I've been doing a little bit of reading on FF Wikia to see what new info I can learn about the game and I picked up a good few facts about it so far. Here is a list of interesting facts about the game you may not have already heard.

- The main character was originally supposed to be a male character in his 20s but the idea was scrapped and Terra came to.

- Celes was originally supposed to be a conflicted spy working for the empire and easily swayed by the returners, but the idea was later used for cait sith in FF7.

- Cyan was originally supposed to be interacting with a playable female character throughout parts of the story with a girl named Angela who would flirt with him and had a bossy sort of personality that causes Cyan to react to. She was removed from the final version of the game. Her weapon was a whip.

- Setzer comes equipped with a bandana, which once removed, you cannot re-equip. It's an inside joke about Setzer's vanity in not equipping the same items as Locke. The concept for setzer evolved from the original concept for Faris in FFV as she was originally supposed to be a gambler but it didn't fit well with the world of that title.

- Locke was originally supposed to be an older dark and mysterious partner to the originally planned male main character and was originally a rival to the other characters. He originally had the runic command. All of that was changed in the final version.

- Strago and Relm may have been planned to fight with stuffed toys. Relm's control ability is based on the idea that monsters have secret names and whoever knows the secret names have powers over them.

- Sabin was originally supposed to have facial hair but it was removed from the final version.

Thats all I have so far, if anyone finds any neat info about FFVI feel free to post any interesting info.