Enix remake this??

Do you think Square Enix will remake FFV because it's past two predecessors both had 3D graphics.. And this one has 2D. I hope they do remake it for either DS or PSP.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Will Square Enix remake this?? Treize's Avatar

Re: Will Square Enix remake this??

Knowing Square-Enix, they will probably remake all of their Final Fantasy games including Final Fantasy V at least once. <_< There wasn't really a need to remake Final Fantasy IV, but they did it anyway, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they decided to do it for other Final Fantasy games either.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Magically Delicous Will Square Enix remake this?? Merlin's Avatar

I wouldn't mind if they didn't, honestly. Compared to IV and VI, the storyline in this game was pretty bad.
    Spoiler:
    Bartz was with 2 smoking-hot chicks the entire game and NOTHING HAPPENED. The game ends and he never even makes a move on either one. Yes, they are princesses but still. He must've liked dudes. ^_^

I did really enjoy the battle system though, besides the fact that many of the jobs made your chars look like they were fashion victims.

I want to play a game. Will Square Enix remake this?? Zargabaath's Avatar

Recently a producer from SE, Shinji Hashimoto had been tweeting about some of the working of the company. He tweeted that they were looking into remaking Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI for the DS ( I would prefer the PSP but oh well) but that they were running into technical issues with both games. So whether or not they get remade is undecided at the moment. It should be said that there is nothing wrong with 2-D but it would be awesome seeing Bartz as a Dancer in 3-D - one of the coolest outfits in FF.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 05-24-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Certified tech, come at me! Will Square Enix remake this?? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    Recently a producer from SE, Shinji Hashimoto had been tweeting about some of the working of the company. He tweeted that they were looking into remaking Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI for the DS ( I would prefer the PSP but oh well) but that they were running into technical issues with both games. So whether or not they get remade is undecided at the moment. It should be said that there is nothing wrong with 2-D but it would be awesome seeing Bartz as a Dancer in 3-D - one of the coolest outfist in FF.

If they're running into technical issues, do you think they are going to wait and see what the 3DS is capable of and remake the games to that handheld?
    Currently Playing:

I honestly think that they won't remake it for the psp or the ds

Bananarama Will Square Enix remake this?? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope they retract this game from the series, or do a MASSIVE overhaul. I hated it and really don't consider it anywhere on par with the other games in the series. Maybe it's just because it's sandwiched between the powerhouses of IV and VI, and that makes it glaringly shitty by comparison, but everything about it was weak.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I hope they retract this game from the series, or do a MASSIVE overhaul. I hated it and really don't consider it anywhere on par with the other games in the series. Maybe it's just because it's sandwiched between the powerhouses of IV and VI, and that makes it glaringly shitty by comparison, but everything about it was weak.
    You didn't even like the class system at all? I thought even though I like FF4 and 6 a lot better overall, I found myself replaying through FF5 the most just because the game was easy to get into and had a lot of customization compared to the other two games.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

The customization was alright, but it was such a bitch to master certain classes, and I would always get so impatient with grinding. I usually have no problem grinding, say with like VI or IV, but this was just too long and drawn out of an experience. I wound up getting stuck in a shitty spot where I was just TOO far in the middle. I had the option of either spending days fighting super weak enemies for very little experience, or getting my ass handed to me by higher level enemies. There wasn't a happy medium, and I was lazy, so I said **** it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The customization was alright, but it was such a bitch to master certain classes, and I would always get so impatient with grinding. I usually have no problem grinding, say with like VI or IV, but this was just too long and drawn out of an experience. I wound up getting stuck in a shitty spot where I was just TOO far in the middle. I had the option of either spending days fighting super weak enemies for very little experience, or getting my ass handed to me by higher level enemies. There wasn't a happy medium, and I was lazy, so I said **** it.
    ah fair enough, yeah some classes are indeed a grindfest to master. And yeah I know what you mean, leveling is a chore in that game until you get to the very end, I almost don't even bother mastering any classes until I get to the last dungeon, otherwise it's just a hassle.

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

Yeah, it was most certainly a hassle, and when I started, I was very much in the "oh shit, I got new classes, I want to use them now" mode, instead of actually mastering the ones I was working on at that moment. I really screwed myself over, and it probably led to my current feelings on the game. Maybe if I get some free time, I'll try and play it again, but I REALLY don't know if I'll be able to do it. It was that bad of an experience lol.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Will Square Enix remake this?? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I think they will eventually make it for DS like III and IV. Not yet though. It seems SE has more important things to worry about at the moment, so a V remake is most likely not in the works, but probably soon-ish.

Registered User Will Square Enix remake this?? Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

I do think they'll make a remake for it, but i hope that this only leads onto a remake of FFVI for ds/psp because i prefer it to FFV. But i liked Boco, the chocobo, hehe

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

Learner Will Square Enix remake this?? CloudTide's Avatar

Yeah im currently playing it now
    and its so far awesome
    so yeah i hope they remake it
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Certified tech, come at me! Will Square Enix remake this?? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think FFV deserves its remake. A 3DS version will be mindblowing, I just hope they'll have good developed characters, and I also hope that the music will be as good as the SNES version. It sucks when a great song is butchered whenever the game system the game its ported to.

Spoiler:
    Bartz was with 2 smoking-hot chicks the entire game and NOTHING HAPPENED. The game ends and he never even makes a move on either one. Yes, they are princesses but still. He must've liked dudes. ^_^
    I think the nothing happened business is a pretty far-fetched statement. They DID go on an adventure, they DID stop a great evil from causing destruction. Sure there wasn't much in character development but FFV is still pretty good for what it was, unless of course, you'd rather have a Mystic Quest sequel
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    I think the nothing happened business is a pretty far-fetched statement. They DID go on an adventure, they DID stop a great evil from causing destruction. Sure there wasn't much in character development but FFV is still pretty good for what it was, unless of course, you'd rather have a Mystic Quest sequel
    +rep, I see what he did there rofl.

#LOCKE4GOD Will Square Enix remake this?? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This thread is a bit old, but hey.

I think V deserves a remake, and I also think that it is hated on unjustifiably. The story lacked, admittedly, but IV's was horribly convoluted and difficult to follow. No sense comparing it to VI as that always out-performs even contemporary games. However, Galuf dying was a pretty powerful moment for this era.

The gameplay is the feature of this game that makes it so damn fantastic. The customisation was incredible. X-2 nerfed the job system. They had already developed the perfect system many moons beforehand. I just hope they leave it intact. The only change I would seek would be greater experience and job point rewards from enemies, as Pete mentioned.

Teh Future Mod :3 Will Square Enix remake this?? Jenova's Avatar

chances are. because they already remade FFIV twice now, so they'll porobaly do V then VI

SPOILER!!:
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mack911GT
    My TBP Profile: http://www.thepokemonboard.com/member.php?u=414

Once I become mod, I shall RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!!!!!!

The game.. you just lost it

Sabin

Sabin

I always thought of V as less serious then the rest of the games. It was more of a relaxed and comedy filled journey then a "HOLY CRUD, THE WORLD IS GOING TO END! GO!GO!GO!" like IV and VI. I see it as a nice breath between 2 more serious stories.

As for a remake, I really wish they remade VI instead of IV. IV is a nice game and all, but I wish VI was the one that was remade. I think it had the most to gain with a 3D remake. V is just fine as it is.

Controlling With Fear Will Square Enix remake this?? Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mineteaser View Post
    I always thought of V as less serious then the rest of the games. It was more of a relaxed and comedy filled journey then a "HOLY CRUD, THE WORLD IS GOING TO END! GO!GO!GO!" like IV and VI. I see it as a nice breath between 2 more serious stories.

As for a remake, I really wish they remade VI instead of IV. IV is a nice game and all, but I wish VI was the one that was remade. I think it had the most to gain with a 3D remake. V is just fine as it is.
    I agree, i would love to see a new IV.

Registered User Will Square Enix remake this?? lovehearty42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    I think FFV deserves its remake... It sucks when a great song is butchered whenever the game system the game its ported to.
    YES! I totally agree with this! I almost wet myself when I heard the Black Mages rendition of the final boss music! As far as the SNES version goes, I think they did a wonderful job with the technology they had available. Maybe it's just me, but the synthesis of the music in FFVII is horrible by comparison (please note that I am not referring to composition). FFVII was in some ways, just a big earsore waiting to happen.

I really hope they remake FF5. The story wasn't as intertwined and deep as in FF6 or maybe FF4, but was it worse than FF1's or FF2's or FF3's? No it wasn't. It was on par with them for sure. Music was great, class system was more refined than FF3's. Some say it took too long to buff the classes. Sure, this could be fixed easily and is not something worth dipping the game into shit, Chad Q. Billingsley.