View Poll Results: What system do you want FF6 remade on?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wii

7 17.50%
  • DS/3DS

20 50.00%
  • Both

13 32.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would you like to see FF6 remade on??

Re: What would you like to see FF6 remade on??

Only on PSP.

Looking at how Nintendo messed up FFIII and make it with silly 3D graphics, I say no thanks!

Heroine of Justice! What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Super Tifa's Avatar

I would like to see it on the PS systems Rather than in the Nintendo's. The FFS in the PSP seemed all great.

Why does the tide of opinion seem to be "keep it on a portable system?"

They clearly use the portables for their "back-burner" marketing, i.e., things that they want to put out, but really don't feel like spending the money to tell people about. This gives the impression to me that they are embarrassed of their old-school Final Fantasies in some way, when I don't see any reason why they should be. It's highly schizophrenic.

I say again (not meaning to be domineering, of course), that they really ought to try putting a remake of 6 out with some confidence. They crafted a kickASS game back in the day, and they really don't need to change much about the basic design philosophy, they just ought to dress it up so that it's pretty. I'm thinking "Legend Of Mana" style graphics, ya know? Not in that cutesy of a style, but with that level of detail. And the music should be redone with some real recording weight, in the vein of Konami's great games Sympony of the Night and even Rondo of Blood. Get some guys in a recording studio to put some REAL power chords on that battle theme, get a guy on a REAL Hammond B3 organ to play "The Decisive Battle." Do it up pretty!

And they should be, as I said above, confident in the way they release it. Put it up on a pedestal and say "We made a kickass game, and you really ought to play it. Do yourself a favor, if you haven't already. And if you did play it back when, here's a treat!"

I'm tired of them back-burnering these projects. They should be celebrating these classics; it's not like they're anything to sneeze at.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Registered User What would you like to see FF6 remade on??

Now I'd say go for Wii-U, Nintendo will be Graphically ahead for a change for a little bit at least.

And I need it to be a Nintendo system, otherwise it's not an option for me.

usavictor

Both, really.

Elementalist What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? IcyJJ's Avatar

Out of those choices, I say DS/3DS. I would love to add a classic RPG to my 3DS collection.
    Chill the body, freeze the soul. ~ Maya, Legaia 2

Having it on Vita would be cool, as well as FFV.

I say that it should be released on the Wii U, PS3, and Xbox360 because FF6 deserves to be re-released on a home console. There are a lot of things that can be done with 3D that couldn't be done before, such as Sabin's Blitzs being in more detail, and I really want to see the final boss battle done in 3D. I really want to see the Opera scene with actual voices, and having all of the music redone with a full orchestra would be fantastic. The only thing I'm worried about is that I do not want to see the opera scene done with English lyrics; it should either be in Japanese or Italian.
    Should FF6 be remade, Square needs to go all out, and put it up to FFXIII's graphic standards.

Registered User What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? EmperorLeo's Avatar

I'm incredibly torn by this because I realize that a remake would take away some of the memories I have of the game on PSX and GBA. Separating myself from the nostalgia, I then have to think about if I'd just like retouched graphics, or a full blown 3D world. After giving FFIV a chance on the DS, I really didn't like the look of it. I thought it was a nice try and the different elements of the game that actually made it challenging was refreshing, but I didn't really enjoy the way the game looked visually. I thought the characters looked too big or small for the enemies I was fighting that took away from it. Like, Red Giants didn't really feel like red giants when you compare the size difference from the SNES/PSX game, you know? So I would have to go with touched up graphics, especially after just finishing up IV on the psp.
    Now I have to think of the console to place it on. Out of all the consoles, I have to instantly remove 360 from the list because they've NEVER done a release on the 360. Now that leaves Wii U/PS3/3DS/PSPVita. Out of those, I have to remove the consoles, not because I want to, but because there's no way they would retouch a game with high-def sprites on a console. That leaves the vita and the 3ds, which also lets me lean towards the Vita, but if they were to actually do this, I bet they would release it on both of them.

Fighter What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Hunter T's Avatar

I think a remake shouldn't be done on the DS, but the 3DS. I can already see how awesome this would look if they did it right (please do not let there be flat overworlds). The 3D would make it outstanding.

3DS would be nice as well.

Android.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Just kind of there. What would you like to see FF6 remade on?? Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Frankly I'd like to see a full blown from the ground up remake on the PS3.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter T View Post
    I think a remake shouldn't be done on the DS, but the 3DS. I can already see how awesome this would look if they did it right (please do not let there be flat overworlds). The 3D would make it outstanding.
    Yes. A remake on 3DS would just be awesome!!!

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

For the Android. My Note 2 needs it badly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2