View Poll Results: What system do you want FF6 remade on?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wii

7 17.50%
  • DS/3DS

20 50.00%
  • Both

13 32.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see FF6 remade on??

Teh Future Mod :3 What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Jenova's Avatar

What would you like to see FF6 remade on??

I would like to see it done on both, personally. It would make for better sales so you could have a home version and a portable version.

SPOILER!!:
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mack911GT
    My TBP Profile: http://www.thepokemonboard.com/member.php?u=414

Once I become mod, I shall RULE WITH AN IRON FIST!!!!!!

The game.. you just lost it

.............. What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? smurphy's Avatar

Re: What would you like to see FF6 remade on??

How about neither? If I want a remake of VI I would like to see it on a console I actually use and that isnt gathering dust in the corner. As well as that if there does have to be a remake of VI, I would like to see it done with the production values it deserves and frankly the hardware limitations of the Wii and DS/3DS dont cut it. Square Enix should treat their back catalogue with more respect and release proper remakes instead of the cashcows on the Nintendo consoles.

PS . Shouldnt this thread be in the FF VI forum area?
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Yes it should, I keep on clicking on the wrong forum and make a new thread :<

SPOILER!!:

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    How about neither? If I want a remake of VI I would like to see it on a console I actually use and that isnt gathering dust in the corner. As well as that if there does have to be a remake of VI, I would like to see it done with the production values it deserves and frankly the hardware limitations of the Wii and DS/3DS dont cut it. Square Enix should treat their back catalogue with more respect and release proper remakes instead of the cashcows on the Nintendo consoles.

PS . Shouldnt this thread be in the FF VI forum area?
    Well, the original FFI-VI were all on Nintendo consoles, but then again, the Nintendo and Super Nintendo were the highlights of the console generation back then (except for the Sega Genesis, of course). I would love another FF sprite adventure one day, but that's probably not going to happen.

I would like to see a DS version of VI so I could take it around and play. I don't like having to dedicate a single spot to play my video games which is why I like the portable stuff, cause I can play it anywhere; but I would LOVE to see a console version as well because the production values can be put to use so much more.
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I don't know how to move this thread but you might want to before you get a warning lol

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Quote Originally Posted by o0Odin0o View Post
    I don't know how to move this thread but you might want to before you get a warning lol
    Can't an Admin?? ill Vm or Pm one

SPOILER!!:

Both.

Why? Because personally, if it has to be a Nintendo remake like all the rest (although more serious graphics would suit this game more) than both systems should have it. But, I think the Wii should definitely have it and that's not only because I own 2 of them. xD

But the proper system would most likely be PSP. I think it could handle it. But looking at the new DS coming out, the sharp, beautiful graphics it can emulate is perfect as well

By Colours
    ~Universal Esper~

How about none of those selections?

I'd rather only see a PSP remake like they did for FF1, FF2, FFT and soon FFIV and FFIV:After Years
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Okay.
    I rather it honestly o a PS system because the current abilities this system can do would surpass the Ninendos attempts

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Death Before Dishonor What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First off I don't see the Wii as a choice. I doubt that this game will ever be remade for the Wii, and if they did then they would ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post

I'd rather only see a PSP remake like they did for FF1, FF2, FFT and soon FFIV and FFIV:After Years
    This.

The FF games put out on the PSP system have all been excellent. I think in the future we will see this game put out for this system.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Before the 3DS was confirmed to have Gamecube/Wii level (or close to) graphics, I wanted the Wii. FFVI deserved better than a 64bit console after all. I mean I loved III and IV on there but VI is something else and it needs to be on a more powerful console.

But with the 3DS, I'd rather see it there than the Wii. I love the portability of FF games. Without the GBA I'd never have played FFI, II and VI after all.

The 3D effect doesn't bother me, although it could add a great new way to show the Espers in action, but if Square-Enix continue to do their remakes, hopefully we will get V and VI on the more powerful console soon as I've still never played V, and really want a version that can be better than the GBA for VI. It is my 2nd fave FF game after all

Badass Military Agent What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

I think i might have been the only one that picked Wii since it only has 1 vote lol, yeah i say the Wii just because, if they were remaking the game, then obviously it would be for graphics so the Wii would be the best choice for me. I just hope they don't ruin it by making it nun-chuck only

Also like I do in any and every thread, forum or post I make, I refer to FF6 still as FF3 because I originally played it on SNES so it's always FF3 in my heart, FFVI is for the people who want to be politically correct about it... but that's off-topic

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Before 3DS, I would have said DS. But if there is a DS remake, it will be 3D, so I'm changing my mind to PSP. Why? PSP needs more RPG love, and it is getting a lot of it this year. With FFI and II already on PSP, plus a remake of FFIV coming out, I say why not V and VI?

My couch pulls out but I don't. What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? midgetbob's Avatar

I also wanted a "neither" option. I'd much rather see it on a console. PS3 preferably.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

Hey.... those are the only two console options? 3DS though for suuure.

___________ What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Kyreaan's Avatar

I would have to agree with zantetsuken.

The FFII has already been remastered and released for the PSP, so having other early games you could fit onto UMD-like small formats, etc., would just widen market with the PSP popularity. I've only seen Crisis Core-FF7 and FFII out for PSP.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Hey.... those are the only two console options? 3DS though for suuure.
    *laughs*
    Forgot about that one, and the NGP.
    Tho the NGP is close to ps3 graphics and easily capable of producing Ps2 graphics, so... I vote for NGP (Next generation portable or Psp2)

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see it on the DS. PSP would be better, but the DS might feel better.

Also, I want it in 2D. I can't play the FFIII remake I have because it's 3D, and I hate it. I like playing original 2D games on my handhelds. ><

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Out of those choices i would rather it be on the Wii. The DS is a terrible gimmick where gameplay is FORCED on two screens. One always becomes the menu or map and the other becomes the actual play screen. 3DS adds the terribly unessecary 3D features. 3D is not a step forward like black and white to color or even standard def to high def, it's all for gimmiks sake. Games like Trauma center on the Wii proves how unnecessary it can be for any DS game to have 2 screens instead of one. Pokemon proves that all functions could easily be solved with a start menu because both screens never need to be used in tandem.

The game is never gonna be completely remade into a fully 3D adventure so porting it is really the only option and for that I'd want it on the Wii since I have refused to buy DS especially when it abandoned backwards compatiblity after 1 model (add 4 more gimmicky models to lure suckers into rebuying the system on top of that)

If PSP actually ever worked as a portable playstion I would of liked that system more. instead rebuy all your movies and have inferior games to originals (ala GTAs). If they made it an inch and a half taller/wider it could fit real disks and actually be a portable playstation.
    Playstaion ID: Setzer_All-in

- "Phoenix Downs are your friends. But remember Cloud they don't always work. I'm looking at yooou Aeris"

-"Immortal maybe... but not invincible!" -Prince (of Persia)

alicia_2o06

I say DS, just because I don't own a psp, haha.

I want FFVI remade on the PSP in a similar fashion they remade FFIV recently. Totally re-done hi def graphics, updated script, all the works.

I don't want a DS remake like they did with III and IV. The character designs were ugly. If you're not going to give it a remake with full-blown 3D graphics, like PS3 graphics, then just leave it in 2D with updated graphics. Don't half-ass it like you did with the DS remakes.
    Last edited by Cereal~Killer; 05-10-2011 at 05:35 PM.

I want it the same way they remade FFIV for PSP. And I want it for PSP too! I'd love that.

Found that on Google, and wrote the text :3

All is One.One is All. What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Firefly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post

I absolutely agree with this ^ :] (even though FFIV is already released xD I just quoted the first thing I saw that I agreed with lol!)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Passing fair judgement What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I like the PSP idea, I voted Wii just because it may have been cool to use the wiimote and the nunchuk for stuff.

I liked the PSP remake of the other FF so it would be cool to see how they did FFVI.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

MoogleTerra

Both so more players will have access to the game~

If they're going to remake it, I'd like it to be for an actual console, and not a portable, and I'd like for them to throw some REAL marketing behind it, instead of back-burnering it. If they're going to just slap it together and whore the game out, I'd have no desire to play that.

Part of what was cool about Final Fantasy VI when it came out was that the characters now had discernable forms, i.e. they looked like people instead of blocks. You could tell if Locke was laughing, if Cyan was angry.

This kind of thinking must be present in the basic design philosophy behind a remake, or they risk just offending their old fanbase even more.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Personally, i'd love to see it remade on the DS, mainly because it's the only portable console i use regularly.
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ

Master couch potato What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Peachesonfire2012's Avatar

Cool Re: What would you like to see FF6 remade on??

if there were to ba a remake then i would prefer it to be on a Sony system like the psp or the psp vita. Nintendo is great. but who had FF 1-12 remade and made for? none other than Sony's PS and PS2. the two greatest RPG machines ever made.
    Some people call it Stupidity. I call it miss-information.

bradstrong

XBOX 360, because I own it!

Bananarama What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On one hand, I'd love to see the steampunk world of FFVI fleshed out and done up in top of the line graphics. I think it would be awesome to see the world as it was truly envisioned by the creators.

On the other hand, I know SquareEnix will **** it up. They're glaze over half the story, turn Terra and Locke into androgynous characters and the game will lose a lot of it's charm, because for whatever reason Squeenix will sacrifice story for pretty graphics, voice acting that doesn't quite fit, and either completely cut out Celes' song, or have some Jap singer butcher it in a pop remix.

There's also a certain charm, and a very distinct and yet sure and powerful way for the characters to show their emotions via sprites. You can read the text, hear the music and see the character to feel the emotion of the scene. No need for overly flashy cutscenes and wooden voice acting.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast