Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No FFV Fans?

Blog Entries

No FFV Fans?

So where are all the FFV fans on here? I know you guys come off and on but this is one of the best series in my opinion (my 3rd fav.).

Is it because there wasn't as many characters as the rest of the other FF's or the availabilty of this game?
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

I want to play a game. No FFV Fans? Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: No FFV Fans?

We are here. Well not "here" but wherever we are, we are there. Me? I'm in the Interdimensional Rift as it is one of my favourite final dungeons in the Final Fantasy series.

This is my favourite 2-D Final Fantasy and is probably my 5th or 6th favourite Final Fantasy. My top 6 are all very close, almost touching each other on the scale; so while it is in 5th or 6th place it is in the top tier for me.

First off, it is unwise to ever correlate the amount of character to how good the game is. I'm not saying that you do but to those who do - they are stupid. The characters in Final Fantasy V are developed, have their emotional moments, and their bonding, compared to Final Fantasy VI which has the most characters in the entire series (by characters I mean those who are in the party, if what you meant otherwise let me know). Final Fantasy VI has fourteen characters, two of which are optional but 6 or 7 out of the 14 or well developed while the rest get some development but not on the same level and some don't get any at all. Final Fantasy V may not have a huge party but those characters have their own personality, background, and are developed through the story.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

FFV is cool. I like it. I don't praise it but I like it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

I know right? I really didn't care how many characters a FF had. O_o thought of a new thread but, these words are how I rate a FF.

Correspondence
    Magic system
    Weapons
    Battle Flow
    Character Development/Showcase
    Replay value
    Bosses
    Level System
    Music Themes

Theres so much to start from that I love about this game but whats awesome about it is that it gives me more (on the beneficial side) than I ask for. Which gives more to explore like about the Necromancer job, their strength is in a whole different league then any other FF's that deal with the job system (or in that manner) or in any FF for that manner. How you get their Dark Art spells are sweet (pawnage when you use em).

I don't know what the populace of the forums polls into their individual FF but V I believe makes its gamers open their minds about what they believe in the games they buy or play.
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)

Let's make it rain. No FFV Fans? Jonathanx221's Avatar

I just started playing it for the first time several days ago, and from what I did, and I don't even have a job yet... I liked it a lot. So I don't know why people wouldn't like it. Ahaha. It's another Final Fantasy.

Registered User No FFV Fans? Zidane77's Avatar

I like that game, i've finished it many times.
    I've mastered the GBA version 99%, i just have the final boss left and i have everything else,i like the PS1 version the most.
    The only thing i don't like about it is how slow the battle mode is but that's what i also don't like about IX, but still a awesome game.

I'm pretty much a fan of every FF except XI and Dissidia.

Classic story teller No FFV Fans? vann 122's Avatar

i liked it too, the story it just blows my mind!
    Don't judge me, just because what I like!

Let's make it rain. No FFV Fans? Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vann 122 View Post
    i liked it too, the story it just blows my mind!
    Is it really that good of a story? Or was that sarcasm? Ahaha.

Blog Entries

I liked it, but the character statistics for the PS/SNES versions were glitched, so leveling up for the sake of anything else besides HP/MP was a waste. With that being said, the game was still highly playable with all of the different jobs/skills available at hand, and storyline was pretty long for a SNES game. One thing I didn't like was the music, compared to it's big brother FF4, the music was terrible, other than a couple notable gems (Big Bridge theme.. and thats about it). It definitely has some replay value, and it's one of my more frequented replayed FFs. The characters were all decently and equally developed as well, minus Kara a bit but that point is kinda moot since you know everything about her by the time she joins the party, whereas the other characters you learn about as you play through with them.

All in all, not a bad FF but it had it's fair share of things I didn't care for.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

After playing FFV for the first time, I was pretty sure it had to be the BEST of all FFs. (It was the... fourth I played? ^^") It's not my all-time favorite anymore (after playing FFVI, it wasn't that great anymore *cough*), but when I made a ranking of all FFs once it was 4th ^^

Basically, I don't really know why so many people don't like the game. I liked the characters, though they lacked a bit of personality (as did every character in the old games XD") and the story was so... normal. But everything was just fine about the game, especially the atmosphere. I still remember that damn moment when X-Death sent a few villages into the... erm... what was it called again? x.x" You know, this dark world... (the dark, big dot XD)
    Also, the job system was quite nice to handle, aaaand I loved the music <3 There is no better song in the whole game than Battle on the Big Bridge. <3 <3 Aaand I liked the song on the world map, but I don't remember the name. ^^"

All in all... FFV was great. <3 I'd even call myself a huge fan of the game. It was just awesome. <3 (I should replay it one day T.T")

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Doctor Jackal

Fan reporting!

Yes, I've played the game many times and I think it's a great game, definitely one of my favorites.

Rune Knight No FFV Fans? Trodorne's Avatar

I say its really high on my list, some where at like 1 or 2. one of my most favorite stories and i loved all the job classes. could have used more playable characters to add to the flavor of interpersonal relationships. but hey it was a great game and it was worth the grinding of levels for each job class. the customization of what you could do to organize your battle menu with the abilities you learned. giving a Knight the ability to enchant his own blades with magic... wrecking crew right there. just need a little haste to speed up the process. ooop look at that just one shotted a monster.. go figure

FF V is one of my favourites (After X, IX and VI in that order). It was the first old skool FF that I played, so I think that is why it is so dear to me. I remember my brother bought FF anthology (the European version had IV and V) and he much preferred IV so V was pretty much mine to play whenever I wanted to.

Fenrir#1612

Hey, finally someone mentions FF5. It was the first FF that I beat and it was a great game. The story might have been a bit lacking but I still think its awesome. Galuf is my fav...why did he have to die?

Rabanastran No FFV Fans? Belugn's Avatar

FFV is the FF game except for IX that I've heard the least about, so I'm having a really good time playing them, as I am, currently. : >

I've always loved class/job systems, so I'm finding FFV really enjoyable, since you level up your classes, not just your level. I hate leveling, so it's fun to have things going on at the side of just up-ing levels. It's also got lots of humour, which is the only thing I've heard about FFV earlier - that it's got tacky humour. Well then, I have to be a tacky person, because I've found it enjoyable.
    "I don't think I have what it takes to make a good action game. I think I'm better at telling a story."
    Hironobu Sakaguchi

Registered User No FFV Fans? Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

I like FFV, but i think the job system is a bit overwhelming, i preffered the job system of FFIII, it was'nt so generic imo. Also i stopped playing FFV as i got a bit lost, and then bored.

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

im currently playing the GBA version of it and so far its freaking awesome
    so i guess im a fan
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Registered User No FFV Fans? xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

To be honest i bought it years ago with 1,2 and 4, i just recentley started 5 for about the 5th time ( lol ) but now that i can actually do (?) the older FF im really enjoying it, so i think i am a big 5 fan? but i keep getting killed by that bloody antlion thingy :@ anyway its up there with my favourites now ^_^

Registered User No FFV Fans? Selcopa's Avatar

I really liked FFV, ive played it multiple times, its also cool because you can set your own challenges using different jobs and such, also it was the first game with super bosses, Omega, Shinryu, it was a very solid game imo

Suzie

I like FFV. I don't love it or anything, but I thought that it was pretty okay. I guess the small number of playable characters (compared to the other FFs) made it less interesting for me, but the job system and interesting gameplay made up for it.

Let darkness overshadow the light.. No FFV Fans? Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I like the game, on my top 5, probably a 4 lol

Behind FF8,X,9

Gilgamesh was funny though epic,story wasn't generic >.>
    And the series first super bosses.
    I have FF5 and 6 on my PC and I wanted to play them in order. After I 100% 5, I was irritated knowing I was gunna go to 6...>.>

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Controlling With Fear No FFV Fans? Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

I like FFV, but Ive only played through it once. So i'm i guess i don't have alot of thought to post about.

Darkness Incarnate No FFV Fans? Zeromus's Avatar

FFIV Being my Fav I had to say I was let down by V, BUT Not too much let down, I really liked the Bosses and I still liked the whole Crystal stories which I wish they did more often since it seems like it started out revolving around them and all. The music was great not as good as IV And the job system I loved because you could just switch around to the best thing for a certain boss and throw the legendary weapons around to whomever....in short i liked it -.-"
    Zeromus > Golbez

Aspiring Author No FFV Fans? SeleneHime's Avatar

FF V was actually my introduction to the series. Although part of my reasons for liking it so much may be nostalgia, I still enjoy it. But I've never actually beaten it for a few reasons rolled into one - I'd been playing one main file for quite some time, and me being the completist that I am, had to get every ability and class to top level with each character. So when I finally got right before the final match with Exdeath, I let my brother try a new file on another save slot. He accidentally saved over mine.

So I recently decided to tackle it again. I'm at the point where I can go to the second world, but for some reason the bombs keep killing my overleveled characters. Fun.

And like the others, I like how it goes about the crystal story. There are quite a few interesting NPCs, as well as plenty of potential for the main four/five (counting Galuf's granddaughter). Its rather difficult to choose favorites of the first four, though.

And I have to say - Combining the Knight class with the Magic Knight abilities completely tears enemies apart. ^_^ (And a White Mage with Barehanded - They never see it coming.)

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:
    LoZ: Crescent Light Chronicles
    LoZ: Into the Shadows
    PKMN: Chronicles of Erana
    PKMN: Dragon Knight
    PKMN: Rising Darkness
    SM: Celestial Shadows
    FF: TBD (Title To Be Decided)

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray
    Leaute: The High One

Scourge of Yggdra (Triology)
    SoY Extras

Miscellaneous Collection (Short Works):
    Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

I really like that in this game you could use any combination of classes without having to sacrafice story flavor.

example: I hated stupid Quina Quinn in FF9, but E-Skill is just amazing in that game, and I loved Vivi, but black magic is just so underpowered, and i personally didnt that the rouge was the one slot that was obligated theough most of the game.

Dark Knight No FFV Fans? Dark-Knight Luna's Avatar

It's my favorite of all the Final Fantasies!

Like, seriously, it was my first, and to me the jobs are amazing.
    SPOILER!!:

Quote Originally Posted by SeleneHime View Post
    FF V was actually my introduction to the series. Although part of my reasons for liking it so much may be nostalgia, I still enjoy it. But I've never actually beaten it for a few reasons rolled into one - I'd been playing one main file for quite some time, and me being the completist that I am, had to get every ability and class to top level with each character. So when I finally got right before the final match with Exdeath, I let my brother try a new file on another save slot. He accidentally saved over mine.

So I recently decided to tackle it again. I'm at the point where I can go to the second world, but for some reason the bombs keep killing my overleveled characters. Fun.

And like the others, I like how it goes about the crystal story. There are quite a few interesting NPCs, as well as plenty of potential for the main four/five (counting Galuf's granddaughter). Its rather difficult to choose favorites of the first four, though.

And I have to say - Combining the Knight class with the Magic Knight abilities completely tears enemies apart. ^_^ (And a White Mage with Barehanded - They never see it coming.)
    Wow, I'm just curious what version did you play? PS1? GBA? You don't get a lot of people who START with FFV. Cute avy too ^^

Aspiring Author No FFV Fans? SeleneHime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cain Highwind View Post
    Wow, I'm just curious what version did you play? PS1? GBA? You don't get a lot of people who START with FFV. Cute avy too ^^
    I honestly didn't even know there was a PS1 version of FFV until I registered here, actually. *Sweatdrop.* And thanks. I was drawn by Magalink on DeviantART.

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:
    LoZ: Crescent Light Chronicles
    LoZ: Into the Shadows
    PKMN: Chronicles of Erana
    PKMN: Dragon Knight
    PKMN: Rising Darkness
    SM: Celestial Shadows
    FF: TBD (Title To Be Decided)

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray
    Leaute: The High One

Scourge of Yggdra (Triology)
    SoY Extras

Miscellaneous Collection (Short Works):
    Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

Just kind of there. No FFV Fans? Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFV fan present. And accounted for.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy No FFV Fans? Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

I haven't even played it, and I love it. I've read about it and all the different job possibilities. Seriously, why isn't THAT feature in any of the later games?

It really sucks it isn't that popular compared to powerhouses like VIII, IX, and XIII. And I wish it could be downloaded from the PSN, but I don't think that'll ever happen. x.x
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast