Thread: How Long does it take to Beat FFV Start-Finish?

destinyislands

How Long does it take to Beat FFV Start-Finish?

I just got FF Anthology and Origins for PS1 and I am interested in starting a new Final Fantasy V game, just curious how long on average you guys think it'll take me to beat the game? Think I can do it in under 24hrs?

Blog Entries
    If you can breeze through the storyline it might be a possibility. Just get a bunch of money and abuse the crap out of the Samurai's Giltoss ability, and you can roll over any battle you so desire.

I wouldn't say 24 hours, but I bet you could beat it in around 30 hours if you know how to cheese all of the bosses with the overpowered Samurai class.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

You could probably beat it in a day, but then again it's taking me a while but only because I've been taking my time, trying to get everything. If I really wanted to beat it in a day, I would probably play nonstop and breeze through all of the text. Yeah Samurai gill toss would be your best bet as long as you keep Gil at hand. If not, Sword dance I remember caused really good damage plus Dual-wield. I think it was from Dancing Dagger or something? haha. The only bad thing is that it doesn't work every time.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 11-28-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Bananarama How Long does it take to Beat FFV Start-Finish? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'm on about 10 years... Haven't touched it since 2000.

The story itself is pretty short, you just have to make sure that your character levels are high enough so that you don't get destroyed. I made the mistake of breezing through the story, and towards the end of the game, I was very underleveled. Random encounters kicked my ass and caused a fair amount of game overs. I'd peg it to at least 30 hours.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Death Before Dishonor How Long does it take to Beat FFV Start-Finish? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No matter how fast you want to go through it, you must level and train regardless. If you not you will get you ass smashed.

In 24 hours I don't think so, maybe in around 30-35 hours. I am on about 70+ hours but I spend that much time on every FF.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Basically, I think I beat it in 25 hours. O.o I don't remember how long I actually needed to beat it, but it wasn't that long. But I didn't want anything but playing the story. If you only play through the storyline it doesn't take long. Sometimes you have to level up for quite a while, but that's it.
    If you like the job system you might take longer. XD" I didn't like it, so I just sticked to one job for each characters - it was quite easy that way. *hehe* ^^"

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

I want to play a game. How Long does it take to Beat FFV Start-Finish? Zargabaath's Avatar
    I don't know if you would be able to do it in 24 hours but as a fortune cookie - or as I call them Confucius cookies - once told me, "Everything is impossible until it has been done".

I think though on an average run through the game it will take around 32-35 hours; if the player decides to master quite a few jobs then around 42 hours. I was able to master all the jobs I wanted to become Super Dawn Warriors in 42 hours.

Gil Toss is an easy way to go through the game, however, Gil Toss blazes through the player's stash and Final Fantasy V is one of the harder FFs to procure large sums of gil needed to use Gil Toss frequently.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

If you are an expert of FFV then it will not take more than 25 hours.
    But if you are a normal player then it can take upto 35 hours to complete it.

it took me 26 hours to get to the last boss, but i finished it at about 29:50
    pretty long game for it´s time...

Quote Originally Posted by vandy160890 View Post
    If you are an expert of FFV then it will not take more than 25 hours.
    But if you are a normal player then it can take upto 35 hours to complete it.
    An expert would beat the game in under 6 hours.

Unless you aren't expert enough for a speed run. Then I dunno, 25-30 hours.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User How Long does it take to Beat FFV Start-Finish? Alex's Avatar

Re: How Long does it take to Beat FFV Start-Finish?

Well, I've been playing about 12 hours. And I've just entered the second world.
    This is my first playthrough!