Thread: Final Fantasy VI with reverse character roles

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy VI with reverse character roles SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VI with reverse character roles

I started a playthrough of FFVI recently and thought of this idea where each character would have a different character's name and here would be the names of all my characters:

Terra -> Celes
    Locke -> Rachel (might change that because i messed up my save file)
    Edgar -> Sabin
    Sabin -> Edgar
    Cyan -> Shadow
    Shadow -> Cyan
    Celes -> Terra
    Strago -> Relm
    Relm -> Strago
    Setzer -> Locke
    Mog -> Gau
    Gau -> Mog
    Umaro -> Gogo
    Gogo -> Umaro

I already started the game and heres an example of what to expect in the game with my named characters. So do you guys think this adds to the humor already in the game?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently Playing:

Sounds like an interesting concept. But, I have one thing to say about this.

"A Shadow by any other name is just as badass!"
    Proud to be in the United States Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moog
    You haven't lived until you've taken a shit so massive you quacked.

The Lost Writer Final Fantasy VI with reverse character roles Psiko's Avatar
    Um, really?

Now if you could change the sprites as well it might be amusing, but changing the name from Edgar to Sabin is just the same as putting in Tom or John or anything else. I really don't see the point.

Don't get me wrong, we all know that Sabin and Edgar are opposites in personality at times, but still. Now if you somehow formed Sabin into a super mage and Strago into a melee god...THAT would be some character role reversal I'd be humored by.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

Certified tech, come at me! Final Fantasy VI with reverse character roles SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well its supposed to be funny, you just imagine the characters in that role you name them in and it should be amusing then. Sorry if it doesn't tickle your fancy Psiko.
    Currently Playing:

Che
    Haha, I recently started a new FFIX game and thought about doing this. I had a save file that was about 5 hours in already though, so I couldn't. I didn't want to start from the beginning. Good times!

Bringer Of Light! Final Fantasy VI with reverse character roles Messiah's Avatar
    Haha brilliant!
    I might try this myself actually! sounds like good fun!
    When the world decends into darkness - I'll bring the light!
    Bringer Of Light - Guiding Souls away from Darkness Since 1989!

VISIT MY SITE TODAY!
    Square-Zone
    CURRENTLY EMPLOYING:
    Moderators
    Review Writers
    Illustrator for a GFX team.

Blog Entries
    Now that I made slightly more progress in the game I feel the need to upload some more of the humor. I'll be as careful as I can not to spam this thread of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently Playing:

I'm sorry, but I don't think it's funny at all. Perhaps I'm too old-fashioned, but I only stick with the real names. And I'd be quite confused if I changed the names of all characters. xD"
    If you'd given them some funny names, I'd think it's funny, but just switching the names... hm, not my type of humor, I suppose. :/

Yet, I must admit that the idea of doing it is somehow interesting. It's just not the kind of idea I like. xD

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)