View Poll Results: Who's your favorite character?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terra

4 33.33%
  • Locke

2 16.67%
  • Edgar

5 41.67%
  • Sabin

4 33.33%
  • Celes

2 16.67%
  • Cyan

3 25.00%
  • Shadow

1 8.33%
  • Gau

2 16.67%
  • Setzer

2 16.67%
  • Mog

2 16.67%
  • Strago

1 8.33%
  • Relm

2 16.67%
  • Umaro

1 8.33%
  • Gogo

2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What do you like best about FFVI?

MoogleTerra

What do you like best about FFVI?

I know this is a rather vague question, and broad because it could extend into many things, but I wonder this from time to time.
    What is so appealing to others about FFVI? What do you like/love/ or even hate about it? What makes you want to play it again and again?

For me, it's the fact that there's a lot of memories attached to the game. I grew up playing it, heck I even learned to read when I was four playing it. My mother, father, and brothers all played it, and we all had fun doing so.
    Every time I play, my mind races back to a time when my mother told me to pay attention to what the characters said so I would know what to do. I remember my eldest brother telling me to "just press 'A.'"
    Another part of why I love the game is that the story is so moving, the characters are so engaging, the game play is very fun to me because I love walking around for hours leveling up, and it's pleasing to the eyes.
    That's all for now, enjoy discussing this~

Re: What do you like best about FFVI?

None of those choices makes me play FFVI again.

Ok maybe Setzer but that's Sezter.

General Leo I play the game

LEOOOOOOOOO
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

MoogleTerra

Hahaha, Leo is awesome~

That guy. What do you like best about FFVI? Hot Shot's Avatar

The variety of charcters, the plot, the music and battle system...So pretty much every aspect of the game makes me play it.

The Persistent Flourish What do you like best about FFVI? Alice's Avatar

I am such a Terra fanboy. I have to say Terra is my absolute favourite character. I really love how her character is structured, her story, everything, really. I would say so much more but I'm really out of the writing mood..

FFVI itself, I can't say there is something I like the most about it (minus Terra, hehhh). It has so many memorable moments and each character is amazing on there own, storywise or gameplay wise. I think that's another thing that appeals to me, that most of them can hold their own, and there is no specific main character.

EDIT: Holy crap I haven't posted on TFF in *forever*.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What do you like best about FFVI? Xanatos's Avatar

Terra and Locke are among my favorite characters, Terra due to her potential and kind nature, and Locke for his attitude and deep but sad background, though what I truly love about this game is it's griping story full of shocking moments, and a bloody good villain.

Kefka is brilliant, true embodiment of cruelty and evil, despite huge disadvantage he managed to seize the right opportunity and to accomplish his goals even though it may be for a short notice. I almost forgot to mention superb music Final Fantasy VI has blessed us with.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Final Fantasy I-XIII = LOVE! What do you like best about FFVI? NeonLotus76's Avatar

I love everything about Final Fantasy III. The characters, graphics, music, story, and atmosphere it's really a perfect entry in the series.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

My Final Fantasy Timeline ~

Final Fantasy (NES)
    Final Fantasy III (Super Nintendo) (My Favorite)
    Final Fantasy VII (PS1) (My Favorite)
    Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
    Final Fantasy IX (PS1)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
    Final Fantasy X (PS2)
    Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
    Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

Final Fantasy VI is unique in the series in that it doesn't come off as though they're trying to prove anything. They knew they'd just scored a killer one-two punch with Final Fantasy IV and V (in Japan anyway), and decided to take a victory lap. The art department was given a blank check, and told to have fun. This joy, this absolute reveling in their creation, gives a powerful voice to the game as a whole.

They knew they were getting good at making RPGs, and they didn't care what anyone else was doing at the time. That kind of confidence comes through in every aspect of the design, from the daring artwork of the monsters to the soaring musical score.

In particular, the musical score is just freaking amazing. I don't think the music in a Final Fantasy game has ever sounded so amazing. It isn't the arrangements themselves, or even that each character was given their own musical leitmotif, but in the attention to timbre and flourish, the sheer flamenco tension and release element of it. The music makes the game world seem "alive."

And I don't care what anyone says about Aeris' death. This game's player punch, for someone who's gotten emotionally involved with the characters, just shakes you to the core. It strips away everything and leaves you with only the sense that you must continue, and then pays it off spectacularly!

I could go on and on about how this game is the bomb, but there's no need. I wish they'd really do it up purty on a modern console. It'd be very powerful.

rhh3713

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    Final Fantasy VI is unique in the series in that it doesn't come off as though they're trying to prove anything. They knew they'd just scored a killer one-two punch with Final Fantasy IV and V (in Japan anyway), and decided to take a victory lap. The art department was given a blank check, and told to have fun. This joy, this absolute reveling in their creation, gives a powerful voice to the game as a whole.

They knew they were getting good at making RPGs, and they didn't care what anyone else was doing at the time. That kind of confidence comes through in every aspect of the design, from the daring artwork of the monsters to the soaring musical score.

In particular, the musical score is just freaking amazing. I don't think the music in a Final Fantasy game has ever sounded so amazing. It isn't the arrangements themselves, or even that each character was given their own musical leitmotif, but in the attention to timbre and flourish, the sheer flamenco tension and release element of it. The music makes the game world seem "alive."

And I don't care what anyone says about Aeris' death. This game's player punch, for someone who's gotten emotionally involved with the characters, just shakes you to the core. It strips away everything and leaves you with only the sense that you must continue, and then pays it off spectacularly!

I could go on and on about how this game is the bomb, but there's no need. I wish they'd really do it up purty on a modern console. It'd be very powerful.
    I have not wanted to play any game so badly after reading somebodies description of it, I just started VI a few days ago while mainly focusing on IX but now I think I'm going to have to focus on VI for awhile.

Bananarama What do you like best about FFVI? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, what's not to like about this game. It's abaolutely brilliant in almost every aspect. The characters are beyond likable; shit, they're downright endearing. Each character has a fairly deep backstory, and yet no one story feels like it's forced upon the gamer to undertake.

My personal favorite characters really vary upon each play, which is extremely rare in a game. It's almost like I get a new sense of each character and their motivations. You can either chalk that up to me being significantly older each time I fire it up, or that it's just that good. Currently I'm a big fan of Locke and Celes.

The things i love the most about this game though, are the genre and the customization of charactera. I still find the whole steampunk look to be absolutely incredible, and it honestly makes me hope for this game to be remade on a current system just so the developers dream and vision could be fully realized.

As for the cuatomization, i love that each character has their own set class or unique type of special skill set. It makes each character unique and gives you something to think about before going into a boss fight. The magic and summon systems are brilliant as well; learning magic from various espers and finagling your party to try and learn everything with a grinding micromanagement schedule is really something that is a lost art in rpgs.

Man i can go on for hours...
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I will save the world What do you like best about FFVI? Hero without a Name's Avatar

Sezter is my opinion was just a boss of a character, granted he wasn't the strongest. He's just a cool cat. As for me, I voted for Sabin because I honestly think he is one of the most powerful final fantasy characters of all time, yet isn't regarded as one of the top tier. Sure he can do 9999 damage like 100 times, but he was the tank of my party from beginning to end. Like a boss!

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan