Thread: Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes

The Quiet One Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes

During an interview, Nomura talked about the state of remakes for the Final Fantasy series. He said that he noted to someone else in the studio that they had remade Final Fantasy III and then Final Fantasy IV, but then jumped straight to Final Fantasy VII. So he pointed back to Final Fantasy V and VI wanting to see those given the same treatment and not ignored. It is no confirmation, but it seems like a strong likelihood that we will be seeing remakes of V and VI in the future.

Source: E3 2015: FF7 Director Wants to Remake More Final Fantasy Games - IGN
    Attached Images Attached Images Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes-selogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

The Old Skool Warrior Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

"Remake" is a scary term compared to "remaster" though, so we'll see what happens. I'm sure it'll be based upon sales for the FFVII remake.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Bananarama Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As much as I would love to see VI remade, I'm very apprehensive. It's one thing to give VII a remake, where the visuals are more fleshed out, and can be more easily "interpreted" in full 3D, doing the same for straight up 2D will take a lot away from the game. I think a lot of subtle humor will be lost in the new renderings and ultimately, I think a lot of the charm of the game will be lost.

Granted, some scenes would be amazing to see with today's technology, but I'm still skeptical
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Quiet One Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They've already remade FFIII and FFIV, both of which were well done remakes. So they have a good track record as far as I'm concerned for being able to do classic games for the new generation.

It's a little unfair to judge sales of FFVII for anything though. So long as they execute well on the remake, which I believe they will. Then it is going to sell millions by default without people even thinking about it. FFVI is well loved among FF fans, but FFVII is what got millions of non-FF fans into RPGs in general. The nostalgia of FFVII is insane among those people.

Bananarama Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Was the IV remake for the DS? If it was that style where they don't try to do too much with the overhaul, I think I'd be OK with it. If they try to go with the VII remake style, I don't think it would translate well
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    Yes, FFIII and FFIV were both on the DS and the style picked for them worked out well for the sprite based games that they were.

Boxer of the Galaxy Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Rowan's Avatar
    If they do remake 6, i hope they do a full scale remake like they are doing for 7.

This could truly be the golden age for squareenix.

Consistently Average Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to see the Dragon Neck Colosseum expanded on, I like chaining enemies in order to get things like the Minerva Bustier etc.

Also Bosses like Ultima Weapon and Ghost Train would look pretty cool with what's capable on current gen consoles. Imagine how glorious Sabin suplexing Ghost Train in 3D would be. Surely they'd keep that gem in.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

FFIV got a remake and it added some things to the game.

FFVII is getting a remake and adding things to it. They will more than likely do the same to these. Not the same as the GBA Remasters which added an end dungeon and some items.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Certified tech, come at me! Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A few things I would like to see in both remakes.

V: The light-hearted story retained, expansions to the job/ability system such as possibly more jobs (or the inclusion of the gba and mobile bonus jobs), and the humor the game had.

VI: Tidbits of the old magi war, Opera House scene with modern visuals, more magitek armor usage and thats about it.

Hard to think of additions to already great FFs, but oh man, I have my eyes on that remade opera house scene.
    Currently Playing:

I invented Go-Gurt. Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Clint's Avatar
    I thought the Final Fantasy III and IV remakes were very well done. Final Fantasy VI remake done in that same style would be fantastic, but now I'm pumped for a Final Fantasy V remake. That game is always overlooked, but it's so good. It's in my opinion the most underrated Final Fantasy game in the entire series.

Blog Entries
    I think V was really solid, but I think that it was actually too much for its time. It really provided for too much customization that we're only seeing in games today, with classes and cross classes, etc.

It was intimidating to play it as a kid just because of all the grinding and then hoping that you had the right types of classes for a certain boss.

I'd be all for DS style remakes, but I don't think a ps4 quality remake would really convey everything that sprites could.

I'd be afraid of silly moments like Locke getting indignant when being called a thief getting turned into awkward ffx style "I'll teach you how to laugh" cutscenes, or even worse, making him try to seem super serious about it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

The Old Skool Warrior Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The only thing I'm really worried about is voice acting. What if the characters I've played at least once a year for two decades don't sound the way they're supposed to?!

Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    The only thing I'm really worried about is voice acting. What if the characters I've played at least once a year for two decades don't sound the way they're supposed to?!

An unhealthy amount of my life is spent worrying about voice acting. Welcome to the club.

Though I would love to see the World of Balance's transition into World of Ruin fleshed out a little more, CGI-wise. Think of stuff they could make look cool, like: the Blackjack being torn in half, the Serpent Trench rising out of the ocean, whole continents dividing, Figaro Castle submerging into sand but never re-emerging, citizens fleeing Narshe with Mog/Umaro somewhere in the background on one of the bridges just shrugging their shoulders, Kefka's tower raising/forming...

Gau miraculously surviving a faceplant-landing on the Veldt, but dying tragically* when the cave where he hides his shiny things collapses on top of him as he goes to retrieve them...

And then Cid wakes Celes up on the Solitary Island. She said she was having a horrible nightmare, but Cid says it was, in fact, all real---especially the part about Gau.

*Hey, one can dream.

EDIT: In the spirit of adding new content, they could add a scene where Cyan is sent to Gau's father's house to tell him the bad news. "Hello sir, my name is Mr. Thou, and I regret to infor..." but the old man, still senile, just slams the door in his face.
    Last edited by Incognitus; 06-21-2015 at 05:49 AM.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Certified tech, come at me! Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While this convo is going on about FFV and VI remakes, all I can think about is that Opera House scene being redone, oh man... I don't know if I could handle that (and I mean that in a good way).
    Currently Playing:

Consistently Average Nomura Thinks Final Fantasy V and VI Should be Looked at for Remakes Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if they'll be at all similar to Bravely Default in terms of how the sprites look and stuff. It's definitely a lot less chibi-y than III and IV's DS versions. Plus it shows that they can make a full sized RPG on the 3DS that's very similar to those older Final Fantasies.

Also I wonder if they'll make you go and rebuild your party in WoR like in the original game or if they'll make getting each one a compulsory task. Like making you go and collect each party member and completing their storyline before going in the final dungeon.

I also, also wonder if they'll make it so that you have to wait for Shadow to rejoin your party at that certain part of the game (trying to avoid spoilers) instead of him never coming back.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!