Thread: Setzer's Scars

Blog Entries

Setzer's Scars

I've been wondering this for the better part of a decade now, and since I just started a new game of VI last week, why not ask.

What's the deal with Setzer's scars all over his face? I know they never mention them in the game, but they're pretty obvious in his menu pic. Are they from getting his ass kicked from gambling debts? Could they be from some airship joyride gone wrong?

Feel free to post your own theories, or if there's a definitive answer, I'd love to hear it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I want to play a game. Setzer's Scars Zargabaath's Avatar
    I read somewhere that said those scars came from an incident involving an airship, however I cannot remember where I saw that at all - maybe I was dreaming it. To continue -I think he got the scars during the apocalypse when he airship crashed, I'm not too sure but that would make sense if Setzer got the scars from an airship accident.

Or Gau clawed his face...

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Here is an interesting thought. At the begining of the game Setzer is involved with the Empire. He seemed scared to even defy them and made mention of how he males good money off of them. Maybe this has something to do with it.

It could be that somehow when might of screwed the Empire over some where in the distant past and as punishment they disfigured him for some reason. Maybe after the fateful airship crash and loosing his lover he went a little on the crazy side and tried to screw some Empire Soldiers over and either after cheating the Empire was punished.

Or since he is such a gambling man, maybe he made a bet with someone and couldn't afford to pay out afterwards, basicly he wrote a check his *** couldn't cash. So his payment was taken out on him.

I wonder if the scars are limited to his face alone or if they are full body.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Fun For Hire Setzer's Scars FamousMortimer's Avatar
    He and Darryl were sado-masochists...