Thread: FFIV please help me, I can't stop dying

Heza

FFIV please help me, I can't stop dying

Hello~

I started playing FFIV on the GBA emulator for iOS and it was all going fine for a while and then (I don't know exactly when it started) Cecil started losing life every turn.
    I battle, he loses life every time he attacks, I walk around (without losing life), get into another battle and the same thing happens. Iv'e died and come back using magick and phoenix downs, I've stayed at inns, Iv'e tried every item I have and I've put up with it and defeated a boss (just in case it was part of the game) which really chewed through my potions and mp. All the other characters are fine. Oh, and during battle he crouches and looks like he's sweating (I think, four little white pixels come out of his head and turn blue).

please help me! What do I do?

also, I'm entirely new to using forums so if I was meant to post this somewhere else I'm sorry!
    Last edited by Heza; 12-29-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Consistently Average FFIV please help me, I can't stop dying Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: FFIV please help me, I can't stop dying

It's possible he's been hit by Sap or Poison. Both of these lower Hp every turn by a small amout. You could try using Esuna or a Unicorn Horn. If you say what part of the game you're up to it might be more of a help.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Heza

Wow fast reply thank you

I tried antidotes so I don't think it's poison.. How do you counter sap? I don't have esuna or unicorn horn where can I get them? Is it normal for status ailments to stay even after the character has died and been resurrected?

I only just started the game. It started happening when I was getting gil around kaipo and I've just made it to Damcyan.

I've attached a pic of during battle if that helps

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images FFIV please help me, I can't stop dying-photo-jpg 

Crash Boom Bang FFIV please help me, I can't stop dying Lily's Avatar

Have you tried staying at an inn? Neither of those characters will be able to use Esuna, so at that point in the game it's not gunna really help. Dont suppose you have any remedies or elixers? Have a look in an item shop and see what items they have. I can't imagine it's anything you have equipped... Id check though, just in case

I do what you can't. FFIV please help me, I can't stop dying Sasquatch's Avatar

Are you using his "Darkness" attack? His Darkness ability will take his HP and use that to make the attack stronger, so if you're continually using Darkness, his HP will drain quickly.

I don't think there's anything before Kaipo that can hit you with Sap/Virus, and if he's poisoned, a simple Antidote will heal him. Don't waste your Remedy, Unicorn Horn, or especially Elixer -- you'll want those Elixers when you have thousands of HP and MP, instead of three hundred HP, and Unicorn Horn only heals status effects that would heal themselves at the end of the battle.

EDIT: From the picture you have up there, it's not a status effect. That's just how Cecil looks when he's hurt, in his "critical HP" stage.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 12-30-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Heza

Bing bong! We have a winner! The gold medal hoes to Sasquatch! I was using darkness all this time an never put two and two together :0

Thank you everyone~
    Last edited by Heza; 12-30-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: * goes (stupid auto spelling)

Usually there is this Text that pops up when you are Selecting the ability and it tells you what it does.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Heza

Really? I haven't got one I get an explanation for spells an items if I look at them in the menu though.
    Another question: how do I flee from battles?

You need to hold both L and R to flee away from a battle. Some battles like Bosses and Monster-In-A-Box you CAN NOT Flee from.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Heza

Thank you~

Wow just wow lol Im going to leave it at that...... xD