Thread: GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS!

The Old Skool Warrior GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS!

Courtesy of Square Enix Community and the fine team over at Square Enix DLG, we've got a free copy of FINAL FANTASY IV: The After Years for iOS at our disposal to give away upon launch later this month! For details and rules of entry, check below the jump.

GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS!-ffivtay-jpg

Though FINAL FANTASY IV: The After Years has graced the Wii eShop (episodic, 2009) and the PSP (April 2011, as part of FINAL FANTASY IV: The Complete Collection) platforms already, it has yet to see a mobile release outside of Japan. This updated release will feature the same 3D style as FINAL FANTASY IV on the DS, repurposed for the iOS and Android platforms.

In order to win your copy of The After Years on iOS, all you need to do is post in this thread telling us two things:

• What is your favorite thing about FINAL FANTASY IV?
    • What do you feel gives this game a replayability factor?
    You are welcome to carry on conversation on these points, but both must be addressed in your first post in order to qualify.

The winner of the prize will be drawn at random out of qualifying entrants. The drawing will be streamed live via twitch.tv sometime shortly after the conclusion of the entry period (further details and livestream time to be determined post-contest). Qualifying posts will be counted until 23:59 29 November 2013, Pacific Standard Time.

Please keep in mind that the prize is only for the iOS version of the software. At this time, no Android version will be available as a prize. If you wish to participate in discussion but cannot utilize the reward, please note in your first post that you will be unable to receive the prize.

OFFICIAL RULES: No purchase necessary to enter. Only one entry allowed per user. Users may post multiple times in the interest of conversation, but only receive one entry. Users found manipulating the giveaway via multiple accounts will have all accounts disqualified, and duplicate accounts deleted as per forum regulations.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 11-17-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Consistently Average GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a Galaxy S3, is that ios or Andriod? I'm pretty hopeless with new technology, but I'll give this thing a shot either way.

What is your favourite thing about Final Fantasy IV?

That's kind of hard to say, this game's got a lot going for it so it's hard to pin one thing down. I'd have to pick the music, becuase IV has a pretty memorable soundtrack. I think i was hooked as soon as I hard the Baron theme. Then there's the Battle of the Four Fiends and the music that plays whenever you have to fight Kain.

What do you think gives this game a replayability factor?

Probably it's simplicity when compared to other Final Fantasy games. You only need to level up in order to learn spells and abilities and in the DS version when you do a new game+ you get all the Augments from your previous playthroughs, so the more you play through the game the better your characters will start out.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

The Old Skool Warrior GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That would definitely be an Android. iOS is what the Apple devices use - iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. If you have any one of those devices, you'll be good to go. If not, thanks for participating in the conversation all the same!

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Consistently Average GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm my girlfriend has an ipod touch, I'm sure she wouldn't have any problems with me entering the competition with that

And thanks for clearing that up, not even a Google search answered the question for me (tsk tsk)
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Certified tech, come at me! GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, nice giveaway! (Android user here)

What is your favorite thing about FFIV?

My favorite thing about FFIV is the adventure the entire story takes you through; The struggles you face with the characters, the awesome secrets you find along the way, and the places you explore and visit along the way. In summary, it is the adventure I like the most.

What do you feel gives this game its replayability factor?

FFIV was replayable because of its engaging story and the side quests. It had such an unforgettable, and amazing experience that you didn't want to just stop after one playthrough, you wanted to reexperience it over and over again with each additional playthrough.

Kain's love slave ;) GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! Holly Highwind's Avatar
    O_O I saw this linked from somewhere else and I had to give it a chance!!! And yes I have an iPad so I can use it if I win

KAIN!! but honestly its the way the story makes you hold on for the next move, its like a good movie where you never know whether all of the good guys are really good, and if the bad guys are really bad. I like the way Cecil has his transformation to paladin too, its a really strong point for his growth.

I like to try to go through with different characters using different equipment when I play, so I know its the same game but using different abilities or trying out new combinations makes it fun!
    ***Holly Highwind***

Jorrell5000
    I have an IPhone so if I win I'll be ready for it.

My Favorite thing about this game is the epic storyline. It gives me a reason to keep playing and it draws draws me into to the game even more.

I feel the Battles definitely give this game a replayability factor. Even if the battles were hard I would go back and try to beat them again because they were so fun to battle.

Skie's Dark Lady GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! SailorCallie's Avatar

Cool

Searching for hard-to-find items such as the Pink Tail, and the Bomb, Mage, Imp, and Cockatrice summon spells.

The replayability factor for Final Fantasy IV has always been high to me because I love this game and have always played on any version available.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4NUl8vbJ0

The Cringe: Empty Table AMV by SailorCallie (me)

PSN Username: SailorCallie
    Nintendo Network Username: Callie1277
    XBox Live Gamertag: SailorCallie77

What is your favourite thing about Final Fantasy IV?

-I don't necessarily have a favorite aspect about the game itself. My brother got me into Final Fantasy when I was a kid, and I'm always excited for any FF I can get my hands on! I haven't played IV yet but wouldn't say no to giving it a spin!

What do you feel gives this game a replayability factor?

-The fact that this game has been remade multiple times must mean it's got something awesome to offer that keeps players coming back.

Kylera

I enjoyed how it was very character-driven. Granted, most FF games (at least until X as I haven't played after that) are character-driven, but it seems that 4's characters have an even stronger influence on the story. In fact, it seems that 4 is all about the characters and not the conflict. Kain's conflict, the love triangle and Cecil's redemption definitely stick in my mind.

The lack of classes means you don't have to ponder too much about how to tweak your characters. That in itself is not always a bad thing or a good thing - I have also immensely enjoyed 5 and its multitudes of classes, but given how much of an impact the characters have on the storyline, I think in this case, the lack of classes is a good thing so you can enjoy the story again and again.

Findale
    Favorite Thing:

I'd have to say the music. It's been a number of years since I first played Final Fantasy IV, but I still get chills from hearing the Theme of Love. I consider Nobuo Uematsu's work in Final Fantasy IV and VI to be some of the greatest pieces he's composed. They definitely set the mood for the entire game for me personally.

Replayability:

What doesn't give the game a replayability factor? From the moment the Prologue Theme starts at the beginning of the game, you know the adventure's just begun. There's just so many new experiences you can have with the game. On my second play through I leveled Cecil absurdly high on Mt. Ordeals so the rest of my final party would be ridiculously strong as well. In the DS remake they added even more opportunities for new experiences with the augment system. There's just so much about the game, and the Final Fantasy series in general that begs for replays it's hard to narrow it down to just a few things. Drawing from my previous answer, I'd say to relive those moments when the music hits you, whether it's the Prologue, the Theme of Love, Battle with the Four Friends, etc.

Mystyrion GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Oh hey, I still have time to enter haha

I've never played it so I couldn't say

Its a Final Fantasy?

Blog Entries
    Well, you can definitely tell who has played FFIV before and who has not!

All entrants except for SuperSabin are eligible for the giveaway. (Sorry, you told me you didn't have an iOS device!) The drawing will be held LIVE via twitch.tv sometime Saturday evening (between 22:00 CST and 23:00 CST). The winner will be chosen at random through use of a web-based randomizer, and will be sent a Private Message with further information regarding code delivery.

Eligible members are as follows:
    • C:/Dille.Run
    • Findale
    • Holly Highwind
    • Jorrell5000
    • Kurt Zisa
    • Kylera
    • Maduin
    • SailorCallie

Best of luck to all involved!!

edit:
    There will be a post in this thread with a link to the twitch.tv feed and information on the start time approximately 30 minutes before the drawing is to be held. Furthermore, anyone wishing to "join" in on the drawing should let me know and we can set up a Skype conference call prior to the start of the stream. I'd like to kick off with the drawing and then spend a little bit of time talking about FINAL FANTASY IV as well as The After Years.

If you are interested in joining this Skype conference, please leave a Visitor Message on my profile.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 11-30-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    Just a heads up, I'm home early so we'll be doing this at the earliest time listed. Once the Skype call is up and running, I'll set my desktop and get the layout set for the livestream.

You will be able to view the stream at MisterCZAR - Twitch

We will be going live in roughly three hours.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Blog Entries
    LIVE NOW:
    View us at MisterCZAR - Twitch

And the winner is... FINDALE

When the code is received, it will be sent to you via PM. In the meantime, feel free to continue posting! I'll edit this post up later with a link to the YouTube archive for this. The stream didn't want to play nice even though it tested perfectly an hour ago.

Last edited by LocoColt04; 11-30-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Mystyrion GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Congrats Findale!
    Have fun playing

Congrats Findale! It's a great game, I'm still near the end. Need to finish the game!
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Kain's love slave ;) GIVEAWAY: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS! Holly Highwind's Avatar
    Congratulations to you Findale! I'm happy for you and I hope you enjoy it!!
    ***Holly Highwind***