Thread: A question about Dispel

A question about Dispel

Hi, I'm Odin1199 and it's really great to join such an awesome FF forum! I'm a huge fan of FF series, especially FFI-VI. I recently bought a PSP, solely for FFI, II and IV games. Great remakes!

Well, now that you know abit about me, I have a question to ask about a new spell in FFIV. I tried using Dispel to dispel Slow and Stop statues, but it doesn't work. I don't think it even dispels Reflect when cast on your party, lol. How and when can I make this spell work?

Re: A question about Dispel

Dispel doesn't work for negative spells like Slow and Stop. As far as I know, it only works for positive status effects, like Haste, Shell, Protect, ect. It's meant to be used on the enemy.

Haste will balance out Slow and you can't cure Stop. You just have to wait it out.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

I think I've read somewhere that you can cure Stop, when you cast Doom/Condemn on your chars. I thought there was a better way though.

Nevermind, you don't have that spell in the first place. How n00bish of me.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 10-12-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Stop spell is one of the most powerful and useful spells in the game, ironically. Alot of the powerful enemies, especially dragons and other things will be stopped, which will help immensely. For example the pestilent Gold Dragon is a royal pain in the final dungeon, due to it's quick paralyzing attacks, but can be stopped with ease. It's too bad that if you get stopped, you're basically screwed. Abit of an overpowered spell, imo and it wears off really slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin1199 View Post
    Stop spell is one of the most powerful and useful spells in the game, ironically. Alot of the powerful enemies, especially dragons and other things will be stopped, which will help immensely. For example the pestilent Gold Dragon is a royal pain in the final dungeon, due to it's quick paralyzing attacks, but can be stopped with ease. It's too bad that if you get stopped, you're basically screwed. Abit of an overpowered spell, imo and it wears off really slowly.
    Yeah, using stop on those Gold Dragons is really useful. You can attack it freely without worrying about it's Paralyze counter attack after every strike.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

Haste also almost never wears off. WTF! Is this as bug? None of them time spells wear off.