Thread: What are your thoughts on the PS1 port of FFIV?

Certified tech, come at me! What are your thoughts on the PS1 port of FFIV? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What are your thoughts on the PS1 port of FFIV?

I got a chance to try out the PS1 port of this game at my sister's place recently and I was surprised at the quality of the port. The game ran at proper speed without delay, the soundtrack was just as good as the SNES original, and the translation is really well written. I was pretty blown away by the effort square had put into on the rewritten translation for FFIV to western audiences. What did you personally think of the port? and do you recommend it to anyone looking to pick up the FF Chronicles collection?
    Currently Playing:

I want to play a game. What are your thoughts on the PS1 port of FFIV? Zargabaath's Avatar
    I thought the translation was the same as the snes version. Pretty sure about that.

It was my first version of FF IV. Not bad, but I prefer the advance version. I have yet to play the psp complete collection version.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I don't know why FFIV ran better than FFVI on the PS1 Port.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Don't trust PS ports. Only Nintendo can do it right. Take Crono Trigger for example, for DS. Best port every. Flawless and perfect.

Consistently Average What are your thoughts on the PS1 port of FFIV? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I was to pick between this and the Advance version, I'd go with the handheld (there's no contest when it comes to FFV). Not to mention it's probably a lot cheaper too. From what I can understand the Complete Collection on the PSP uses the original translation and gameplay when compared to the DS version, so there's always that option too. It's funny how much love IV has gotten when it took so long for V and VI to get put on another system.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Kain's love slave ;) What are your thoughts on the PS1 port of FFIV? Holly Highwind's Avatar
    Well FF4 for the PSP is the best version for sure!! The PS One version was pretty good though, it was a lot better than the one they put on the PS One for FF6 I cant say Im too disappointed with it, but it makes no sense why the others werent as well done.
    ***Holly Highwind***