Thread: Number 024

Boxer of the Galaxy Number 024 Rowan's Avatar

Number 024

Made me lost my shit. Battles likethis are often why I turn to strategy guides, which I hate using because often they give away the story. This particular battle pissed me off because the weapons equipped were elemental and therefor everything I used magic or physical healed him. Any tips would be appreciated because I'm avoiding using guides. I'm using celes, Sabin, Locke and Edgar. Also, can anyone give any insight into how helpful grinding is in ff6? Btw, I have chainsaw on Edgar.

Cast Imp and hope it lands, especially after a Barrier Change. Forces 024 to Physical, going to still need to heal tho. To bad you don't have GAU THE GREATEST CHARACTER IN FFVI! You could cast Stone on Number024 if Gau is lvl24 and just Rock him with Stone.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I have gou but perhaps I'm underestimating him? How is he used and developed? I know something about the veldt and fighting monsters there but I don't quite understand it. Should I be using him?

Gau has like 2-3 abilities out of that entire move set that are worth using throughout the game. And then some battles like this one Gau has other skills that own.

Gau is the Hunter/Beastmaster class changed a bit. If you played FFV and tried out the Beastmaster Job, it's almost like that. The Veldt is basically, if you want him to learn new beast abilities just send him off, after some time he will come back with some fresh abilities. All monsters in the game eventually make it to the Veldt.

He is used like so. If you are using him on Number024 and you cast Stone...Gau will cast stone or any other abilities under that "Monsters" move set the entire battle or until he has fainted. So if you think about it he's also somewhat of a Berserker as well, but only because you can't choose something else after you chose one.

Edit: Also Gau is by no means the best character in FFVI. I just like him because he's very unique. As well as Setzer.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

I beat the 024 by casting IMP an using drill, I find drill does more reliable damage than chainsaw. Who is the best character in your opinion?

Drill does more DMG but I believe Chainsaw has a chance to Insta Death.

When it comes to a Magic user Relm takes the pot, she has the highest Magic Stat without using Espers when leveling. Vigor is pointless at a certain point and the more damage you want to do is from a better weapon.

GoGo because I can double cast ultima and then Mime both Ultima?

Terra for Trance?

Celes for Runic?

Sabin for Bum Rush?

Cyan for his Techs?

It really comes down to who you build to be the best character. Unless it's a Magic user of course. Celes, Relm and Terra just destroy with Magic.
    Last edited by loaf; 04-10-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Certified tech, come at me! Number 024 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    It really comes down to who you build to be the best character. Unless it's a Magic user of course. Celes, Relm and Terra just destroy with Magic.
    Exactly this statement. The stat boosts do help but it is possible to have really beefed up characters without using the esper stat gains, if you really want to break the game, you can do some exp grinding in the later part of the game with exp eggs and dino fighting with espers equipped.

Heres a few tips for you: Never leave a character untouched (even if its one you don't really use throughout the story), because later on, you will have to use them in the end so make sure to train everyone with magic, give them good equipment, and use relics that help boost their speed and absorb status effects.
    Currently Playing: