Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVI HELPLINE (possible spoilers inside)

Jinn
    Anyone know where to aquire the Mirage Vest at?

Magic Vest? I've never heard of such a thing!

Jinn
    Neither have I until recently. I've heard it from a couple of reliable sources. So I'm pretty sure it's real. I just need to know where to aquire it. I've search the WOB and WOR head to toe and still no Mirage Vest.

You can get the Mirage Vest by betting a Thornlet at the Colosseum. I don't know of any enemies that you could steal or morph it from.

It's hardly worth getting, though, at least in my opinion. It's special effect is to make the wearer hard to hit physically (it's very much like using a Shadow Edge), but as I recall it wears off after a certain amount of time or number of attacks. And the stats are rather poor compared to the other armors you have access to in the WoR. Those stats are: 48 Def, 36 M.Def, 6 Speed, 10 M.Block%.

Jinn
    Well, I was hoping I could aquire it in the WOB where it would be useful. If its like any other Mirage vest, Blink or Image Magic the effects should wear off after 3 hits.

One True Madali
    Where is the dragon in the forest to the north of the veldt?

i went to a cave and the ppl in it said here there is a dragon in the forest north of the Veldt-I wnet there and fought only tyranosaurs??????/

And who is sasquatch and where is he----somewhere in Narshe caves?/???

Jinn
    Okay, if you fighting tyranosaurs that means you've found the dragon forest. Big deal, eh?

The sasquatsh you speak of would be Umaro. Go into the narshe mines and to the right should be a small pathway that you couldn't fit before because you had Magtek Armor on. Work your way through the caves until you reach the top of the mountain. (Bring Mog) When you reach the top toast Tritoch with Fire2 spells. Should make quick work of him. The ledge behind the Esper should fall, jump down. Work your way through more caves until you reach some bone carvings, examine one of them. Then Umaro should come down to introduce himself. After that have Mog speak with him, he will be prompt to join your party. Anymore questions?

One True Madali
    In dragon forest there should be a legendary dragon, Where is it?
    All i get is tyranosaurs

Where do i get a Paladin shield, please be exact and give specific details or just email it to at [email protected]

Where do i get ultima/from what esper?

How do i make a banner for my profile to show on all my posts and how do i spend money?PLEASE ANSWER
    Last edited by One True Madali; 08-28-2002 at 12:41 PM.

Jinn
    There is no legendary dragon it just a rumor. Only Tyranos.

I can't give you exact direction right this second. But I'll get them ASAP. But it's not hard to find. An old man in an unmarked building within Narshe. Will give you a cursed shield. Fight 256 battles with it to turn it into the Paladin shield.(battles on the Veldt don't count.) And Gogo can't uncurse the shield.

The Ragnarok Esper teches you Ultima at a rate of x1, the Paladin Shield will also teach you Ultima at the same rate. Equip them both to learn it at a rate of x2.

In the top right hand side of the screen is the RPG Shop, spend you money there. There are numerous ways to make a banner but these questions don't belong here. Please ask in the other forum.

One True Madali
    Hey, where are th rest of my party members
    I only have Celes,Edgar,Cyan,That blitz guy,GOGO,Mog,and Umaro,Stezer, and gau

Where are locke,terra,etc

i went back to that town wheer the kids are and terra's not there
    Where is everyone
    Wheres strago, the little girl,all my old ppl

What is at the top of fanatics tower
    Last edited by One True Madali; 08-28-2002 at 02:39 PM.

Jinn
    Locke is in the Pheonix Cave. The Pheonix Cave is a mass of mountains that looks like a star with a small piece of grassland in the center to place your airship.

Terra is not in her house, and it appears that Katarin ran off as Duane was a bit angry. Go to the house on the left side of Mobliz and watch the dog carefully. Follow that dog downstairs and you will see Terra, Katarin is about to have a baby and Duane comes in and apologizes. He hasn't been the best husband but he is learning and wants Katarin to come back with him. Then suddenly the whole place shakes as Phunbaba returns. Then you must fight him.

You must go through Owzers house and kill Chadarnook to aquire Relm.

Take Relm to see Strago at the Fanatics Tower to recruit him.

And if you saved Shadow in the WOB you'll find him in the cave on the Veldt.

On top of the Fanatics Tower is a GemBox and a mini boss. The secret to killing the mini boss is casting life3 at the begining on batlle.

One True Madali
    i searched Owzers house and just see paintings, no RELM

I didnt even know how to save SHADOW

Ok----- Question???
    Which is better the ragnoroak sword or magicite
    I want the sword because it has great stats but if i don't get the magicite i miss out on ULTIMA

Is there any alternate way of gaining Ultima?

Which is the best choice?

I'm stuck on the river with Banon and Terra. I don't want to start my file over, but my characters aren't levelled up enough. What can I do to beat Ultros without starting over??

To One True Madali:

If you didn't save Shadow, go to the Velt Cave anyway. You'll find Relm there, and after fighting a boss you'll end up taking here to Thamasa. Then wait a little while and once she disappears from Thamasa, go to Owzers house. Check out the painting in the bottom left corner and a battle will start. Afterwards a door will appear and you'll be on your way to finally getting Relm.

Which form of Ragnarok is better? Well, that's opinion really. The sword is good and can be bet at the Colosseum for the most powerful sword: Illumina. But the esper lets you learn Ultima and it's special ability/attack can morph enemies into items. There's several rare items you can get that way.

As Jinn said in a previous post, the Paladin Shield is an alternate way of learning Ultima.

Also note that you'll need Locke in your party to be able to get into the buildings in Narshe and get the Ragnarok and Cursed Shield.

To Maduin20000:

Put Terra, Edgar, and Banon in the back row, this will significantly reduce the damage they take. Have Edgar always use Autocrossbow unless you really need to use a healing item. Have Banon always use is healing ability. Have Terra cast the Fire spell unless you're really in trouble and need Cure. Have Sabin use Pummel. As I recall, Ultros will counter attack after being hit with Fire and maybe after Sabin's Blitzes. So if you're getting beat too badly at any point, pause your attacking and heal, then resume. Also, don't worry too much if any characters get blinded, since it won't affect Terra's spells or Banon's healing (or Edgar or Sabin's special attacks if I remember correctly).

One True Madali
    paladin shield doesnt teach me ultima it just has good defenses

When do i get to fight Kefka or go to his tower?

im ready to beat the game ive finished every sidequest...wait just one more left
    What happens when i kill all the dragons do i get crusader or do i have to fight something else

SOMEone told me that one of the legendary dragons is in The Ancient Castle-i went to ancient castle while travelling to figaro the castle hit something i went and i explored and got ODIN and X-Fight but there was no DRAGON in sight

I checked everywhere in that underground castle-There isnt any legendary dragon, is there??

Where is the legendary dragon in the ancient castle-am i in the right ancient castle?

I got all dragons except for the fanatics tower, 2 kefkas, and The ancient castle dragons-Where is the ancient castle and where is the dragon
    Last edited by One True Madali; 08-29-2002 at 10:37 AM.

Um, the Paladin Shield should teach Ultima unless there's something very odd going on with your game.

You can go to Kefka's tower whenever you want. You have to use the airship.

Once all 8 dragons are dead you'll just get Crusader.

You have the correct castle. Walk 4 or 5 steps down from one of the thrones in the Ancient Castle and push the A/Talk/Confirm button. I think it's the right throne. You should hear a noise or something. Then go into the room on the right and you'll see stairs that weren't there before. Down there you'll find the dragon, and also a statue which if you touch it will turn Odin into Raiden.

Originally posted by SirBlack
    To Maduin20000:

Put Terra, Edgar, and Banon in the back row, this will significantly reduce the damage they take. Have Edgar always use Autocrossbow unless you really need to use a healing item. Have Banon always use is healing ability. Have Terra cast the Fire spell unless you're really in trouble and need Cure. Have Sabin use Pummel. As I recall, Ultros will counter attack after being hit with Fire and maybe after Sabin's Blitzes. So if you're getting beat too badly at any point, pause your attacking and heal, then resume. Also, don't worry too much if any characters get blinded, since it won't affect Terra's spells or Banon's healing (or Edgar or Sabin's special attacks if I remember correctly).

Thanks for the information; I really needed that. I hope I can get through the river now.

One True Madali
    How do i fix the stuff in gaus fathers house and whats on his roof?

Where is the exact location of the 2 dragons in kefkas towers?

You don't fix the stuff. Gau's father just thinks your a repair man because he's nuts. Only thing you can do there is take Gau (or maybe Gau and Sabin) to see him and you'll get a bit of a cutscene.

They're..um.. in it. The place is a mess and I can't think of any great way to describe where they are. You have to split into 3 groups when you go in the tower. Groups 2 and 3 will encounter the dragons. They're not hidden or anything, in fact they're rather hard to miss.

One True Madali
    Which one of my groups gets to fight Kefka out of my three groups and if is group one the key group because grups two and three get to fight the ancient dragons
    Last edited by One True Madali; 08-30-2002 at 08:18 PM.

Actually, all 3 groups fight Kefka. When you get there, all 12 party members will come together, and you will choose which 4 will fight first, then the order in which they'll be replaced if they die (you'll understand more when you get there.)

One True Madali
    Everyone lv 99 now in my party but out of three groups only 3rd went to green thing at end but group 1 and2 cant pass cuz door wont open

HELP??

and I need a little help too. Im at the southern content and im at the town near wher Setzer lands his airship and my party is Locke 17 Sabin 17 Edgar 16 and Celes 14 should I level to 20?

One True Madali
    you should if u want to be powerful
    dont lv up too much till u get more espers

QUESTION:IN kefkas tower,i got groups 2 and 3 out to end and now my group 1 is trapped in a room with a green switch and a treasure chest

What do i do
    I alreday tampered with the glowy cheest( Ithink?)

even though, how do i pass
    theres 2 staircases one parralel to me but path is blocked

Please help everey one lv99 and have all magic

I dont want it all to be for nuttin

where's gau in the WOR?

i have celes, sabin, edgar, setzer, cyan, terra, shadow, gogo, mog, and umaro.

everyone but locke, gau, strago, and relm i guess.

nevermind i got gau AND relm now.

now the only characters left are locke + strago.

The Old Skool Warrior FFVI HELPLINE (possible spoilers inside) LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    bux-- absolutely no double posting. EDIT BUTTON. The mods don't like it when you double post. You get warned. Possible banned. But, you're new, so they should let you pass this time.

EDIT: by the way, Locke is in the mountains shaped like a star; there's a hole in the middle- drop the airship, you'll need two parties to get to him. Strago is circling in front of the Cult of Kefka tower. Bring Relm in your party; she'll get him back.

Okay, I'm gonna feel stupid for this one, but I never got the Offering my first time through, and I'm not sure where to look. I'm nowhere near ready to go get it yet this time, but I'd still like to go ahead and find out so I don't accidentally miss it when the time comes.
    Last edited by LocoColt04; 09-02-2002 at 10:00 AM.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

It's in the Ancient Castle. It's in the bottom part that you access by hitting the switch 5 steps down from the throne where Odin turns into Raiden. I'm not sure about the exact location once you get down there, but it shouldn't be too hard to miss.

About Kefka's Tower:

I think I know where you are. Take group 2 back through the tower and you should be able to get to the other side of that room that has the switch. Step on it and group 1 can advance.

About the Offering:

It's not in the bottom room of the Ancient Castle. When you're at the front/outside of the castle, go in the left enterance. You'll find a chest with a monster in it called KatanaSoul. You'll get the Offering once you beat it.

One True Madali
    Thx for all the help
    Now I am finished with FF6 and all of its secrets and now Im moving onto FF5 and I canhelp ppl with questions now

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast