Thread: Useless!

All is One.One is All. Useless! Firefly's Avatar

Thumbs down Useless!

Who in your opinon was the most useless or worst playable character in this game(GBA and/or DS Versions)? ( Apologies if there is already a thread like this )

....In my opinon,Edward was useless in both GBA and DS.The only way he was near handy was maybe to hide and revive people with Phoenix Downs if my party got wiped.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Passing fair judgement Useless! Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Re: Useless!

I never thought of anyone as "useless", some were just less usefull than others. I actually put Edward to good use, or at least as useful as he could be lol.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I want to play a game. Useless! Zargabaath's Avatar

I believe in the GBA version Edward was pretty damn useful. His weapons were a lot better during the time you had him. Plus you could use him for the final parts of the game. Now they reverted him to his weakling stature in the DS version. But in one version of Final Fantasy IV, Edward was useful.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Edward is the man. Always in my party.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Edward's the most useless in FFIV. Followed by Cid, but I like Cid's character.

Edward becomes kinda useful in The After Years, though.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Edward, until he gets the special Lute in the Lunar Dungeons (not in the trial area). That thing can easily deal 9999 damage very often. Dragons die very easily because of it.

The White Wizard of Fynn Useless! Mindu's Avatar

I've never played the GBA version, but I remember hearing there was an "Apollo's Harp" or something that did a lot of damage to the final boss. The only version I've played is the PS1 version, and in that Edward was pretty useless. I also found that when Tellah relearned all of his magic, his low MP would run out fast, although his powerful spells were a godsend against the bosses at that point in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindu View Post
    I've never played the GBA version, but I remember hearing there was an "Apollo's Harp" or something that did a lot of damage to the final boss. The only version I've played is the PS1 version, and in that Edward was pretty useless. I also found that when Tellah relearned all of his magic, his low MP would run out fast, although his powerful spells were a godsend against the bosses at that point in the game.
    You should get the PSP version. It puts the PS1 version to shame. Hell, it even puts the DS version to shame, in my opinion.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

I do what you can't. Useless! Sasquatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    You should get the PSP version. It puts the PS1 version to shame. Hell, it even puts the DS version to shame, in my opinion.
    Damn you! I don't have a PSP, but I have every other version of FFIV. And everything I keep hearing tells me to go get one so I can play the newest version and The After Years. Dammit ... maybe I'll look around for a PSP today ...

Anyway. Edward was good in the GBA version -- still extremely low HP and relatively weak attack power for a non-mage, but extreme speed. So he's very good for using items, including weapons as items that cast spells.

I never liked FuSoYa. The entire time you have him, you have a white mage and a black mage/summoner, and while they probably don't know as many spells as FuSoYa does, they are more powerful and faster at casting them. And FuSoYa's MP is crap. Just like Tellah's -- but at least, at that point, Tellah still has more MP than Rydia.

In the original (well, at least the SNES version), I didn't like Palom and Porom. They were definitely improved in the later versions, though.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

The White Wizard of Fynn Useless! Mindu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely gonna get the PSP version sooner or later. There's probably no point in playing the GBA version because the PSP version will have all of its features, plus new ones. I'm kind of reluctant to play the remake for the DS - I don't think it needed to be remade in 3D, and from what people have told me it wasn't so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    I never liked FuSoYa. The entire time you have him, you have a white mage and a black mage/summoner, and while they probably don't know as many spells as FuSoYa does, they are more powerful and faster at casting them.
    Fusoya was redundant. at least for me anyway. I had everyone level to around 60 in Bahamut's cave (and beat Bahamut without needing him), so when he joined the party he had stupidly low HP and MP in comparison. However, he was handy against the Four Fiends, and I suppose the fact he was a master of both white and black magic was a selling point.

I will save the world Useless! Hero without a Name's Avatar

Never got the GBA version, or the psp version, or the after years for that matter. But Cid was actually my useless person. I used Edward for good use and he actually became a good character to be in the beginning of the game. Cid just had a hammer and besides being cool with what happened to him in the game *SPOILERS* by being a solid boss and jumping from the airship. But honestly, compared to everyone else, he was useless.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Blog Entries

Edward is surprisingly good on the PSP.

Well, after you get him equipment that makes him useful.

Spoiler:
    After you get the Lunar Whale, you can begin to change your party around at will (at Mysidia, past the Crystal Room).; Edward gets a heap of new shit - including weapons that do more then 1 damage! in the Lunar Ruins/Maze/Forgetitsname.

Annoying fights, but they are worth the time.

Outside of where you actually NEED Cid, for storyline purposes, I never really saw much use for the old sod.

Yeah, he's really very good after getting all the good equipment. He even rivals Edge and Yang, imo.