Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVI HELPLINE (possible spoilers inside)

FFVI HELPLINE (possible spoilers inside) Ponk's Avatar
    no mcbilly, u want two atmas and a high strength stat!

If you're at Level 99 you're unbeatable. Does anyone know how many Atma Weapons are in the game? I rarely use Locke during the final boss battle, so can I steal some from the various parts?

Imp's Armor

This may sound like a stupid question, but where is the Imp's armor?

FFVI HELPLINE (possible spoilers inside) Ponk's Avatar
    OK Dauragon, there are two Atma Weapons. One you get early on, I think on the Floating Continent, and the other you get on Kefka's Tower from one of the goddesses. You have to steal it though. You can also steal aa Ragnarok sword from another goddess.

LTB11, i think the Imp's Armour can be gotten in the Coliseum.

As far as I know you can't bet anything at the Colloseum to get Imp's Armor. I know you can Steal them from Tyranosaurs, but I don't remember what other enemies might give you them.

Btw, for those talking about being unbeatable: try equipping Terra, Locke, Edgar, or Celes with the Illumina, Paladin Shield, Bard's Hat, Force Armor, Beads, and Zephyr Cape. That'll boost the character's Evade% by 120 and Magic Block% by 140. To say the least, a lot of stuff will miss

A question about the 8 Dragons was brought up, so I'll just put all of their locations.

-Narshe: Near the Tritoch Esper.
    -Opera House: On the stage.
    -Phoenix Cave: Near the end, before the room with Locke in it.
    -Ancient Castle: In the basement, take 5 steps down from where the queen would sit, and press the A button. Head to the queen's room and a staircase will have appeared.
    -Mount Zozo: In a treasure chest. It'll fly around for a bit, you have to bump into it.
    -Fanatic's Tower: The second last room before the top.
    -Kefka's Tower: One of the 3 groups.
    -Kefka's Tower: One of the remaining 2 groups.

That's where they are all located.

How do i avoid sneeze? (at the colluseum... damn chupon.)

I don't believe it's possible to evade sneeze, but if it is, it's best to equip Locke with a things that boost evasion. Give him Illumina, the Paladin Shield, and anything else that gives a few points of evasion bonuses.

Or, just go all out, get a super fast character with a ton of fighting power, like Terra with Illumina, the Atma Weapon, Offering and Genji Glove, and pray that you can kill it before it lands sneeze.

I've never tried Vanish before going into the coloseum, but I don't think it would work.

FFVI HELPLINE (possible spoilers inside) Kitten's Avatar

Yeti and Mog

After the end of the world I'm stuck gathering up the rest of my party... and upon reaching Narshe, I ran into Mr. Yeti in the mines and promptly kicked his ass and sent him whimpering to the corner.

My problem is, that after I beat him, I found Mog, who suggested I go back and find the Yeti and then he would be added to my party. I went back to the Yeti, still sitting in the corner sulking, and he won't say anything other than "Ooh".

Should I leave and change my party so that Mog is actually a party member, and will I get him then? (there were already four members of my party so I'm assuming he just went back to the ship). Or should I have left the Yeti ass-kicking until after I had gotten Mog?

I'd prefer to get an answer from you guys as opposed to trekking back and forth between the ship and the mines in order to figure it out.

Thanx!

Meow
    <center>
    <table style="filter:glow(color=deeppink, strength=4)">Mrow</table>
    </center>

If you have Mog in your active battle party, he should be able to force Umaro to join. You don't need to have an open space for him to join, he'll just walk out the door and meet you back in the main hall of the Falcon.

You should have him in there anyway, The Moogle Charm is a godsend against those damned enemies and their unyielding imp attacks.

When leveling up, be sure to equip the Espers which give bonuses. Its not a good idea to level up without the bonuses because you'll be significantly weaker. Your level means nothing, its your stats that count.

Andy_216
    Here is a real spoiler if you have the old version of FF3.

Goto Zozo and have edgar,strago,terra and relm in your party.
    Cast vanish on gabbledak then tell relm to sketch them the game should glitch up and escape the battle. Then look in your inventory you should have almost everyitem in the game and over 99 the quanity by them will be 0. Save first though becuase your game could freeze.

Eh? A dragon in Triangle Island? I don't know what you're thinking of but none of the 8 dragons are down there. Scroll up to Dauragon's post for their locations.

Edit:
    And as I look up now, I see a double post. Don't do that Andy, people don't like it. Just edit your first post if you need to add anything (like I'm doing here).

Now about exploiting Relm's Sketch Glitch. It can give you items or just freeze up everything. Or in rare cases it can wipe out all your saved games (I've had it happen) so beware of using it. Btw, the times I've gotten it to work decently I didn't get 99 or everything. In fact I only got like 40 Economizers, a couple other rare items, and a whole lotta crap... Not really worth it.

Help...
    Can anyone tell me how to open up a passage for Group 1 in Kefkas tower. The one after the doom dragons (how hard random battles!) and a big room containing esper draining facilities(all smashed up)? Both groups 2 and 3 are underneath the weights on the switches.
    Ive been running around for 2 hours and I cant find a thing. It makes me so angry...

Been ages since I've been in Kefka's Tower, but I once made a hand drawn map of it... Looking at it, I think I understand where you are. If I'm right, what you need to do is take group 3 go back out of the area with the weights and switches. Take them back past the room with one of the dragons, past the next room, and you should come out in an area that has 2 treasure chests (they contained a Megalixir and Rainbow Brush). Now moving left from the door you've just come out of, there's a conveyor going up to one of the chests. But right before the conveyor there should be some kind of switch on the floor. That'll open up the way for group 1.

Can anyone give me some advice for when you face phunbaba with Celes and Sabin. My Celes and Sabin are only level 30, so is there a way? I heard that you can use phantom and Phunbaba Won't be able to hit you. Does anyone know if this is true?

I've never tried it, but I know one of the best things to do is use poison attacks. The deal good amounts of damage, and since Phunbaba has over 30000 HP I think, it's good to have strong poison attacks. You never get a chance to kill him yet, because he runs away. I'm pretty sure you still have to deal out fair amounts of damage before he does run away.

Give Sabin 2 Poison Claws, a Genji Glove, and a BlackBelt (Poison Claws can be bought in Tzen). Have Celes learn Bio from the Shoat esper. Have both Sabin and Celes learn Cure 2 (just in case you get hit hard). Then in the battle have Sabin fight, Celes cast Bio, and cast Cure 2 as necessary. You should be able to trash Phunbaba without too much trouble.

Setzer Gabbiani
    Me I'm stuck At the final boss Kefka after beating all those other parts I thort I would kick his arse with a Setzer that has Genji Glove and Offering And Dice And Fixed dice. Also Strago has X magic Ultima HELP!! me my guys are level 45 I also have MOG an LOCKE but they can't do much except cure 2

FFVI HELPLINE (possible spoilers inside) KnightSaber's Avatar

Illumina

Is there other opportunities to get the Illumina other then the Colleseum? I chose Rag. the esper not the sword so I can't wager it.

Not that I know of. The only way to get it is by wagering the Ragnarok. Sure you can use a GameGenie, but that's cheap. The Esper is much more useful in my opinion. If all your characters have good strength, and a fairly strong weapon, (not to mention if they're at level 99) you can do 9999 damage all the time. Ultima comes in very handy at the end, especially with the Gem Box and Gogo. (X-Ultima twice =P)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I get out of my room in Figaro Castle when Terra lights it on fire????????????????????????

Setzer Gabbiani
    Huh when Terra lights it on fire I think you a bit confused about the story mate any way if your where i think you are you have to talk to the imperial solders either side of Kefka.

Me I've ain't got no questions because I am the master of FF6 and don't need no help but Pm me if you want to know something
    and I can almost guarranty I can answear it

lol yeah i'm just messin around, i've played through ff6 at least 20 times i understand the plot

You're a master of spelling and grammar too Setzer.

Please, if you're going to post a question, don't make up something stupid like that. It can be considered spam. I doubt you'll ever read this, but whatever.

I have a killer guide for this game and will send it to anyone by e mail if they want it. PM me, itll answer all yer questions.

I'm not exactly sure if this fits under this thread but here it goes...
    A friend of mine told me that at the top of the Fanatic's Tower, when you fight the boss, that there is some way of getting a special Blitz for Sabin(I forgot how he said to do it) Does anyone know if this really exists?

Never heard of anything like that. The only "special" Blitz is Bum Rush which you get by taking Sabin to Duncan's house (it's northeast of Narshe where the trees form a "+"). I'd say either your friend got confused with the Bum Rush or else he's spouting off another crap rumor.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was just making stuff up... I have another question.
    While using Gau's Rage, if you select Intangir, is it possible for him to use Meteo? He only seems to either use Pep Up, or just normal attack.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast