Thread: Good level up spots.

Good level up spots.

What are some good places to level up in the world of riun?
    I'm currently around level 30.
    and once level 50?
    60?
    70+?

Registered User Good level up spots. Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Good level up spots.

I remember when i was grinding long time ago, i used to hang on some specific islands but i'm not exactly sure which one, but i remember vaguely it was south east but i could be wrong.
    Definetly an small island though

Once you can get to the tyrannosaur forest, and can
    survive the Tyrannosaur's meteor spells, that is the
    downright fastest place you can level on the world map
    with the experience egg.

Badass Military Agent Good level up spots. Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Level 30 in the world of ruin? man maybe I did too much leveling when i was playing, first time I ever got there I was around lvl 43ish-47. I think the reason is because at the time I was trying to learn all the magics from all my Espers...

Damn brings back memories...

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

I do what you can't. Good level up spots. Sasquatch's Avatar

Moogle's right. The forest West of Narshe is shaped like a dinosaur ... from the South, it's shaped like a dinosaur (or alligator) head facing East. From the North, it looks like a Brontosaurus or something, with its body facing to the West (right) and its head turned back over its body looking East (left). In there, you'll either fight one Tyrannasaur, be pincer-attacked by two of them, or hit a Brontosaur. (Can't avoid the pincer-attacked with any Relics or anything, they'll happen anyway.) If you took the Ragnarok Magicite, it will usually transform (transmorph?) either of them. You can steal Ribbons from the Brontosaurs, and sometimes they drop Economizers.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Once you can get to the tyrannosaur forest, and can
    survive the Tyrannosaur's meteor spells, that is the
    downright fastest place you can level on the world map
    with the experience egg.
    That's right. And there is even a trick.
    I think you have to cast Vanish on them and then... send them to another dimension. Uah, what is that spell called? :/
    You should look that up in a FAQ or guide or something. Then you can level pretty fast. IF that's not a kind of cheating for you.

Edit: Ah, X-Zone! >.< How could I possibly forget? Thanks, Loco! :>
    Last edited by Freya; 02-12-2011 at 10:19 AM.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

The Old Skool Warrior Good level up spots. LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

X-Zone. It's the Vanish/X-Zone trick... once the enemy is invisible, X-Zone doesn't fail. Poof, most things in the game get thrown to another dimension and you reap the rewards.

It's super-cheap, but if you're just looking to grind, it's also super-efficient. Something to keep in mind, however, is that this only works in the SNES and PSX versions of the game. The glitch was patched in the GBA version and does not work.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 02-12-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Yeah, Vanish makes them immune to physical attacks, but it prettymuch makes every magical attack that wouldn't normally hit, actually work. So you can use Vanish and X-Zone or Vanish and Doom, even when they are supposed to be immune to X-Zone or Doom.

Otherwise, another good thing to do is make sure you've done all the sidequests. They're not only good for experience and MP, they also get you better equipment (Cyan), or more Magicite, or at least give you a little backstory on the characters. Some of the "sidequests" will actually earn you (new or old) characters, like Locke in the Pheonix Cave, or Mog and Umaro in Narshe, or Gogo on Triangle Island.

(The sucky thing about the Fanatics' Tower is that it doesn't give you any Experience, only MP.)

More good spots I've heard of, but have never used much ... near Doma, there are some good enemies, and I think there are Cactaurs in a desert near Miranda. I dunno, I guess I just like walking around in the forest getting double-teamed by trannies.

I also level to at least 35 on the Floating Continent, before the World of Ruin. That way, I can concentrate on the first few characters I'll get back, especially Celes, since the level of my returning (or new) characters depends on the level of your current characters. For example, if Celes is around level 50 when the World of Ruin is created, and everybody else is around level 30, when you get them back, they will have automatically leveled up to near 50. The only problem with this is the fact that you won't get the level-up bonused from Magicite.

Thanks for the information.
    Where is the bestplace for gaining AP specifically?

My couch pulls out but I don't. Good level up spots. midgetbob's Avatar

Gaining magic points is still the dinosaur forest. If I remember right, it's 10 mp / kill along with the XP. 10 Fights = Ultima if you went that route.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

One Tranny is three MP, two is five. A Brachiosaur might be 10, but that's about it.

If you want to gain MP and ONLY MP (as in, not worried about Experience), the Fanatics' Tower is the place to go. Put a Wall Ring on everybody, and you're good to go.

My couch pulls out but I don't. Good level up spots. midgetbob's Avatar

You're right... I was thinking of the Intangir on Triangle Island... already shows up in the encounter invisible so you can cast doom / x-zone on him immediately to kill him. Don't bother with anything else, he'll rape you.

The place for this is a 2x2 section of forest. Just run your square and get those magic points. Though... I THINK that's only in the world of balance. I did the desert south of Miranda in the World of Ruin. Cactaurs and the Hoovers give good mp and some pocket money.
    Last edited by midgetbob; 02-14-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    mel 1:32 AM
    Hahah I'm like penis penis penis lalala <3
    [10/30/2012 10:46:16 PM] Mel (GypsyElder): I love Virgins haha

Thanks again.

Why I fear clowns

midgetbobs got a point, but you can find intangir in the world of ruin.

Registered User Good level up spots. EmperorLeo's Avatar

If you're still looking to gain AP, the dessert by Miranda is fantastic. You fight either a Land Worm with 5 which can easily be killed with a death spell, or a Cactuar that's worth 10. If you're playing the GBA version, be careful not to accidentally fight the jumbo Cactuar! He usually hides out on the south western side of the dessert (away from Miranda), but only after you've killed a few Cactaurs.

Seliven

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Moogle's right. The forest West of Narshe is shaped like a dinosaur ... from the South, it's shaped like a dinosaur (or alligator) head facing East. From the North, it looks like a Brontosaurus or something, with its body facing to the West (right) and its head turned back over its body looking East (left). In there, you'll either fight one Tyrannasaur, be pincer-attacked by two of them, or hit a Brontosaur. (Can't avoid the pincer-attacked with any Relics or anything, they'll happen anyway.) If you took the Ragnarok Magicite, it will usually transform (transmorph?) either of them. You can steal Ribbons from the Brontosaurs, and sometimes they drop Economizers.
    Brachiosaurs**

At one point I wanted to level up everyone but I didn't want to do it in groups. So I ended up just having one party member at a time and I just farmed random battles in Narshe in the World of Ruin. Little concentration was used. If you are feeling lazy. This was 30-45.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Certified tech, come at me! Good level up spots. SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A good, effective way to level up is to farm exp eggs from harpis which are located near kohlingten with the ragnarok esper (3 to 4 of those should do), train in the dinosaur forest using the vanish/x-zone method if you're playing the snes/psx versions and that will rack up your levels pretty quickly. Also make sure to equip espers that raise your stats with each level and make sure to save your game with the stat buffs otherwise you will lose the amount of stat buffs you've obtained through leveling (they reset in the snes version)
    Currently Playing: