Thread: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Final Fantasy V now on PSN! ZantetsukeN's Avatar

Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

I don't know if this has been reported on or not. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Anyway, yeah, FFV is now available on the PSN. This would be the PS1 version of the game.

This is not my first experience of FFV, but I didn't get very far before. Is anyone else getting it/got it, and if so what do you think?

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy V now on PSN! Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy V now on PSN!

I'm not getting it but that is because I don't live in Europe. Another thing, it is the Anthologies version. Which was a poor port with long load times and a translation that was 'meh'. The FFV Advance has a much better script plus no load times or at least a lot less time loading. So even if I lived in Europe I would pass on this.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 04-16-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Yes I might be getting this as I haven't actually played Final Fantasy V. If anyone does have it, pls tell us how it is playing it on the PSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis_787 View Post
    Yes I might be getting this as I haven't actually played Final Fantasy V. If anyone does have it, pls tell us how it is playing it on the PSP?
    To be honest, I bought it to put on my PSP. It looks great in my opinion. It plays just like it does on console too. Which is definitely a good thing, because I've noticed the other FFs can be a tad laggy on PSP.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Final Fantasy V now on PSN! Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

Definitely getting it, if the price is right. Been wanting to play it, even the one with the poor translation. Then again, I'll have to stomach the different names and words. Meh.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

It was £7.99 on the EU PSN, don't know how much it is elsewhere. It seems a bit steep, but I didn't mind paying it. A hell of a lot cheaper than buying the GBA version.

Is it on the North Ameican PSN? I read just a couple days ago that it's only on the Japanese PSN. What I really wish they'd do is remake this game with the HD graphics and a new, accurate script, like they just did with FFIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    Is it on the North Ameican PSN? I read just a couple days ago that it's only on the Japanese PSN. What I really wish they'd do is remake this game with the HD graphics and a new, accurate script, like they just did with FFIV.
    It is actually on PSN for everybody I believe.

Of course, since it is a direct port, it will have the same old dialogue. However, it looks really nice. Especially if you put the smoothing option on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    It is actually on PSN for everybody I believe.

Of course, since it is a direct port, it will have the same old dialogue. However, it looks really nice. Especially if you put the smoothing option on.
    Sweet. I just might get it then when PSN becomes available again. Not sure if it's still offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal~Killer View Post
    Sweet. I just might get it then when PSN becomes available again. Not sure if it's still offline.
    Yeah, still offline, I checked this morning. We're supposed to get it back this week, or so I've read. No promises though.

The Bad Boy of TFF Final Fantasy V now on PSN! Block's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    Yeah, still offline, I checked this morning. We're supposed to get it back this week, or so I've read. No promises though.
    What? I've been online all week bro. Playing that FFV like a hoss. I'm about to do that part where you get all these trophies. I have trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Block View Post
    What? I've been online all week bro. Playing that FFV like a hoss. I'm about to do that part where you get all these trophies. I have trophies.
    Yo, you see my platinum for Black Ops?
    Before you say anything, I know you didn't. 'Cause PSN is down, and I don't have the platinum... yet. ;p

Anyway. I've recently bought FFIV, and I'm loving that. When I get this one, all I'll need is FFVI for the full set. I should probably play and complete the others though... I'll see when PSN is back up.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

It's the PS1 version. I don't really like the PS1 version of the game, because it has the Japanese names in Romaji and because of the loading times... Oh well. The game is awsome, glad I got to play it on PSP.

Sucks. I went to buy it, because I heard the PSN was back up. Turns out the actual STORE isn't up yet. Just the ability to play online and stuff.

Yes, indeed. The store will be back on May 24th. You won't be able to buy it until then. I was lucky to buy it before this incident

Found that on Google, and wrote the text :3

So you can play FFV on PSP? How? You just download it from PSN? I'm a n00b with PSN, lol.

PS: Is that the IV & V Anthology, because I heard the audio quality was really crappy there. If the audio and translations are good, I'm getting it.

N00b alert!

Sorry for necroing this thread, but can I still get FFV for my PSP? How do I connect to the internet from my PSP and how do I pay online? Can I do this from a PC?