Thread: So I played 5 a few weeks ago

Blog Entries

So I played 5 a few weeks ago

First time ever. Well, I played the beginning years and years ago on an emulator, but I got to the second boss or something, and stopped. This time, I played the smart phone edition that looks like 6 and a bunch of people online said was the worst version of the game. I didn't have a problem with this version, tho. I like my sprites looking like 6's sprites.

It was a really good game. Probably the last one before 6 that was medieval, and not all sci-fi or steam punk or whatever. The characters were charming, tho maybe not as fleshed out as 6's. Galuf and Faris were my favs. I read a few places that said that the final boss is one of the hardest FF bosses ever, but I didn't have too much trouble with it; maybe they nerfed it for the phone edition? I did NOT, however, defeat those two optional bosses, heh... I tried several times with Omega, nothin' doin' with that guy. I ran into Shinryu on accident and got my ass handed to me once, and that was all I needed.

It was a really fun experience. There's really something to those old FFs that the newer ones don't have. A certain charm, a certain goofiness. Cute sprites? I do like cute sprites. Also, perhaps the stylization isn't laid on so thick, and they weren't going "lookit how amazing these graphics are!" to sell their games back then. Eh.

I also played Tactics again. That game is still great. I bought Romancing Saga 2, but it has not drawn me in like an FF title does. I find this quite common with JRPGs that are not FF, except for the DQ series and a few others (Chrono Trigger/Cross). I also didn't get drawn in to Bravely Default. All the characters looked like they were 5. Eh.

Did you play it on a smart phone? It's also available on Steam.
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Galuf is Boats and Hoes

Tactics is the best FF game behind FF9.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    Spooniest: Yeah, I played it on my iPhone. Sometimes had some issues with selecting things, but not too bad.

loaf: I never saw that movie. FFT is probably my second fav tho, behind 6. Then it's 9, then 12.

Bananarama So I played 5 a few weeks ago Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't played FFV in years. This makes me want to fire it back up
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Certified tech, come at me! So I played 5 a few weeks ago SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm replaying the FF SNES trilogy myself and I recently finished the US release of FFIV and now I am working on FFV. I am currently just past the water tower and about to head into a meteor.

Every time I start playing FFV, and get my first set of job classes, I have a habit of having at least one of my characters become a blue mage as there are a few good enemy skills to learn in the beginning like goblin punch, flash, and ????.

Before I continue my journey though, I think I'll do some gil farming so I can buy the summoned monsters at the village near the castle and try to obtain Shiva.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco-Calamitous View Post
    loaf: I never saw that movie. FFT is probably my second fav tho, behind 6. Then it's 9, then 12.
    Actually has nothing to do with the movie since I've only seen half of it. It's more of an inside joke with Rocky and I that I just to say a lot lol.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games