Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FFIV Help Thread

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFIV Help Thread Xanatos's Avatar

Re: FFIV Help Thread

It's been a while since I played Final Fantasy IV so I'm not quite sure, though if my memorie serves me well all you need to do is defend, after certain amount of time Dark Cecil should disappear, use cure, or potion when low on HP.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I do what you can't. FFIV Help Thread Sasquatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanb View Post
    OK, I'm pretty sure I must be making a silly mistake but I'm stuck on the part where you fight yourself before you become a 'i forget ' you know when cecil loses the armour, dam cant remember the name ... but its as if my charachter is too strong... for me to beat him... has anyone had this problem? or could anyone give me some tips/answers?
    You're talking about Mount Ordeals, where Cecil becomes a Paladin. Eventually in that fight, the words "A true warrior will sheathe his sword" (or something like it, if that's not exact) will come up -- meaning that you need to sheathe your sword instead of fight with it. So don't fight. Defend. It helps if you're in the back row, but you should be able to get by with just Defending. Don't hit back, and don't use items unless you can't take another hit.

Basically, to win, you have to let him win.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Hewerya love...? FFIV Help Thread seanb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    You're talking about Mount Ordeals, where Cecil becomes a Paladin. Eventually in that fight, the words "A true warrior will sheathe his sword" (or something like it, if that's not exact) will come up -- meaning that you need to sheathe your sword instead of fight with it. So don't fight. Defend. It helps if you're in the back row, but you should be able to get by with just Defending. Don't hit back, and don't use items unless you can't take another hit.

Basically, to win, you have to let him win.
    OK I'l give this a go, it might be what im doing wrong.... and yes a Paladin !!

right, thanks

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy FFIV Help Thread Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

I know it's not exactly the first FFIV, but I need some help in the After Years (couldn't find a better place to post this). I've been stuck at the Gathering Tale, and every Eidolon (besides Shiva) seems too tough to defeat. The only one I came close to defeating was Ifrit (he started attacking twice in the same turn on my surviving party member, which is how I know). I tried Inferno, which is really not that great. I try to cast Ice spells when he starts preparing Hellfire, but he usually beats me to it. Blizzaga helps tons, but takes too long to cast. I'd try grinding, but it would take days before Rydia learns Blizzaga. It just takes too long to level up.

Any suggestions, or do I just keep grinding and hope for the best? :/
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Melodious Schemer FFIV Help Thread Final Hearts 69's Avatar

I have the PSP version of FFIV (which is FFIV the complete collection) and I need some help on what to do next. I always seem get myself in a rut like this somehow. I have Cecil as a paladin and he is level 17...I also have Tellah, Cid, and Yang with me. I know I need to go fight the Dark Elf and then find a way to tresmarsh (or whatever it is called) but how do I get the hovercar to the islands if it's stuck over by Mount Hobs? Is there a way to get a new hovercraft or do I need a boat to get to where I am going? Or am I just forgetting to do something entirally all together? Help me out please and thank you.
    "All I did was watch, I didn't even try to stop her...that was my sin and this...this is my punishment." -Vincent Valentine, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus-

Quote Originally Posted by Final Hearts 69 View Post
    I have the PSP version of FFIV (which is FFIV the complete collection) and I need some help on what to do next. I always seem get myself in a rut like this somehow. I have Cecil as a paladin and he is level 17...I also have Tellah, Cid, and Yang with me. I know I need to go fight the Dark Elf and then find a way to tresmarsh (or whatever it is called) but how do I get the hovercar to the islands if it's stuck over by Mount Hobs? Is there a way to get a new hovercraft or do I need a boat to get to where I am going? Or am I just forgetting to do something entirally all together? Help me out please and thank you.
    I'm not sure why you need the hovercraft yet -- but don't worry, when you need it, you'll be able to get to it. If that's your party, the next thing for you to do is go to Troia, so don't worry about the rest of it. Troia is Northwest of Baron, surrounded by forests. Make sure you buy (or have kept) enough non-metallic wea[ons and armor, because you won't be happy once you get into the Dark Elf's hideout otherwise. What I usually do with said cave is rush through it to get to the end, then take my time exploring it on the way back -- it'll be easier that way.

But make sure you look through Troia. Every building, every room in the castle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I know it's not exactly the first FFIV, but I need some help in the After Years (couldn't find a better place to post this). I've been stuck at the Gathering Tale, and every Eidolon (besides Shiva) seems too tough to defeat. The only one I came close to defeating was Ifrit (he started attacking twice in the same turn on my surviving party member, which is how I know). I tried Inferno, which is really not that great. I try to cast Ice spells when he starts preparing Hellfire, but he usually beats me to it. Blizzaga helps tons, but takes too long to cast. I'd try grinding, but it would take days before Rydia learns Blizzaga. It just takes too long to level up.

Any suggestions, or do I just keep grinding and hope for the best? :/
    What level is your party? The only thing you can do there is to level grind and to learn the right way for you to defeat them in order to get them back.

Found that on Google, and wrote the text :3

Juppiter Adept FFIV Help Thread TheNiteAngel's Avatar

Alright I'm coming down to the end of this game, but I'm heavily medicated due to wisdom tooth extraction, so it probably won't get done tonight. I've done every side-quest and gotten everything so far, and I'm in the last area. For the first time, I'm stuck on a boss and I wonder if any of you have tips. It's the Wyvern that guards one of the weapons. It keeps casting MegaFire on me repeatedly, so I can't get many hits in, but all characters are at least 60. Any suggestions?
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

Looking to Buy: TA2, and XII-RW

Haven't played: XIII, 7-CC, XIIRW, TA2

Complete: I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, MQ

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Favorite non-FF RPG: Legend of Dragoon (Total Complete 8 times)

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy FFIV Help Thread Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

You're probably talking about Dark Bahamut (and you probably meant MegaFlare, too), so the best way to defeat it is the same way as the original Bahamut; cast Reflect on as many party members as you can, and watch Mega Flare bounce back on him. It may sound illogical, especially to those who only played X and on, but it's definitely worth a shot.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    You're probably talking about Dark Bahamut (and you probably meant MegaFlare, too), so the best way to defeat it is the same way as the original Bahamut; cast Reflect on as many party members as you can, and watch Mega Flare bounce back on him. It may sound illogical, especially to those who only played X and on, but it's definitely worth a shot.
    I figure it is the same boss. See, I'm playing on the FF Chronicles version for PSX so it doesnt have a name in-game but someone said Wyvern earlier... regardless, it is the only time I've ever seen MegaFlare casted as MegaFire. I'll have to try that tomorrow when I get the chance. The only thing keeping me down in this one that is harder than the original Bahamut fight is the sheer speed and the initial cast of MegaFlare. I'll let ya know how I do and hopefully come bearing the good news of another FF down tomorrow
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

If it's not the SNES version, you should have some of the items that work as Wall/Reflect -- Lunar Curtain, is it? Have as many people as possible use those, in addition to Rosa's spell. And have Kain Jump -- even if he doesn't have a wall up, if he's in the air, nothing will hit him anyway. Let Rosa go first and heal everybody a bit (they'll need it, since MegaFlare/MegaFire is the first thing they're hit with), then start keeping the walls up. Keep having Rydia use Bahamut, and if you can, have Cecil/Edge with Berserk and/or Haste (those items are Bacchus' Cider and Hermes' Sandals, respectively).

If Edge has both of his final katanas, one of them -- test it out, I can't remember if it's the Murasame or the Masamune -- can be "used" as an item on himself to cast Haste. I don't believe he can use it on any other character, and one of them cast Protect instead -- and I'm not sure whether or not they reflect, but I don't believe so -- but it might help save him a turn so he can get to throwing things (this battle would be a good one to use the Spoon/Knife that Yang's wife gives you) or hammering away.

I still think they should have kept some of the old names -- White, Nuke, etc.

Thanks you guys for the help. I just picked it up again like 5 minutes ago and beat him on the first shot. Time to go deeper!

Hi, i play now the FFIV for PSP, and where a find the Dark Bahamut? Is in lunar subterrane, but i don't know where find.

Consistently Average FFIV Help Thread Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A quick question about Augments. Do they have to be part of a character's command window as one of the four abilities or can they just be given to a character in order for the stat changes to take effect? I'm nearing the stage where they start to influence your stat gain and it made me wonder. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: No worries, I figured it all out for myself. It was quite a dumb question if you ask me.
    Last edited by Kurt Zisa; 11-20-2012 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Reasons stated above
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

On Android FF4.

Does Cecil's Darkness stack?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Consistently Average FFIV Help Thread Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it does. Darkness last for a couple turns before you need to reapply it, the only ability in IV that stacks is Focus... I think. It's been a while and I think I'm getting confused with III.

Oh and welcome to the forums
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Thanks kindly, also thank you for the answer. I was testing it out and it seems as if it does not stack. So if anyone does have that question it is answered.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

charlyhorse
    where should i grind after obtaining cid (and the airship)

Are you looking for the Earth Crystal? Should be able to farm right outside Toroia.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3