Thread: Should I stress?

Let's make it rain. Should I stress? Jonathanx221's Avatar

Should I stress?

About leveling up a bunch of jobs? This games giving me a headache, I feel like I need to level up a bunch of jobs. It's driving me crazy. =[ It's kinda taking away my urge to play.

Registered User Should I stress? Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Should I stress?

Yeah that's why i don't really like the job systems but X-2 had the best one in my opinion..

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Look out for battles that give you high amounts of ability points, grind the hell out of those places, play the rest of the game normally and you should be fine.

Even if you only master a couple of jobs per character FFV didn't strike me as one of the harder games so you shouldn't be worrying at all unless you're a 100% completionist type in which case you'll be grinding for bloody ages.
    victoria aut mors

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Should I stress? Xanatos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    About leveling up a bunch of jobs? This games giving me a headache, I feel like I need to level up a bunch of jobs. It's driving me crazy. =[ It's kinda taking away my urge to play.
    You don't need to level up/master every job as most of them suck, the one thing you'll need to know is which job and abilities to combine to get a decent or perfect results. I myself didn't put much time on leveling jobs, I rushed through the game without any major problems, sure there were few challenges but besides that the games was fairly easy.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I know some would say you need to master some jobs to beat the game. You just need to know what to do for the bosses. It's just nice to Master a job.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Look out for battles that give you high amounts of ability points, grind the hell out of those places, play the rest of the game normally and you should be fine.

Even if you only master a couple of jobs per character FFV didn't strike me as one of the harder games so you shouldn't be worrying at all unless you're a 100% completionist type in which case you'll be grinding for bloody ages.
    Yeah I just recently found an enemy called Prototype. He gives me 500exp and 4 ABP, I thrash him with his own moves using control. He dies in one hit, it's like a ten second fight. =]

No I'm not a 100% completionist. I'll save that for a final fantasy that I enjoy playing A LOT.

And, as for everyone else's tips, thank you. I'll just hurry and beat this one. I'm just kinda draggin ass because it's like.... not all that fun. It's not one of my favorite final fantasy's.

There are quite a few battles which give a good amount of ABP for minimal to little effort. Besides, I much prefer each character having their own 'identity', so I choose a few jobs which all my chraacters master (Knight, Monk and Thief) and I give them each a few jobs that the others will never touch/master. But don't worry, throughout the game, you will master a few jobs without even trying, trust me.

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Should I stress? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

The only jobs I worried about at the beginning were White/Black Mage, and I had Bartz as a Knight, but as you progress the jobs get a lot better.

Here are my characters jobs, and I am running through the game like it's nothing! (If I can get myself to play)

Lenna= White Mage/ Summoner/ Ninja
    Bartz= Knight/ Thief/ Mystic Knight/ Dragoon
    Faris= Blue Mage/ Samurai
    Galuf= Black Mage/ Time Mage/ Chemist
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

In my opinion you shouldn't fret. There truly is no real need to master EVER single job, just the ones that relate to each other. If you've played FFT,FFTA,or FFTA2,(even if u are talking about only FFV) then you'd know that mastering ever single job can be extremely grueling, so only stick to the ones that you want to play your characters as.
    Beware him. In all of his furry-feline-fury

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rock View Post
    In my opinion you shouldn't fret. There truly is no real need to master EVER single job, just the ones that relate to each other. If you've played FFT,FFTA,or FFTA2,(even if u are talking about only FFV) then you'd know that mastering ever single job can be extremely grueling, so only stick to the ones that you want to play your characters as.
    I poured 60 hours in tactics. It's fun, I love the fighting and leveling up in that game. But this game... AHHH BLEH. Ahaha.

I just wanna beat it and play 6. =\

I feel epic... Should I stress? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

(This post uses GBA version terms.)

Leveling them all up is the kind of thing you do after you beat the game. Only a select few should be maxed out.

From the Wind Crystal set, master Monk, Black Mage, White Mage and Blue Mage. You could also master Thief in order to get more speed in battles, and run faster in towns and dungeons. Monks boost your max HP for the Freelancers. Black and White Mages should be obvious. And master Blue Mage so your Freelancers can learn Blue Magic, too.

From the Water Crystal set, master Time Mage and though it might be hard, Red Mage. Master Time Mage to get a very important spell: Quick. And also, it will take a while, but mastering Red Mage gives you Dualcast, a spellcaster's best friend. Couple that with White Magic or Time, and you're set. You could try mastering Summons, but only three or so ever become useful.

From the Fire Crystal set, master Ninja and Ranger. Ninaj gives your Duel-wield, which is VERY nice for Freelancers. And master Rangers to get the most rape ability for Freelancers, Rapid Fire.

And finally, from the Earth Crystal set... well, none of them are necessary, but you can master what you want.

Of course, you may have already wasted countless hours on this, but at least I came close.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

SteveBrad

Should I stress?

I admire the valuable information you provide in your articles. I'll mark your blog and see my friends here often. I'm sure you will learn many new things here than anyone else!

Blog Entries

Yes you should stress it. You know why? I've mastered EVERY class, gotten all my characters to level 99, unlocked all of the secret classes (Oracle, Gladiator, Canoneer, Mime, and Necromancer (and have all their spells)) and have all the secret weapons.

Word of advice, fight this enemy called Mover near the last area in the Void right before you jump in the last portal to fight ExDeath. They give crazy amount of ABP like 199 I believe. You have to be quick though to kill them because they'll rez if you don't kill them all in a certain period of time & the fight will come to an end if you manage to survive. They can kill you because they can petrify one of your members with their Delta Attack.

If you need more advice, pm. I know everything there is about this game because I've killed everyone that would've been a challenge to me. ExDeath bores me now T_T
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)